Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
It could be the Saints now with Meachem (Holston and Henderson) or the Colts now with Anthoney Gonzales (Harrison and Wayne), also in the running Rams (Holt, Bruce, and Bennett), 49ers (Jackson, Lelie, and Hill), Patriots (Moss, Stallworth and Jackson/Caldwell), Lions (Williams, Johnson, and Furrey) or Broncos (Walker, Smith, Stokley)

Wow No Cardinals (Anquan Boldin , Larry Fitzgerald , Bryant Johnson)

Anquan Boldin - Rec : 90 / Yards : 1200 / Tds : 4
Larry Fitzgerald - Rec : 70 / Yards : 950 / Tds : 6
Bryant Johnson - Rec : 40 / Yards : 750 / Tds : 4
Total - Rec : 200 / Yards : 2900 / Tds : 14

Randy Moss - Rec : 40 / Yards : 550 / Tds : 3
Donte Stallworth - Rec : 40 / Yards : 725 / Tds : 5
Kelly Washingtion - Rec : 10 / Yards : 100 / Tds : 1
Troy Brown - Rec : 40 / Yards : 400 / Tds : 4
Chad Jackson - Rec : 10 / Yards : 100 / Tds : 3
Wes Welker - Rec : 70 / Yards : 700 / Tds : 1
Reche Caldwell - Rec : 60 / Yards : 750 / Tds : 4
Jabar Gaffney - Rec : 10 / Yards : 100 / Tds : 1
Total - Rec : 280 / Yards : 3400 / Tds : 23

80+ Rec / 500+ Yards / 9+ Tds = 6 More Player Then Them

Combined : Jackson , Moss , Stallworth = Bolin :)

just saying cardinals should be on there
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

IMO Patriots have the best depth and are in the top five for best Wr's.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Wow No Cardinals (Anquan Boldin , Larry Fitzgerald , Bryant Johnson)

Anquan Boldin - Rec : 90 / Yards : 1200 / Tds : 4
Larry Fitzgerald - Rec : 70 / Yards : 950 / Tds : 6
Bryant Johnson - Rec : 40 / Yards : 750 / Tds : 4
Total - Rec : 200 / Yards : 2900 / Tds : 14

Randy Moss - Rec : 40 / Yards : 550 / Tds : 3
Donte Stallworth - Rec : 40 / Yards : 725 / Tds : 5
Kelly Washingtion - Rec : 10 / Yards : 100 / Tds : 1
Troy Brown - Rec : 40 / Yards : 400 / Tds : 4
Chad Jackson - Rec : 10 / Yards : 100 / Tds : 3
Wes Welker - Rec : 70 / Yards : 700 / Tds : 1
Reche Caldwell - Rec : 60 / Yards : 750 / Tds : 4
Jabar Gaffney - Rec : 10 / Yards : 100 / Tds : 1
Total - Rec : 280 / Yards : 3400 / Tds : 23

80+ Rec / 500+ Yards / 9+ Tds = 6 More Player Then Them

Combined : Jackson , Moss , Stallworth = Bolin :)

just saying cardinals should be on there
it's not the patriots WR's fault that they use 5 wide sets...
as far as best group of WR's. the pats got them beat. if you go four-five wide sets.
now. who was throwing to moss?

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is one of my favorite topics and I'm bored...

1. Colts: Harrison / Wayne / Gonzalez
2. Cardinals: Fitz / Boldin / Bryant
3. Bengals: Johnson / Hous / Henry
4. Rams
5. Lions
6. Cowboys
7. Giants
8. Patriots
9. Ravens
10. Broncos
11. Steelers
12. Packers
13. Saints
14. San Fran

I never realized how many teams had absolute crap at WR past their #1 or just crap in general...that's what I'd say about the rest of the league.

Colts >= Cardinals >>> Bengals
But they are all pretty close

I don't know if I can even say the Cardinals or the Colts are better than each other because they are so different.

The Colts are set up with speedy receivers that are good route runners with very consistent hands. They fit great with Peyton because they are quick enough that one is gonna get open, their route running plays well with his consistency and accuracy, and of course they have to catch the ball. If you replaced Peyton with only a decent quarterback like McNair or Delhomme and they are gonna look pretty average.

On the other hand I have great respect for the Cardinals receivers putting up crazy numbers with inconsistent QB play and no running game or O line. They are playmakers, unlike the Colts who are more like really good system players.

I'm low on the Rams WRs - I think Holt is either the best WR in the league or top 3 at worst but Bruce is too old to scare anyone anymore and Bennett doesn't impress me either - that makes it a 1 man show.

With the Packers, our #3 is gonna be Koren Robinson and Ferguson is likely to get cut. Robinson is really underrated as a player - especially by Packer fans - but on the field he's easily top 5 as a #3 WR. I'd still only put the Packer WR set at 11-12 in the league though.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
49erFrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
Packers? Broncos? Jaguars?!?! Your list is PATHETIC. I'm usually not one for handing out neg rep just for something I disagree with, but this list is too much of a joke. Who is Patrick Clayton, by the way?

My list, the order is debatable but I don't think anyone can really argue against any group being on it:

1. Cardinals: Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Bryant Johnson
2. Colts: Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Anthony Gonzalez
3a. Lions: Calvin Johnson, Roy Williams, Mike Furrey
3b. Bengals: Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Chris Henry
5. Rams: Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Drew Bennett
6. Patriots: Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Caldwell/Jackson/Welker
7. Cowboys: Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn, Patrick Crayton
8. Saints: Marques Colston, Robert Meachem, Devery Henderson
9. Ravens: Mark Clayton, Derrick Mason, Demetrius Williams
10. Redskins: Santana Moss, Brandon Lloyd, Antwaan Randle El

Close, but no cigar: Seahawks, Panthers, Jets, Steelers
I honestly dont see how you can have the Lions up this high based on Hype. Until 1) Calvin Johnson Catches a pass and 2) detroit finds a QB who can throw to him. I dont see them being a top 5 Receiving Core. I honestly take the Bengals #1 overall. CJ is just beast-like, TJ is truely solid on 3rd down, and Henry or any other bengal is a good #3 for this crew. They are Truely 7-11 Always Open!!! WhoseyaMaMa

Last edited by 49erFrick : 05-16-2007 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:58 AM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erFrick View Post
I honestly dont see how you can have the Lions up this high based on Hype. Until 1) Calvin Johnson Catches a pass and 2) detroit finds a QB who can throw to him. I dont see them being a top 5 Receiving Core. I honestly take the Bengals #1 overall. CJ is just beast-like, TJ is truely solid on 3rd down, and Henry or any other bengal is a good #3 for this crew. They are Truely 7-11 Always Open!!! WhoseyaMaMa
actually, the lions should be up there, if you want to compare them to the bengals, well how can calvin johnson be any worse than chris henry when henry will miss half the season? furrey stacks up against TJ very well, Chad does have Roy williams beat but if we did have carson palmer throwing the ball around, he would be putting up marino numbers. my rankings

1.Cardinals
2.Colts
3.Bengals
4.Lions
5.Pats
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:08 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Actually, I bet whenevr they do comeout in 3WR, CJ would move to slot. I really dont see him as much of a deep threat, seeing as he had a 11.9 avg
are you joking saying Calvin is not a deep threat? He is one of the best jump ball receivers you'll find and he ran a 4.35. hes a much better deep threat than Furrey, who is mostly just a smart receiver with good toughness, hands and route running. Furrey is a great fit for the slot.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:56 AM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

Eagles. Reggie Brown
Kevin Kurtis
Hank Baskett (Deserving of 1 or 2 spot)

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:57 AM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

Without beign a homer
Lions- Roy Williams
Calvin Johnson
Mike Furrey

...That's scarey

Cardinals close second
Fitzjarled
Anquan Boldin
Bryant

maybe their number one..Yeah Cardinals number one Lions # 2
And Bengals somewhere in topo 5

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:27 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
It could be the Saints now with Meachem (Holston and Henderson)
Might as well through in Reggie Bush.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post

how could u even say that Henry wont be there for half the season i dont doubt that both Johsnon and Whos your mamma are great 1,2 recievers but Henry missing half of the season and maybe his postion as the slot reciever i say Tab Perry takes over for the rest of the year and Henry will be cu after this year

KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Actually, I bet whenevr they do comeout in 3WR, CJ would move to slot. I really dont see him as much of a deep threat, seeing as he had a 11.9 avg

His College Quarterback could only throw the ball 6 yards.. so a 12 yard average is pretty great.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
His College Quarterback could only throw the ball 6 yards.. so a 12 yard average is pretty great.
Well considering his measurables are extremely similar to Randy Moss's, there is a good chance that could change in a NFL system.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
This is true. Reggie Ball makes Kyle Wright look like Tom Brady
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

[quote=umphrey;398623]This is one of my favorite topics and I'm bored...

4. Rams
5. Lions
6. Cowboys
7. Giants
8. Patriots
9. Ravens
10. Broncos
11. Steelers
12. Packers
13. Saints
14. San Fran

The Patriots have way better Wr's then the Cowboys do. Patriots have Moss, Stallworth, Welker. IMo they are better than T.O. Terry Glenn and Crayton.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
This is true. Reggie Ball makes Kyle Wright look like Tom Brady
Let's not get carried away here.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post

4. Rams
5. Lions
6. Cowboys
7. Giants
8. Patriots
9. Ravens
10. Broncos
11. Steelers
12. Packers
13. Saints
14. San Fran
how are Giants there? Plaxico is 1...Toomer hasn been great last 3 years and coming off injury. Whos their #3? Smith? Proven nothing. Moss? Proven nothing

i dont like putting Lions up there either because (even though i think CJ will be great), hes done nothing to prove he cant be a bust or wont live up to expectations.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
reese

they did a top 5 on nfl live today that guy picked

5. cards
4. dont remember
3. cowboys
2. rams
1. colts