Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 05-28-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
gunn
Rookie

gunn hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default [NFL Network] Schaub vs. Carr

Brian Baldinger breaks down game tape of Schaub and Carr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMd3FdudDH0
gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always liked Schaub. I like how he already knows alot about the offense he has been heading into...He was in the same offense in Atlanta, and in college (Virginia).

But for him to succeed you guys definetly need to give him weapons and a good supporting cast. Give him more reciving threats...better OL...more talented RB. Once all that is in place, I can see him going to the Pro Bowl.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Receiving threats I think we are ok, Andre Johnson of course is great, Owen Daniels really surprised me last year, and Ahman Green is a pretty solid receiver out of the backfield. It all depends on Jacoby Jones. If he turns out well and we have a legit #2 WR then our passing game is pretty solid. If not, we are in for a long season offensively.

We've got some good young guys in Winston and Spencer. We got killed up the middle though, we need Flanagan in better shape.

We don't have great quality at RB, but we do have great quantity. Hopefully all of our RB's will be effective spelling each other.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RB by comitee can work w/ Kubiak as coach. If Winston and Spencer continue to improve and if Flanagan stays healthy then it could be an okay O-Line, but Flanagan is rolling down the hill now in his career. Jacoby is probably nothing more than an okay 3 by now, end of the year he could do good.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's good to see someone on TV exposing the fraud that was David Carr. The guy was like the Teflon Don of NFL QB's. Everyone else was blamed for his total sucktitude.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

David Carr was put in a tough situation to begin his career. He went to an awful expansion team without offensive weapons and without a good O-Line and he didn't have the opportunity to sit and learn at least for a year or two. I think that attributed to him developing bad habits that showed up this year. It was the Texans fault in the beginning of his career but at the end of his career with us it was all on him. It is hard for me to blame him for not being very good and unless it was all a psychological thing with being behind the Texans O-Line he won't improve with Carolina.

Schaub on the other hand I think will be a good fit, despite the fact I think we gave up too much for him because we were desperate and the Raiders wanted him too. I really like second round picks and picking up Justin Blalock would have been nice this year but at least we have a quarterback - now we just have to put some guys in front of him.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know why expansion teams would take a QB in the first, especially a QB that hadnt even been heralded like Peyton Manning or Carson Palmer.

They really need to add an "Expansion Mode" in Madden. Creating expansion teams sounds fun.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 05-29-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
They really need to add an "Expansion Mode" in Madden. Creating expansion teams sounds fun.
They had it awhile back for the Texans the year before they came into the league- but it was only for the Texans and you only got really bad players in the expansion draft.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY10 View Post
David Carr was put in a tough situation to begin his career. He went to an awful expansion team without offensive weapons and without a good O-Line and he didn't have the opportunity to sit and learn at least for a year or two. I think that attributed to him developing bad habits that showed up this year. It was the Texans fault in the beginning of his career but at the end of his career with us it was all on him. It is hard for me to blame him for not being very good and unless it was all a psychological thing with being behind the Texans O-Line he won't improve with Carolina.

Schaub on the other hand I think will be a good fit, despite the fact I think we gave up too much for him because we were desperate and the Raiders wanted him too. I really like second round picks and picking up Justin Blalock would have been nice this year but at least we have a quarterback - now we just have to put some guys in front of him.

I agree with you on David Carr. But as for now, I like the fact that he has had the chance to watch, even if its behins Mike Vick, he still watched and learned and saw what it takes, and he took it to the Patriots a few years ago. Thats nothing to shabby. This is the Patriots were talking about and he more than held his own. I think that with Ahman Green, Lundy and Dayne they have some change it up guys. Owen Daniels really came about last year. Looked pretty good. Andre Johnson is Andre Johson. You know what you will get from him. They just need an established #2 guy to come in, or have someone step up. Possibly Jacoby Jones.

Overall, I like the way this team is going. And I trust Gary Kubiak. He brings that offensive mind there and things will be different.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
I agree with you on David Carr. But as for now, I like the fact that he has had the chance to watch, even if its behins Mike Vick, he still watched and learned and saw what it takes, and he took it to the Patriots a few years ago. Thats nothing to shabby. This is the Patriots were talking about and he more than held his own. I think that with Ahman Green, Lundy and Dayne they have some change it up guys. Owen Daniels really came about last year. Looked pretty good. Andre Johnson is Andre Johson. You know what you will get from him. They just need an established #2 guy to come in, or have someone step up. Possibly Jacoby Jones.

Overall, I like the way this team is going. And I trust Gary Kubiak. He brings that offensive mind there and things will be different.
Well just to be fair, like 3/4s of the Pats secondary was gone, and they finished the season 29th against the pass.

But having to sit behind someone and learn is precoius. Look what Phillip Rivers did. Look at the success Romo had before the post season...I think Schaub could have a season like that.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:06 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post

Stop bringing up the Patriots, I HATE THE PATRIOTS!
Old 05-30-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrios ******* ********* ******** **** in the *** ***** piece of **** ******* ****** ***** ***************.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
gunn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
The guy was like the Teflon Don of NFL QB's.
John Gotti? How did you make that connection?
Old 05-30-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
It's good to see someone on TV exposing the fraud that was David Carr. The guy was like the Teflon Don of NFL QB's. Everyone else was blamed for his total sucktitude.
You cant completly blame the guy and to say that he ever had a good O-Line is absolutley ludacris. Plus, I know that the vid was to expose Carr, but when you watch it youre only seeing his mistakes, there plenty of other good/great plays he has made. Including one that was examined by the guys at ESPN to why he was good. He rolled out to his opposite, setup, planted his feet and threw to Owen Daniels in the end zone. The beginning of the year for him was also good, and for me brought back some optomisim.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Well just to be fair, like 3/4s of the Pats secondary was gone, and they finished the season 29th against the pass.

But having to sit behind someone and learn is precoius. Look what Phillip Rivers did. Look at the success Romo had before the post season...I think Schaub could have a season like that.
It still doesnt matter who they have. They almost made the superbowl this year with 2 #3 wr's as their starters. And a few years ago they won the SB with all backup DB's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Stop bringing up the Patriots, I HATE THE PATRIOTS!
LOL. It just so happens that they are always the team who im making the comparison to. hahaha
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
gunn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
...... there plenty of other good/great plays he has made.

Really?? I think that is a bit of an overstatement. If there really was "plenty of good plays", he'd likely still be a starting quarterback. The reality is that there is probably just a mix of alot of bad and average plays, a handfull good plays and almost NO great plays.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Carr had his flashes of good plays. By the end of his time in Houston, we had changed his throwing motion way to much. All his mechanics were screwed up, and his mind was just destroyed. He did have some good plays, even this season or the 2-14 season. It's hard to make plays though when you're not that great to begin with and are a young QB on a bad team. But, even as a Carr supporter, I'll admit he didn't make that many GREAT plays.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schaub or no Schaub I think the team will still be picking in the top ten next year.

They might have the number one pick

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.
Thumbs down

that has to be the stupidest video ever. all he did was show schaubs highlights and carrs lowlights. totally biased
xooberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xooberon View Post
that has to be the stupidest video ever. all he did was show schaubs highlights and carrs lowlights. totally biased
At least Schaub had highlights, in the brief time he played. Did David Carr ever have highlights?
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote