Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-15-2006, 01:05 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:
Hutchinson's loss won't be anywhere near the impact some of you are thinking. Alexander will still be a top back. The only reason he won't be a top back is because he got his contract. Before his 2 contract years Alexander was just a good back. Then there was money on the line and he was dominant.
you are seriously underrating how good Hutch is.
I know Hutch is a top 2 guard in the league, but to think one guard will have that much of an effect on a RB is crazy.

He is going to have a effect on the whole damn offense. Watch and see.
no not really.
It could have a big effect, we don't know yet. It could have no effect either, we don't know yet. I just think it will have some effect, though I don't know to what degree.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Immaculate Tackle
Veteran

Immaculate Tackle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

no not really.
Then why was your team prepared to pay him $49 million dollars?
Immaculate Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:05 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immaculate Tackle
Quote:

no not really.
Then why was your team prepared to pay him $49 million dollars?
cuz we want him back? Gee i don't know, i mean, i think you would want to at least try and sign the BEST GUARD in football. You're not to bright are you.

However he will have an effect, but it won't be of a significant magnitude
Old 07-15-2006, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Immaculate Tackle
Veteran

Quote:
cuz we want him back? Gee i don't know, i mean, i think you would want to at least try and sign the BEST GUARD in football. You're not to bright are you.

However he will have an effect, but it won't be of a significant magnitude
If his loss isn't that significant, your team was very stupid to try to re-sign him for 7 million per year. 7 million is far too much for someone who doesn't impact the team much.

Either the Seahawks are stupid, or you are wrong and it will have a very negative effect.

"You're not to [sic] bright" how ironic.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:48 PM    (permalink

Unless your RB is Jesus then losing the best Guard in Football is going to hurt. The question is how much. Around -200 yards or such I woud say, because of Hutch.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:54 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Unless your RB is Jesus then losing the best Guard in Football is going to hurt. The question is how much. Around -200 yards or such I woud say, because of Hutch.
Even Jesus can't sustain the loss of Hutch. I think they overpaid Alexander, but you can't let the NFL's best RB in 2005 off of your team. It was either give him the big contract or let him walk. They could have had this as an option if they had a stud in the waiting, sort of like the Cheifs did with Larry Johnson or if something happened to Rudi, the Bengals have Chris Perry. Not saying they should have drafted a RB in round 1, but it doesn't hurt to have a backup with a lot of potential.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Immaculate Tackle
Veteran

Quote:
Loss of Hutchinson: -200 yards
Madden Curse: +1 torn ACL
Old 07-16-2006, 01:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there's going to be some dropoff in his production this year. Any time you lose an offensive lineman with the talent of Hutchinson, if always affects the running backs game.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:24 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms2Clayton
Quote:
Even Jesus can't sustain the loss of Hutch. I think they overpaid Alexander, but you can't let the NFL's best RB in 2005 off of your team. It was either give him the big contract or let him walk. They could have had this as an option if they had a stud in the waiting, sort of like the Cheifs did with Larry Johnson or if something happened to Rudi, the Bengals have Chris Perry. Not saying they should have drafted a RB in round 1, but it doesn't hurt to have a backup with a lot of potential.
I think you're right on with that. There were plenty of talented RB's in the draft and even available in UDFA.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Maurice Morris is highly underrated, they resigned him and rightfully so.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:13 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's definitely going to be some dropoff. Of course, when most people cite examples of times where players lost production after losing a Guard, those teams didn't necessarily have a LT in Walter Jones, or the sort of passing attack that the Seahawks have. And despite what some people think, the passing attack for Seattle always sets up the run. So, we'll see what happens.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
I think it's only natural to expect a dropoff after losing his probowl G.

Not just "all-pro," Hutchinson was the best interior lineman in the NFL hands down.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Immaculate Tackle
Veteran

Don't go disrespecting Alan Faneca, now. Hutchinson is a better pass blocker, but that's pretty much irrelevant for a discussion about Alexander. Faneca is an absolute monster. Largely responsible for the Super Bowl's longest run ever, too.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:21 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Don't go disrespecting Alan Faneca, now. Hutchinson is a better pass blocker, but that's pretty much irrelevant for a discussion about Alexander. Faneca is an absolute monster. Largely responsible for the Super Bowl's longest run ever, too.
how much has ever been offered?
Old 07-17-2006, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Immaculate Tackle
Veteran

:?:

Huh?
Old 07-17-2006, 06:53 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
:?:

Huh?
you're proclaiming him to be the best in football, so has he ever been offered anywhere near as much as Hutch was?
Old 07-17-2006, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Immaculate Tackle
Veteran

He signed a $26 million/6 year contract extension in 2002.
1) Faneca wasn't as proven then as hutchinson is at this point
2) the 2002 salary cap was far smaller than it is now
3) the vikings overpaid a guard; we all know that
4) hutchinson might be better than faneca because he is a more complete guard, but he isn't "far and away" the best.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Faneca isn't as good as Hutch. I'd have Faneca as my #2 ranked guard though. Probably my number 1 in run blocking.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Immaculate Tackle
Veteran

That's pretty much what I said. I object to the "Hutchinson is the best guard hands down" because it implies a huge gap.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:27 PM    (permalink
effthiskid11
Rookie

effthiskid11 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brian Waters, he's just as complete as Hutchinson , tell me why hes not if u dont think so

sig by rainbeaukid
effthiskid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:28 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is gonna get hurt.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
He is gonna get hurt.
Exactly. And yodachu is on the ball. I'm saying Week 4, Lance Briggs knocks him out of it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:01 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as best guard goes, it is close between Hutchinson and Waters. Both are excellent pass blockers, but I'd say Hutchinson is a better run blocker and is better at pulling on sweeps. Waters lets in almost no sacks though, he is pretty ridiculous.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:17 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
As far as best guard goes, it is close between Hutchinson and Waters. Both are excellent pass blockers, but I'd say Hutchinson is a better run blocker and is better at pulling on sweeps. Waters lets in almost no sacks though, he is pretty ridiculous.
Shields>Waters.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:58 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Shields>Waters.

Not at the moment