Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 04-05-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
that's even worse defense than we have now. and i doubt there are enough balls to go around.

this wouldn't be great defensively either. charlie v cannot play sf consistently because he doesn't have the quickness to guard 3s every game. bogut has trouble with the quicker 4s but i like this better than the first.

my depth chart if i get a top pick:
mo/bell
redd/mo
patterson/simmons
bogut/charlie
oden/bogut

i think that this lineup, if coach k uses it correctly through bogut, would be great. and if he sticks to his "if you don't play defense, you'll be benched" policy, we could be a contender.
i just hate how stotts has misused bogut. i think he's gonna be great.

however, if we don't get a top 2 or so pick, i wouldn't be opposed to grabbing conley if he declares and just let mo walk or S&T him.
Simmons would start over Patterson

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
beef
Veteran

beef hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if he's completely rehabbed, sure.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if he's completely rehabbed, sure.
I would assume so considering it would be a total year

Old 04-09-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well another loss tonight, and now Redd is shut down for the last 6 games. Looks like losing out is very likely now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2831245

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, with ATL's win tonight we've got 3rd place locked up regardless if we win or lose against CLE tomorrow. Now all we need is the lottery to go our way!

Quote:
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
beef
Veteran

hopefully this is the last time we're in this "great" of a draft position for a while. buuuut i'll still be praying for a top 2 pick :D
Old 04-17-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
hopefully this is the last time we're in this "great" of a draft position for a while. buuuut i'll still be praying for a top 2 pick :D
I'll pray with you

Old 04-17-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
Well, with ATL's win tonight we've got 3rd place locked up regardless if we win or lose against CLE tomorrow. Now all we need is the lottery to go our way!
When is the lottery?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
When is the lottery?
not sure, but the draft is June 28

Quote:
Old 04-18-2007, 12:39 AM    (permalink
beef
Veteran

i'm not 100% but i'm pretty sure i heard it was this sunday.

EDIT: scratch that, May 22nd.

Last edited by beef : 04-19-2007 at 07:38 PM. Reason: wrong date
beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

May 22 NBA Draft Lottery
May 29 NBA Pre-Draft Camp begins
June 18 Deadline for early entrants to withdraw

NBA Draft - Vital Information

What: 2007 NBA Draft
When:
June 28, 2007
Where:
Madison Square Garden, NY
Rounds:
Two rounds

Quote:
Old 04-20-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
May 22 NBA Draft Lottery
May 29 NBA Pre-Draft Camp begins
June 18 Deadline for early entrants to withdraw

NBA Draft - Vital Information

What: 2007 NBA Draft
When:
June 28, 2007
Where:
Madison Square Garden, NY
Rounds:
Two rounds
Thanks Vince!

Old 04-24-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Big_Brother

Who would you guys want to get if we (heaven forbid) don't get a top 2 pick?

Obviously it will all depend on our position, but who wouldn't you mind getting as a consolation prize assuming Durant and Oden are both gone?

Someone I wouldn't mind at all seeing the Bucks grab is Corey Brewer. I think he could fill out our roster perfectly. He really showed me a lot in this most recent championship run.

So who would you guys want?
Old 04-24-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Brother View Post

Obviously it will all depend on our position, but who wouldn't you mind getting as a consolation prize assuming Durant and Oden are both gone?

Someone I wouldn't mind at all seeing the Bucks grab is Corey Brewer. I think he could fill out our roster perfectly. He really showed me a lot in this most recent championship run.

1.Oden
2.Durant
3.Horford
4.Wright
Old 04-24-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Brother View Post

Al Horford, Julian Wright, Brandon Wright

Quote:
Old 04-24-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

Mwkick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They would all be project players. The talent drops off so much after those 2. It would be interesting. I say trade the pick. You have the youth and the cap space to sign someone big.
I don't like any of the Florida guys other than Horford. Jimmy Kimmel said it all about Noah, "Joakim Noah has done a lot for women's basketball." And I just don't know where Brewer would play. He's not that big.
Enough rambling, if they keep the pick, draft Horford or bring in some athleticism with Brandon Wright...
Mwkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwkick View Post
They would all be project players. The talent drops off so much after those 2. It would be interesting. I say trade the pick. You have the youth and the cap space to sign someone big.
I don't like any of the Florida guys other than Horford. Jimmy Kimmel said it all about Noah, "Joakim Noah has done a lot for women's basketball." And I just don't know where Brewer would play. He's not that big.
Enough rambling, if they keep the pick, draft Horford or bring in some athleticism with Brandon Wright...
Brewer can be a solid NBA player at 6'8" with long arms and a good defender, but wouldn't be a good choice at 3 or so. I like Wright after the Big 2

Old 04-24-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

Mwkick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brewer is the second coming of Tayshaun Prince. He'll have to fit in the right system...

Last edited by Mwkick : 04-24-2007 at 11:35 PM.
Mwkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

The draft lottery is tomorrow, everybody get their good luck charms ready!

Quote:
Old 05-21-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The draft lottery is tomorrow, everybody get their good luck charms ready!
What time? Harris should/will bring the ones from 2 years ago.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
What time? Harris should/will bring the ones from 2 years ago.
8:30 on ESPN

Quote:
Old 05-21-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
8:30 on ESPN
I'm seriously going to ruin a pair of shorts if we get a top 2 pick. Durant... oh how I love you Durant...

Why would we take Oden unless we got the #2 and the #1 took Durant? Bogut might never be a superstar but he's solid at center and still improving. Durant would fill our biggest need and just..be..awesome.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I'm seriously going to ruin a pair of shorts if we get a top 2 pick. Durant... oh how I love you Durant...

Why would we take Oden unless we got the #2 and the #1 took Durant? Bogut might never be a superstar but he's solid at center and still improving. Durant would fill our biggest need and just..be..awesome.
Either one would be amazing! I think if we got Oden, Bogut could probably make the transition to PF. I know he played there as a rookie, and even though he struggled some, I think he has the skill set to play there. And Charlie V. may be better suited at SF than PF. This would give us a very large lineup and significantly upgrade our defense.

On the flip side, Durant would be a huge scoring threat to partner up with Redd and would give us an extremely potent offense. Durant is also a pretty decent defender and would help us out somewhat with our biggest weakness, though not nearly as significantly as Oden.

Either way I'd be extremely happy.

Quote:
Old 05-21-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Either one would be amazing! I think if we got Oden, Bogut could probably make the transition to PF. I know he played there as a rookie, and even though he struggled some, I think he has the skill set to play there. And Charlie V. may be better suited at SF than PF. This would give us a very large lineup and significantly upgrade our defense.

On the flip side, Durant would be a huge scoring threat to partner up with Redd and would give us an extremely potent offense. Durant is also a pretty decent defender and would help us out somewhat with our biggest weakness, though not nearly as significantly as Oden.

Either way I'd be extremely happy.
Yeah I'd rather have oden and shift Bogut and Charlie down a spot.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yeah I'd rather have oden and shift Bogut and Charlie down a spot.
Bogut plays better at his natural position of a 5 but it would be beneficial for Charlie V to play 3 b/c, like Bogut, I think thats his more natural position