Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms2Clayton
Was I mistaken or didn't Aaron Rodgers back up Favre last year? :?
You don't consider third-string backup?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:15 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think Brett Favre coming back is good for the present and future. if you look back at QB's that sat for more than one year (Steve McNair, Chad Pennington come to mind) the results are generally positive. And, I do think Aaron Rodgers is a 2 year project.

And to prove I'm not being a homer, if you ask me about 2007, I'd give the opposite answer. having a 1st round pick sit for 3 years just ain't cool. but 2 years has been done.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:23 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi
Brett isn't setting back Aaron at all, if anything he could stand to have another year to learn from one of the greats. Alot of great QB's have spent their 1st couple of years on the bench learning the game, one more year isn't gonna hurt Aaron.
Bingo! Carson Palmer anybody? He sat for 2 or 3 years i think? call me homer, but i truly believe it is better for rookie qb's to sit then be thrown to nfl defenses, no matter the team or players involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:29 PM    (permalink
raiderfan_89
Pro Bowler

raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.

I think Favre still has it in him,but for his sake they should have traded for or drafted a target,VD or Lelie,its gonna be sad to see if Favre has a repeat season,although I'am pulling for him,I hope he gets 35 TDs and 5 ints with 3,500 yrds.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:40 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also favre would be a pretty expensive person to have ride the pine.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:47 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi
Brett isn't setting back Aaron at all, if anything he could stand to have another year to learn from one of the greats. Alot of great QB's have spent their 1st couple of years on the bench learning the game, one more year isn't gonna hurt Aaron.
Bingo! Carson Palmer anybody? He sat for 2 or 3 years i think? call me homer, but i truly believe it is better for rookie qb's to sit then be thrown to nfl defenses, no matter the team or players involved
One year, then he got a lot of experience as a soph...which I would like to see happen w/ Rogers.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:08 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Favre was a gunslinger when he was great and is still a gunslinger. He got by by talent. How much of that can be taught?
Great point. I don't know what all this "mentor" stuff is about. Do you think Favre is going to "teach all of the ins and outs"? No, only Rodgers can learn for himself. That is something only experience can teach.

The only thing I think a QB can help with is set an example through leadership and work ethic. Teach them to be a leader. Rodgers should have learned that by now.
From all that I've heard, Rodgers has been a leader in all of the offseason workouts. I've heard a lot of praise from players saying that he is really taking control, especially when Favre is excused from the workout.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
The chance of Rodgers playing better than Favre is training camp is less than 1%. Rodgers is not close to starting material at this point in his career. Also, Favre will never be benched for Rodgers.

Give Rodgers one more season on the bench (he needs it). Why rush him in when you have the luxury of having a hall of famer ahead of him holding down the fort?
I never said Rodgers would be better than Favre preseason. I just thought if he proved he is good enough to start, then Favre coming back could end up hurting them.

We don't see eye-to-eye on "rushing him in." I don't think playing a 2nd year QB is rushing it at all. I think starting a rookie is. Whether we think he is or isn't ready doesn't matter, because we aren't the QBs coach of the Packers. Only he really knows since he practices with him the most (off coordinator and HC know too, but the QBs coach is around him more).

Moses, how do you think him sitting another year will help him? I think one year is enough, I just want to totally understand your POV. Thanks
Rodgers is still young and is not ready to play in the NFL yet. It doesn't matter if he's a rookie or a 5th year player, he's not ready. He needs to get a better grasp of the playbook and how to play the quarterback position in the NFL.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:37 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Favre coming back for one more year. That way Rodgers gets more instruction and is not rushed onto the field.

It's been proven that in most cases, rookie QB's that are given the time to develop really show the patientce and maturity it takes to lead a team on the field.

I think Favre will have a good year this year. After this, though, he should call it quits.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:26 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre coming back was best for the organization and Rodgers. they will be learning a new offence this year and giving Rodgers another year to learn will help him. the packers will do better with Favre than Rodgers this year. after the season Favre will retire and Rodgers will be ready to take over.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:08 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its time to move on without Brett

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've alwas been an avocate of sitting a QB for a year, but after that, I feel there isn't much more he can learn, he has to get out there. Favre could set this team back by coming back. They have a younger offense. Gado may start, Jennings may start, and a new young O-line. They should have a young leader to grow with them. Teams that have done this (Cinci as a prime example,) have gotten places. I think Favre may just be setting the team back a year or more by coming back, unless he CAN do the unthinkable and win this division. If he can, it was well worth it, even for a playoff run.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:53 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan
its time to move on without Brett
says the niner fan who just wants to get over favre knocking them outta the playoffs

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:05 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do Packer's fans feel about the hiring of Mike McCarthy, because I was under the impression that many other, more qualified candidates were passed up just so Brett wouldn't have to deal with learning a completely different offense.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:20 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
How do Packer's fans feel about the hiring of Mike McCarthy, because I was under the impression that many other, more qualified candidates were passed up just so Brett wouldn't have to deal with learning a completely different offense.
if brett was the concern when they hired a coach they probably woulda hired marriochi IMO.

they get smoked.

Old 07-18-2006, 05:26 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan_89
I think Favre still has it in him,but for his sake they should have traded for or drafted a target,VD or Lelie,its gonna be sad to see if Favre has a repeat season,although I'am pulling for him,I hope he gets 35 TDs and 5 ints with 3,500 yrds.
Raider fans are the best! They always be smoking the best stuff, and willing to share it to! Favre with 35 TDs and 5 INTs = Super Bowl. Actually, just about any QB with those numbers = SB.

I have much love for the Raiders right now, as I always follow former Packers, and I'm interested on if Aaron Brooks can get his stuff together throwing to Moss.

Packers and Raiders in the Title Match!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 06:09 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

brett favre stops the developing for the future , so iam looking forward to see what rodgers can do
Old 07-18-2006, 08:28 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers should start. MM (our new head coach) has to get this team winning and he knows it, if he doesnt he is gone so If Favre doesnt produce and still throws those INT dont be surpirsed if you see Rodgers starting in that game and maybe the next week.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:33 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you watch the interviews MM words that he uses are different then from what they are normaly called. Favre said that if Sherman was fired he would retire but I guess that wasnt the case now was it. The only reason I think that TT would have brought in MM is to teach Rodgers and then when Rodgers does well I dont see Mike in GB anymore.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:37 AM    (permalink

I think they should sit Rodgers again exactly how we are doing jason campbell.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:15 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How do Packer's fans feel about the hiring of Mike McCarthy
eh, he looks like a porn star, so he can't be too bad.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Favre coming back was not great for the team, but it was good for the team. All Rodgers can do is learn from one of the best QB's of all-time, who wouldn't want to do that? I mean sure he wants to play, but I don't think its a bad experience for him to sit and learn from Favre.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:55 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan54
I voted for him to retire, but now I think staying a year is better. Looking at Matt Hassleback and Aaron Brooks (I think AB was a back-up). Craig Nall will be an example to if given the shot.

But as Vince said, it wont hurt Aaron to sit behind Farve for one more year, that way he learns the system, and gets to learn from Farve as Hassleback, Brooks (maybe) and Nall did.

*as you can tell, I am high on Nall
And Kurt Warner and Mark Brunell
Old 07-18-2006, 05:58 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
Favre coming back was best for the organization and Rodgers. they will be learning a new offence this year and giving Rodgers another year to learn will help him. the packers will do better with Favre than Rodgers this year. after the season Favre will retire and Rodgers will be ready to take over.
Good point that no one has mentoined so far
Old 07-18-2006, 06:00 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
if brett was the concern when they hired a coach they probably woulda hired marriochi IMO.
he didn't want the job