Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-18-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Beer Appreciation Thread

Talk about small independent brewers, imports, etc. Talk about major domestic breweries is unacceptable!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Scar
Rookie

Scar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Fat Tire. The only way to celebrate TGIF.
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://psychostick.com/beer_small.htm

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Talk about small independent brewers, imports, etc. Talk about major domestic breweries is unacceptable!
I've had it once but it's made my top 3 beer list.

My other two would be:

Sam summer isn't the best of beers but there is something about it that I like.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Brick Brewery is my home brewery.

For financial reasons, I have to Make 'Er A Laker.

Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pasted from the baseball thread
yeah, i like the leine's. not my favorite wisconsin micro (see Lakefront Brewery), but very good.
-Sunset Wheat is my favorite Leine's brew and my favorite Wheat beer of all time. they hit it right on the head for that one.
-But, they just put out a new summer beer called Summer Shandy. it is beer with a lot of lemon flavoring. it is waaaaaaaaay better than i thought it'd be when i heard about it. perfectly blended summer beer. tastes like the perfect combo of beer and lemonade.
-Leine's Honeyweiss is kinda their flagship. i think they kinda sold out on it recently and are using less honey. still decent though.
-Leine's Berryweiss is another fruity wheat beer. chicks love it.
-they are now marketing the idea of mixing leine's honey and leine's berry. calling it "Leinenkugel's Honeyberry" they don't sell it specifically. the drinker needs to buy 2 6-packs and mix it on their own. it is very good. i like the sum better than both of the parts.
-Leinies Creamy Dark is exactly what it sounds like. it's worth a try, but if you want a dark beer, you can do better.
-Leines Red-GREAT red beer. my second favorite in the Leine's line.
-then theirs original and light, which I'd never buy.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have something called the Adventure pack but we aren't totally sure whats in there. We think the Red Lager, Creamy Dark, Sunset Wheat, and Weisse.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite beer that I have when I can find it is Baltika:

There are 9 varieties. My favorite is the #5, which is a honey wheat, and #6, which is a Porter. #9 is a standard ale, and #4 is a dark ale. Those are the 4 that are generally available stateside.

Company website is here: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/worldgui.../BN6011_46.jpg

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Last edited by bsaza2358 : 05-18-2007 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Scar
Rookie

Scar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Don't forget Leinie's Apple Spice. I buy a couple cases of that stuff every fall when they release it. Perfect for sitting around the fire and sipping on a cold night.
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
They have something called the Adventure pack but we aren't totally sure whats in there. We think the Red Lager, Creamy Dark, Sunset Wheat, and Weisse.
I'd love to take an adventure with Leinenkugel's.
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
i'm pretty sure that's it. 3 bottles of each. i enjoy all 4.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is f***ing killing me right now. I'm stuck here at work for another 2 hours and I now have the f***ing shakes. I want a Sunset Wheat so damn bad right now.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Don't forget Leinie's Apple Spice. I buy a couple cases of that stuff every fall when they release it. Perfect for sitting around the fire and sipping on a cold night.
yeah, i forgot to include their seasonals.

Apple Spice for the fall
Summer Shandy for the summer
Oktoberfest for the fall
Big Butt Dopplebock for the winter...allthough i heard they are discontinuing this one...i'm very excited to see it's replacement.
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Go get a lunch beer!

Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Go get a lunch beer!
Already back from lunch.
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
This thread is f***ing killing me right now. I'm stuck here at work for another 2 hours and I now have the f***ing shakes. I want a Sunset Wheat so damn bad right now.
I work from 4 PM to 12 PM tonight. I also work tommorow morning from 7 AM to noon. So much for my friday night. ;)
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
SAME HERE. i could really go for a good IPA right now. any good ones from the east coast you can recommend?
Old 05-18-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Sam Adams is a domestic brewer, but they have an impressive array of beer. I think they are fantastic because all of their stuff is quality, and if you like beer, you can find a Sams for you. I love Sams Summer and Oktoberfest.

Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I hate beer, and don't plan to become even a casual drinker any time soon. Even though I am underage, it isn't that tough to get access to it.

Flame away...

bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Go get a lunch beer!
Quote:
Already back from lunch.
Second lunch! Get creative!

Old 05-18-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Personally, I hate beer, and don't plan to become even a casual drinker any time soon. Even though I am underage, it isn't that tough to get access to it.

Flame away...
It's an acquired taste. Most kids don't like it until they're about 17 or so.
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this beer is actually get its name out, produced here in cleveland, its so good.

and there most famous beer, and their best

DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post

Flame away...
If you don't drink, you don't drink. I didn't always love beer, but you develop a taste for it. As you get older and can actually go to bars, you'll find that there are plenty of excellent beers out there that you like. Not everything tastes like Old Milwalkee and Keystone.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
i actually got some of that in my fridge as we speak. im not as big on it as you, but i still like it
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
It's an acquired taste. Most kids don't like it until they're about 17 or so.
right here...