Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 03-11-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
rumfinator
Rookie

rumfinator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Chargers Inside Linebackers

Sorry if this has be discussed, but what will the chargers do with their inside linebackers. Edwards is gone, Godfrey is out. I assume Cooper will start, but who will be next to him? thoughts?
rumfinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Matt Wilhelm, he was going to start this year if Donnie had contract issues.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Don't forget Dobbins!

Dobbins will backup Cooper, Wilhelm needs a backup, and my guess is they take one at the end of the 3rd, maybe a guy with good speed who can cover, they will not find a guy with Edwards' pass D ability........Dobbins could even find his way into being a starter, I know AJ loves him!
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Are you sure Godfrey is out? I though there was still a posibility he could be back

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
BoltHype
Rookie

BoltHype hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wilhelm is the front runner, but he will have to earn the job. If we draft a Paul Posluszny, for example, it could be a tight race.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:14 AM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default DeOssie

I am hoping for DeOssie with one of our 3rd round picks......he looks like a player, and has good size for an ILB with decent speed for the position. I really think Dobbins might play his way into PT, maybe over Wilhelm...cuz I think Cooper is the next star in waiting, ala "the other guy" Shaun Phillips.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
BoltHype
Rookie

BoltHype hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergo23 View Post
I am hoping for DeOssie with one of our 3rd round picks......he looks like a player, and has good size for an ILB with decent speed for the position. I really think Dobbins might play his way into PT, maybe over Wilhelm...cuz I think Cooper is the next star in waiting, ala "the other guy" Shaun Phillips.
his size suggests he would play outside. I think he would be a great pickup for the team, especially considering our need for depth at OLB and his long-snapping skills.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:42 AM    (permalink
reese

i played in hs with dobbins...u think he will ever start for yall?
Old 05-17-2007, 05:44 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
i played in hs with dobbins...u think he will ever start for yall?
Apparently he is doing pretty well, and progressing nicely. I don't know if he'll ever start, Wilhelm and Cooper are pretty solid players, and Siler and Waters we just brought in, but he's a great special teams guy and backup/situational player.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Apparently he is doing pretty well, and progressing nicely. I don't know if he'll ever start, Wilhelm and Cooper are pretty solid players, and Siler and Waters we just brought in, but he's a great special teams guy and backup/situational player.
He's easily the best athlete of our ILB's. I hope he gets a chance.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:09 AM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
He's easily the best athlete of our ILB's. I hope he gets a chance.
yea he was crazy good is hs...same exact size he is now is what he was when i was a freshman and he was a junior and i was a db on scout team as a freshman and sophmore..had to go against his big ass everyday...he was a fullback back then too