Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:29 AM    (permalink
EHobbs27
Veteran

EHobbs27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am going to say Ellis Hobbs and Asante Samuel.

jk....I think that it is easily Gamble and Lucas. Both guys are extremely underrated.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:14 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Buc
wow.....
:?
he's just mad because his homer ass thinks Barber and Kelly is the best duo just like he thinks Chris Simms will be a 4400 yard passer.
Ronde Barber is a product of that system, same as Vasher is now. The guy has never been good in man coverage. He's strictly a zone defender.
Hey take it easy on my man Ronde, he's not so bad in man coverage. He is fantastic in zone coverage, and that's all he needs to be good at in a Tampa 2. Why is he inferior just because he isn't as good at man coverage? As for what kind of coverage he plays in thats the defenses call, not his. He wouldn't be as good if he went to some other team, but you can bet he would've been pretty darn good. Ronde is better than just a cover corner, Ronde is the total package. He's great in run support, and is a very effective blitzer. Show some respect for Ronde, he is the man, and as of right now is the only cornerback with 20+ picks and 20+ sacks. It is the club that Ronde built. He is excellent, and there is no denying that YA HEARD.

Also Brian Kelly is getting pretty old, even though Ronde is pretty timeless, which is why I don't consider them the best duo.
I'm not bashing on Ronde, and I'm very aware of his run stopping and blitzing skills. The point I was trying to make is that everybody seems so quick to jump on Vasher for being overrated, and for being a strictly zone defender, and for being a product of the system, but Ronde doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma
not sure y people bring up the they only play zone arguement......what does that have to do with anything. u play a system, u play it well, who cares about something that u aren't asked to do?? its an irrelevant point to a weak arguement. Ronde is a very solid corner and does a great job for Tampa.
Olandis Gary played in Denver's system and played it well. Does that make him a good running back? No. Same goes with Barber. He plays well in the system he's in because it masks his weaknesses. And he has too many weaknesses to be considered a top corner.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of now I would say Ken Lucas and Chris Gamble, but in 2 years I can pretty much guarantee it's DeAngelo Hall and Jimmy Williams.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:46 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King
As of now I would say Ken Lucas and Chris Gamble, but in 2 years I can pretty much guarantee it's DeAngelo Hall and Jimmy Williams.
i completely agree
Old 07-25-2006, 07:28 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harris and Woodson :D for only one reason if Woodson becomes heathly again they could be.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jimmy Williams has proven absolutely nothing so far.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:36 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
nothing but a great work ethic and that he may unseat Webster as early as camp. oh did I mention that he has promised to be at camp on time?

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
nothing but a great work ethic and that he may unseat Webster as early as camp. oh did I mention that he has promised to be at camp on time?
And every player that shows up to camp on time turns out to be a player great enough to say that they'll be the best corner tandem in the NFL. I'm not even going to argue this with you, it's beyond stupid.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:49 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And every player that shows up to camp on time turns out to be a player great enough to say that they'll be the best corner tandem in the NFL. I'm not even going to argue this with you, it's beyond stupid.
His point is that he has at least proved something.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:51 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
compared to the last 2 players we had hold out and they got injured and missed the first few games of the season...

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 07-25-2006, 07:56 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
His point is that he has at least proved something.
the point is he will be here and will actually be in the games and making an impact his rookie year... which means he will get expireince and in turn will become better, quicker than the players who held out.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 07-25-2006, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
D-Hall and Jimmy will be beastly in a few years.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:54 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Surtain and Law. They both are great corners.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:15 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What else is he going to say? "I hope I miss part of training camp in a holdout"? Sorry, but almost all rookies say they're going to make it into camp on time.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:10 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
D-Hall and Jimmy will be beastly in a few years.
I wanted Jimmy. Jason Allen is bad.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:18 PM    (permalink
turninandburnin1
Rookie

turninandburnin1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im glad to see my Chiefs finally Nabbed Ty Law but at the same time im hesitant to say that Surtain and Law are both overrated. with the new NFL ruling Ty Law is not as good as a corner and with a great 8 picks last year he also brought in 11 penalties. And to compare that the whole Seahawks secondary only got 17.

Also Lucas and Gamble are 2 great corners for the Panthers and Id have to hand the sleeper to the Bengas corners.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:27 PM    (permalink

i just dont see how you guys dont think Barber and Kelly are the best duo.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:27 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
wow.....
:?
he's just mad because his homer ass thinks Barber and Kelly is the best duo just like he thinks Chris Simms will be a 4400 yard passer.
how am i a homer? I just think barber and kelly are the best duo in the league.

and do you know who this is?
Old 07-25-2006, 10:28 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
:? Maybe because they aren't.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:31 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
:? Maybe because they aren't.
where would you put them then.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

I think they are in the Eagles-Vikings range.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:33 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em'
I think they are in the Eagles-Vikings range.
what?
Old 07-25-2006, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

For me there is the elite level

Panthers
Ravens
Chiefs

Then the second level

Vikings
Eagles
Bucs
Old 07-25-2006, 10:38 PM    (permalink

Quote:

Panthers
Ravens
Chiefs

Then the second level

Vikings
Eagles
Bucs
:roll:
Old 07-25-2006, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:

Panthers
Ravens
Chiefs

Then the second level

Vikings
Eagles
Bucs
:roll:
I'll say that Ronde and Kelly are better Cover 2 corners, but in terms of talent the Chiefs have better CB's than the Bucs.