Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 05-16-2007, 09:09 AM    (permalink
VYTitans

What do you guys think of signing Keyshawn for a year or two so that we have a nice big, consistent target for Vince to throw to and a good mentor for our young draft picks. And I don't care if he is MEShawn cause if he can catch the ball and help us win games than do we really care if hes getting the most catches?
Old 05-16-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wouldnt mind him at all
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure I would want him on our team. I say lets give our WR prospects a chance to show what they have this season, instead of having a Keyshawn with declining skills, and who is prone to throw tantrums. Lets just have Young mature with the rest of his WR corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I am sure. We need another starter opposite Brandon Jones for a year or two. I don't see any way Givens makes an impact this year, and we don't even know if he'll ever be the same after he recovers. I hope we can land Key so that we won't have to start a rookie or Roby or Roydell. I'd be very uncomfortable with that.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:29 AM    (permalink
reese

well in recent history wrs 3rd year is when they break out and yall got 3 that r goin into there 3rd year..that could be promising...i mean i like jones and i think i remember roby being like a 4.3 speed guy so hopefully for yall some of that speed will translate to the field this year
Old 05-17-2007, 04:39 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

true but i doubt all 3 will break out...only jones
Old 05-17-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah i think we really need to pick up keyshawn for a year or 2, we need a reciever who is proven and not a bunch of recievers that could be good in the next few years

I dont think we will get him though due to the fact we already have a million recievers on roster...but if we did we would really have a battlle at training camp which would really push all of the recievers

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fisher: Titans, Johnson have 'mutual interest'

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TEN/10186172

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd like to see it happen, that is something to help out Vince in the off-season.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Forzy

I'd like Keyshawn! We can cut Roydell or Roby we have plenty of youth at WR so that's no problem.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

all people we know are going to start (givens not inc) have 2 years experience or less excluding gage who isnt all that great
Old 05-20-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would be a good possession receiver, and is an obvious upgrade over the talent we have now. I hope we pick him up. He'd make me feel a lot more comfortable about our offense for next season.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
He would be a good possession receiver, and is an obvious upgrade over the talent we have now. I hope we pick him up. He'd make me feel a lot more comfortable about our offense for next season.
definately alot more comfortable
Old 05-23-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well...according to ESPN, it looks like Keyshawn turned down the Titans offer and is going to retire from football (so that he can be a commentator/analyst)...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2879994

From what I read, he was looking for at least $3 million/year (which is way too much, if you ask me, for a possession WR his age). I think he would've been a good addition to the Titans' WR-core; but it wasn't worth breaking the bank for him...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They offered in the $7 million-$8 million range over two (years) with a substantial portion of it guaranteed. It was tempting. But at the end of the day ESPN deal was so strong,’’ (Johnson's agent) Stanley said. “The numbers (from ESPN) were unbelievable, and it just made the most sense after all he has done in his 11-year NFL career.’’
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../70523037/1027
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sucks for us, i was really hoping we could sign Johnson for a year or two...

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
I still would'nt have liked it that much that we got Keyshawn, especially at that cost. I still think one of our recievers is bound to have a break out season. Keyshawn would have helped us out a bit, but not as much as other $4 million recievers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

its a shame
Old 05-23-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

oh well. more money to spend on paul oliver.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He passed up a 2 year/7-8 million dollar contract? I think Key wants to play, but it seems like he just didn't want to play here. Reinfeldt isn't exactly making the Titans that attractive to free agents, and its showing. This is a bummer, since I wanted the experience at WR. But hopefully, another good WR or two will be released or put on the trading block before the start of the season.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote