Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney View Post
if portland pulls this trade off, this is one of the most dominant teams in 4 years. conley is very, very good; oden...who can guard him in the west outside of duncan; randolph will continue to be a 20-8; josh smith WOW; Broy. That's pure.

I can't see this trade happening. Someone in ATL will kill Billy before this happens. I know am beginning to believe that maybe Bill Simmons would be a better GM than half the GM's in the league right now.
What do you mean someone in ATL will kill Billy Knight, I live in VA.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
What do you mean someone in ATL will kill Billy Knight, I live in VA.
i'm not saying that you would kill him. i'm saying "someone" would. not implying you.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I check DraftExpress.com nearly everyday now. Their coverage from pre-draft camps, to private workouts, to exclusive interviews is amazing.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I check DraftExpress.com nearly everyday now. Their coverage from pre-draft camps, to private workouts, to exclusive interviews is amazing.
how can you take that website seriously? they have durrant #1.

Last edited by NYmoney : 05-30-2007 at 03:21 PM.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Sonics most likely to move to Oklahoma City.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And your point? On a lot of GM's boards, Kevin is the #1 player. It would not shock me at all to see them take Durant, although it'll never happen.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To be perfectly honest if they have Durant as BPA then they have Durant as BPA and having him at #1 makes sense. If he outplays Oden in workouts I wouldn't be shocked at all if it happened. Plus he's not a bad fit for them right now.

Aldridge
Randolph
Durant
Roy
Jack

And they wouldn't have the pressure of trying to add Conley. I think it completely depends on what happens in workouts, and if Durant outplays Oden they go Durant. Not like Portland is afraid of going against what the media wants, last year they could have gone after Morrison which was a popular desire at the time and didn't, look how that played out for them...
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Here is my question. Where did all of the Cavaliers' draft picks go?
Old 05-30-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'm not saying that you would kill him. i'm saying "someone" would. not implying you.
I think HE was implying himself...
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Here is my question. Where did all of the Cavaliers' draft picks go?
Round 1 - Jiri Welsch trade (almost as bad as a move as Larry Hughes signing...)

Round 2 - Drew Gooden deal
Old 05-30-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just like the Houston Texans were a lock to select Reggie Bush...

Oh, wait.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 05-30-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Round 1 - Jiri Welsch trade (almost as bad as a move as Larry Hughes signing...)

Round 2 - Drew Gooden deal
Gooden deal is good by me but Who da **** is Welsch?
Old 05-30-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Was a decent shooter but i dont think he is in the league anymore.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Was a decent shooter but i dont think he is in the league anymore.
LOL, classic Cleveland sports management.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welsch blows in Euroleague a 7th-8th man in the rotation at best the trade was awful back then, he was averaging 7 ppg, and somehow the Cavs thought he was worth a first rounder, right.....

Old 05-30-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

The Cavs also thought Luke Jackson was worth a first rounder as well.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
The Cavs also thought Luke Jackson was worth a first rounder as well.
That went well....
Old 05-30-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Dajuan Wagner was one an awful pick at #5, granted bad luck and I feel sorry for his health but prior to health issues he was not good at all. Or how about trading Boozer. They had him right now they would be champs. Or how bout letting go of Kapono, or drafting alltime bust Diop with the 8th pick, or Chris Mihm with the 7th pick, or Trajan Langdon with the 11th pick, they really are the worst drafting team in league history.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Urm... the Cavs didn't trade Boozer.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Urm... the Cavs didn't trade Boozer.
Might as well had.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

DorianSmith needs more cowbell.

The Blazers better Take Oden
DorianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Might as well had.
Whatever I meant they let him go, something is wrong if he doesn't want to stay.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dajuan Wagner was one an awful pick at #5, granted bad luck and I feel sorry for his health but prior to health issues he was not good at all. Or how about trading Boozer. They had him right now they would be champs. Or how bout letting go of Kapono, or drafting alltime bust Diop with the 8th pick, or Chris Mihm with the 7th pick, or Trajan Langdon with the 11th pick, they really are the worst drafting team in league history.
And Jackson at #10.

How are we on the verge of the NBA Finals?
Old 05-30-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you kidding me, they did not want to trade Boozer. He was the one who actually screwed the Cavs big time. Heres the article

Quote:
Reported deal with Cleveland

After the 2003-04 NBA season, in which Boozer averaged 15.5 points and 11.4 rebounds per game, the Cavaliers had the option of allowing him to become a restricted free agent, or keeping him under contract for one more year at a $695,000 salary, which was clearly much lower than he would earn on the free agent market. If the Cavaliers chose that latter option, Boozer would have been able to enter the free agent market unrestricted after that one year expired. Boozer's high level of play meant that he very likely had in his future a substantial pay raise and the security of a long-term contract; the question, depending on what the Cavaliers chose to do, was just whether those benefits would come immediately, or after one more year.

Reportedly, the Cavaliers reached what they felt was a verbal understanding with Boozer. They would forgo their right to keep him for an extra year at relatively low pay, and instead allow him to become a restricted free agent. In exchange, he was expected to sign a long-term agreement with the Cavaliers, and not to sign an offer from any other team, despite the fact that he would certainly receive offers for more money than what Cleveland could afford in the new contract. The fact that Cleveland was over the salary cap apparently meant that both sides understood the parameters of the new contract with Cleveland would be approximately $40 million over six years.

The deal appeared to be advantageous for both parties. Boozer would immediately get a substantial raise to over $6 million per year and the financial security of having a long-term guaranteed contract as opposed to playing the next season for only $695,000 and lacking any future security in the event of a career-threatening injury during that season. Meanwhile, Cleveland would assure itself of keeping his services for at least five more years under a deal which would be below market value and friendly to their salary cap considerations with respect to the remainder of their roster, rather than risk losing him on the free agent market after his original contract was completed the next season.

Offer from Utah

Once Boozer became a restricted free agent, he received an offer from the Utah Jazz. The Jazz had participated in the free agent market in previous years and had failed in attempts to sign Corey Maggette, Jason Terry and Elton Brand. Thus, they were determined to succeed with Boozer and they offered him the maximum contract allowable under the salary cap.

As predicted, the offer from the Jazz provided a salary that the Cavaliers could not afford to match. Additionally, a move to Utah would give Boozer the opportunity to be a more integral player on that team than he would be with the Cavaliers, whose top two players were already established as being LeBron James and Zydrunas Ilgauskas. With these factors in mind, Boozer chose to sign with the Jazz, and the Cavaliers were forced to let him go.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Curry has that inside scoring ability that could have helped the Bulls against the Pistons. If they could have kept Curry and then added Wallace inside I would take that over Tyrus and Wallace.
And he's also the pansy on the boards and the lazy oaf that we didn't need. Sorry but I loved the trade.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote