Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-12-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
ThEsAVaGe

Im just wondering what everyone thinks about Ricky?, where he'll end up playing this year, will he play?
Old 05-12-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

I feel Ricky was torn apart unfairly by the media. He'll likely end up back in the CFL again.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This guy 30, it looks like Maimi will cut him becuase they drafted Brooker.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He was doing good in CFL, my guess is they either trade him or release him.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think that he is done, no body is going to take a chance on a 30 year old running back especilly with the new policies.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ricky can be a hell of a talent but unfortunately his drug use and history will always haunt him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Rickey Williams is a guy who hasn't found himself and what he wants with life yet.

He is obvious a very intelligent person with interests beyond football. Any interveiw will verify that. He doesn't come across like a thug like some players. Ricky doesn't know what Ricky wants.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bryanGENE

ricky probably won't ever be a premiere back in this league again. he loves drugs more than football, and for that he is where he is today. he will most likely be released as opposed to being traded.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanGENE View Post
ricky probably won't ever be a premiere back in this league again. he loves drugs more than football, and for that he is where he is today. he will most likely be released as opposed to being traded.

"he loves drugs more than football" its Pot.. its not something bad for you, like coke, alcohol, or a McDonalds value meal. Its just pot
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bryanGENE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
"he loves drugs more than football" its Pot.. its not something bad for you, like coke, alcohol, or a McDonalds value meal. Its just pot
last time i checked pot was considered a drug and illegal. maybe it's just me. you must smoke pot to say that. i lived w/ 3 stoners in college who prob have the same views you're about to give.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
last time i checked pot was considered a drug and illegal. maybe it's just me. you must smoke pot to say that. i lived w/ 3 stoners in college who prob have the same views you're about to give.
Driving 5 miles over the speed limit is illegal too and you do it all the time, yet i can go out and get plastered and be legal. If you want to get into a scientific debate every one of those things i mentioned is way worse for you than Pot. Let me throw in Caffeine (WHICH IS A DRUG) that is in the soda you are most likely drinking right now, it gives you a high and people have actually died from. Remember Marijuana was banned in 1937 by the same christian fundy groups that got alcohol banned during the same period, The US constitution is written on hemp for "christ sake".
Old 05-14-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Pot is considered a drug, but you can't stop ppl from smoking it. t's just like you said drving 5 miles over the speed limit. No matter what you do you can't stop ppl from using it.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
Pot is considered a drug, but you can't stop ppl from smoking it. t's just like you said drving 5 miles over the speed limit. No matter what you do you can't stop ppl from using it.
It is only considered bad because some people with a stick up their A** said that their magical sky person doesnt like it. Which statement has been uttered more "My husband came home stoned and beat me" or "my husband came home drunk and beat me"

Basically i am saying that Ricky Williams is no Korean Robinson, or even Shaun "i would eat wendy's stackers every day" Andrews... when it comes to harming his body or putting himself in risk
Old 05-14-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
He was doing good in CFL, my guess is they either trade him or release him.
No he wasn't.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default ummm....

If Ricky Williams truly wanted to come back the NFL he would have done it. Ricky is a different breed and I think he is pretty tired of the limelight of the NFL and the media attention that goes with it. He isn't addicted to crack, on steroids, or beating up women so give the guy a break. He probably doesn't even smoke pot that much, he just doesn't want to play in the NFL anymore. From his actions it appears he just wants to finish off his career in the CFL and than retire somewhere exotic and do yoga or whatever. If that makes him happier than being an All-Pro RB in the NFL than all the power to him in my opinion.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the ricky williams things gets blown out of proportion alot...

there are FAR more players in the NFL worse off then him, or with worse addictions, thing that makes ricky so ignorant is he keeps failing drug test when its time to come back to the NFL...

if you know you would rather smoke weed then play in the NFL again so be it, but stop failing drug test, just stop taking them all together, and do what youve been doing...he never did enjoy all the limelight and was much happier by himself somewhere quiet...

could of been an all-time great in the NFL, but i wouldnt say it was because of pot, it was more so due to lack of passion and not wanting to commit fully to the NFL...

but there are far FAR worse things to be concerned with a player...most coaches and GMS accept that players did/do still smoke weed...they dont even test you for weed or any other street drug during the season, just once in training camp at the beginning of the season, and alot of players function during the season while still smoking weed...

i know this for a fact, great longhorns players of a few years ago, and players from the dallas/ft worth area who get drafted usually come home right before the draft and smoke, while others still smoke during the season...

so its not as bad as its made out to be, and i dont think ricky liked pot more then football, he just lost his passion for the sport and in making it his #1 priority...sad to see it happen, but i dont blame it on pot...

although i do feel like Miami lost an opportunity to trade him while they could and i felt they should of jumped, when he was playing well for them after coming back, showing more acceleration and burst, i felt they should of shopped him around and seen if they could land a 2nd/3rd rd pick at the least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm warning you right now..do not...and I mean do not give me any more reason to get involved in this conversation. You've already displayed your ignorance for everybody to see. So just stop.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote