Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2006, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: BIG ORANGE COUNTRY
Posts: 6,363
Reputation: 18165
Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
You guys are all missing the key question...

Who cares? They're kickers.
I care. A crappy kicker lost Dallas 3 games last year. We would have been 12-4.
__________________

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Texico From Mexico
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
You guys are all missing the key question...

Who cares? They're kickers.
I care. A crappy kicker lost Dallas 3 games last year. We would have been 12-4.
I disagree...sure he should have made those kicks but if you live and die by playing low scoring close to the vest football like Parcells plays you will get burned eventually. And he did......never put your team in a postion to rely on a kicker! Sure sometimes it happens, but in Parcells case ....all too often!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:35 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Eugene
Posts: 6,835
Reputation: 10364
duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
I disagree...sure he should have made those kicks but if you live and die by playing low scoring close to the vest football like Parcells plays you will get burned eventually. And he did......never put your team in a postion to rely on a kicker! Sure sometimes it happens, but in Parcells case ....all too often!
Yeah! Let's switch to the run & shoot!! That way we can give up 20 point leads over the course of 10 minutes!!
Tex, get over it. Parcells is one of the greatest coaches this game has seen. For some reason, I trust his game-management philosophy a bit more than yours.
__________________
duckseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:24 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,973
Reputation: 6046785
njx9 has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Well, there was a special on tv, don't remember the shows name, but they were showing special teamers, and for 10 minutes it was about Vinatieri and Hunter Smith. It was all about how Vinatieri likes to kick with an unusual amount of lean on his kicks, which he discovered experimenting around with Hunter Smith. Jesus I'm tired of arguing with you about something as trivial as the amount of lean that he likes to kick with. Please enlighten me as to what I've posted that is incorrect because I would love to hear it.

If you have enough time to read through all my posts, then you really need to get a life. :roll:
i just showed you several examples of why you're completely incorrect. further, i tend to read an inordinate number of your posts because i MODERATE A FEW OF THESE BOARDS. that means i have to watch the threads for things that need to be locked/deleted. that's sort of my job here. to read all the NFL/Draft/Mock board threads. so feel free to pm Ward and D and Xio and tell them to get lives too. i'm sure they'll appreciate it straight to deleteing your account.

again, feel free to never post on any of the aforementioned boards again until you're able to display at least one iota of general football knowledge. saying "i heard on some tv show once" is NOT, oddly enough, credible sourcing, and actually makes your argument far weaker when the other person shows you direct, first hand evidence of you being wrong.

if you're not going to say anything worthwhile in response, please do me a favor and just stop clicking the link to this board.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:53 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: South Florida
Posts: 30,584
Reputation: 1108093
P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

You tell him njx.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Texico From Mexico
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
I disagree...sure he should have made those kicks but if you live and die by playing low scoring close to the vest football like Parcells plays you will get burned eventually. And he did......never put your team in a postion to rely on a kicker! Sure sometimes it happens, but in Parcells case ....all too often!
Yeah! Let's switch to the run & shoot!! That way we can give up 20 point leads over the course of 10 minutes!!
Tex, get over it. Parcells is one of the greatest coaches this game has seen. For some reason, I trust his game-management philosophy a bit more than yours.
No! Lets play some balanced Football ala Jimmy Johnson! I am over it, now I want to see him do something than win 4 more games in the same time period as Gailey and Campo.....thats all he has done is win 4 MORE GAMES IN THREE YEARS! Its time to put up or shut up! You people are just living off his reputation that is so so so long ago! In fact before most of your were born, or very young. He had some success with the Giants in the 80's, sqeaked by a better Bills team (missed field goal, case in point) and you think hes god. Please.....
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:01 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UT
Posts: 4,558
Reputation: 106982
cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Well, there was a special on tv, don't remember the shows name, but they were showing special teamers, and for 10 minutes it was about Vinatieri and Hunter Smith. It was all about how Vinatieri likes to kick with an unusual amount of lean on his kicks, which he discovered experimenting around with Hunter Smith. Jesus I'm tired of arguing with you about something as trivial as the amount of lean that he likes to kick with. Please enlighten me as to what I've posted that is incorrect because I would love to hear it.

If you have enough time to read through all my posts, then you really need to get a life. :roll:
i just showed you several examples of why you're completely incorrect. further, i tend to read an inordinate number of your posts because i MODERATE A FEW OF THESE BOARDS. that means i have to watch the threads for things that need to be locked/deleted. that's sort of my job here. to read all the NFL/Draft/Mock board threads. so feel free to pm Ward and D and Xio and tell them to get lives too. i'm sure they'll appreciate it straight to deleteing your account.

again, feel free to never post on any of the aforementioned boards again until you're able to display at least one iota of general football knowledge. saying "i heard on some tv show once" is NOT, oddly enough, credible sourcing, and actually makes your argument far weaker when the other person shows you direct, first hand evidence of you being wrong.

if you're not going to say anything worthwhile in response, please do me a favor and just stop clicking the link to this board.
Sorry, but I believe what Vinatieri says himself about how he kicks more than any of the "evidence" you've presented. Yes most kickers kick with some lean, we agree on that point, but Vinatieri likes a little more, and I don't see why this point is so important to you that you feel the need to have this long of a debate about it.
__________________
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,108
Reputation: 4191549
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
I disagree...sure he should have made those kicks but if you live and die by playing low scoring close to the vest football like Parcells plays you will get burned eventually. And he did......never put your team in a postion to rely on a kicker! Sure sometimes it happens, but in Parcells case ....all too often!
Yeah! Let's switch to the run & shoot!! That way we can give up 20 point leads over the course of 10 minutes!!
Tex, get over it. Parcells is one of the greatest coaches this game has seen. For some reason, I trust his game-management philosophy a bit more than yours.
No! Lets play some balanced Football ala Jimmy Johnson! I am over it, now I want to see him do something than win 4 more games in the same time period as Gailey and Campo.....thats all he has done is win 4 MORE GAMES IN THREE YEARS! Its time to put up or shut up! You people are just living off his reputation that is so so so long ago! In fact before most of your were born, or very young. He had some success with the Giants in the 80's, sqeaked by a better Bills team (missed field goal, case in point) and you think hes god. Please.....
Umm...he put together arguably the greatest 3-4 defense ever in 86, won the SB in 90 with a BACKUP QB AND RB (forget the missed FG, we had our backup QB and RB in the game and STILL WON), took a 1-15 Jets team to the AFC championship, took a doormat Pats team to the SB, and now he's taken a Dallas team that was the laughing stock of the NFC and built them into a team that will contend for a championship well after he retires.

Face it Tex...the 2 best coaches your team's ever had were GIANTS. And I know it hurts inside, but its not my fault we produce the best coaches in NFL history.
__________________
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:06 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,973
Reputation: 6046785
njx9 has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Well, there was a special on tv, don't remember the shows name, but they were showing special teamers, and for 10 minutes it was about Vinatieri and Hunter Smith. It was all about how Vinatieri likes to kick with an unusual amount of lean on his kicks, which he discovered experimenting around with Hunter Smith. Jesus I'm tired of arguing with you about something as trivial as the amount of lean that he likes to kick with. Please enlighten me as to what I've posted that is incorrect because I would love to hear it.

If you have enough time to read through all my posts, then you really need to get a life. :roll:
i just showed you several examples of why you're completely incorrect. further, i tend to read an inordinate number of your posts because i MODERATE A FEW OF THESE BOARDS. that means i have to watch the threads for things that need to be locked/deleted. that's sort of my job here. to read all the NFL/Draft/Mock board threads. so feel free to pm Ward and D and Xio and tell them to get lives too. i'm sure they'll appreciate it straight to deleteing your account.

again, feel free to never post on any of the aforementioned boards again until you're able to display at least one iota of general football knowledge. saying "i heard on some tv show once" is NOT, oddly enough, credible sourcing, and actually makes your argument far weaker when the other person shows you direct, first hand evidence of you being wrong.

if you're not going to say anything worthwhile in response, please do me a favor and just stop clicking the link to this board.
Sorry, but I believe what Vinatieri says himself about how he kicks more than any of the "evidence" you've presented. Yes most kickers kick with some lean, we agree on that point, but Vinatieri likes a little more, and I don't see why this point is so important to you that you feel the need to have this long of a debate about it.
because you have yet to be right about a single thing in this debate. so as long as you say things like "your evidence sucks, but my hearsay clearly proves that ..." i'm going to tell you what an awful argument that is.

the fact is, you still don't have any idea what you're talking about and yet you continue talking. as long as you do so, i'm going loudly let you know that you don't know anything about sports in general. *shrug*
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Texico From Mexico
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
I disagree...sure he should have made those kicks but if you live and die by playing low scoring close to the vest football like Parcells plays you will get burned eventually. And he did......never put your team in a postion to rely on a kicker! Sure sometimes it happens, but in Parcells case ....all too often!
Yeah! Let's switch to the run & shoot!! That way we can give up 20 point leads over the course of 10 minutes!!
Tex, get over it. Parcells is one of the greatest coaches this game has seen. For some reason, I trust his game-management philosophy a bit more than yours.
No! Lets play some balanced Football ala Jimmy Johnson! I am over it, now I want to see him do something than win 4 more games in the same time period as Gailey and Campo.....thats all he has done is win 4 MORE GAMES IN THREE YEARS! Its time to put up or shut up! You people are just living off his reputation that is so so so long ago! In fact before most of your were born, or very young. He had some success with the Giants in the 80's, sqeaked by a better Bills team (missed field goal, case in point) and you think hes god. Please.....
Umm...he put together arguably the greatest 3-4 defense ever in 86, won the SB in 90 with a BACKUP QB AND RB (forget the missed FG, we had our backup QB and RB in the game and STILL WON), took a 1-15 Jets team to the AFC championship, took a doormat Pats team to the SB, and now he's taken a Dallas team that was the laughing stock of the NFC and built them into a team that will contend for a championship well after he retires.

Face it Tex...the 2 best coaches your team's ever had were GIANTS. And I know it hurts inside, but its not my fault we produce the best coaches in NFL history.
Oh yeah..he is so much better than Jimmy.. NOT! You need to wake up and realize that Jimmy built a 4 year champion. Had he been here they would had beat the 49ers in 95. Lets see Parcells equal that and I will shut the hell up! In fact not one of your Giant teams could have played with Jimmys teams! Not one and thats a fact! The 92-96 Cowboys would have spanked the 86- 91 Giants ass like a newborn babe! Even you can say no different. L.T. would not have EVEN sniffed Troy Aikman's jock with that OL he had!

And parcells did nothing with the PATS except lose....havent been been all over this subject in my class before?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,108
Reputation: 4191549
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
I disagree...sure he should have made those kicks but if you live and die by playing low scoring close to the vest football like Parcells plays you will get burned eventually. And he did......never put your team in a postion to rely on a kicker! Sure sometimes it happens, but in Parcells case ....all too often!
Yeah! Let's switch to the run & shoot!! That way we can give up 20 point leads over the course of 10 minutes!!
Tex, get over it. Parcells is one of the greatest coaches this game has seen. For some reason, I trust his game-management philosophy a bit more than yours.
No! Lets play some balanced Football ala Jimmy Johnson! I am over it, now I want to see him do something than win 4 more games in the same time period as Gailey and Campo.....thats all he has done is win 4 MORE GAMES IN THREE YEARS! Its time to put up or shut up! You people are just living off his reputation that is so so so long ago! In fact before most of your were born, or very young. He had some success with the Giants in the 80's, sqeaked by a better Bills team (missed field goal, case in point) and you think hes god. Please.....
Umm...he put together arguably the greatest 3-4 defense ever in 86, won the SB in 90 with a BACKUP QB AND RB (forget the missed FG, we had our backup QB and RB in the game and STILL WON), took a 1-15 Jets team to the AFC championship, took a doormat Pats team to the SB, and now he's taken a Dallas team that was the laughing stock of the NFC and built them into a team that will contend for a championship well after he retires.

Face it Tex...the 2 best coaches your team's ever had were GIANTS. And I know it hurts inside, but its not my fault we produce the best coaches in NFL history.
Oh yeah..he is so much better than Jimmy.. NOT! You need to wake up and realize that Jimmy built a 4 year champion. Had he been here they would had beat the 49ers in 95. Lets see Parcells equal that and I will shut the hell up! In fact not one of your Giant teams could have played with Jimmys teams! Not one and thats a fact! The 92-96 Cowboys would have spanked the 86- 91 Giants ass like a newborn babe! Even you can say no different. L.T. would not have EVEN sniffed Troy Aikman's jock with that OL he had!

And parcells did nothing with the PATS except lose....havent been been all over this subject in my class before?
Your dallas team's were good, but theres NO way they couldve blocked LT, Harry Carson, and Carl Banks...their Oline wasn't fast enough for it. You guys had big powerful olinemen, but that LB core would blow right past them. And that LB core would smack Emmit like they were his daddy. The 90 49ers had just as good of an Oline as the Cowboys and the Giants slapped it around for fun. And Troy "i get a concussion whenever someone sneezes on me" Aikman would be out of the game by the 1st quarter after LT puts a Joe Theisman on his butt. :D

You can't say Jimmy built a 4 year champion. Why? Because they didn't win 4 championships, period. Wouldve couldve shouldve doesn't count. Jimmy is not better than Parcells and you know it...theres no need to go over this again with you. He BOMBED in Miami, he was a one team wonder. Great drafter? Yes. Great head coach? Not really. Barry Switzer coached that team to a championship. They played in an era where there was 2 good teams in the NFL. The 90s didn't produce the type of players the 80s or the 70s did. A lot of teams would spank that cowboy team, the Steel Curtain, 85 Bears, 86 Giants, 89 49ers, heck...i think Landry's squad was better.

Theres no need to carry this on, we're detracting from the subject. If you wanna whine about how great Jimmy's jock is then make a thread about it.
__________________
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Texico From Mexico
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Please do not reply back to this thread until you understand football.

That is all....
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,108
Reputation: 4191549
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Please do not reply back to this thread until you understand football.

That is all....
So I guess you can't respond to this thread anymore...or any thread for that matter :D
__________________
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: BIG ORANGE COUNTRY
Posts: 6,363
Reputation: 18165
Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
I disagree...sure he should have made those kicks but if you live and die by playing low scoring close to the vest football like Parcells plays you will get burned eventually. And he did......never put your team in a postion to rely on a kicker! Sure sometimes it happens, but in Parcells case ....all too often!
Yeah! Let's switch to the run & shoot!! That way we can give up 20 point leads over the course of 10 minutes!!
Tex, get over it. Parcells is one of the greatest coaches this game has seen. For some reason, I trust his game-management philosophy a bit more than yours.
No! Lets play some balanced Football ala Jimmy Johnson! I am over it, now I want to see him do something than win 4 more games in the same time period as Gailey and Campo.....thats all he has done is win 4 MORE GAMES IN THREE YEARS! Its time to put up or shut up! You people are just living off his reputation that is so so so long ago! In fact before most of your were born, or very young. He had some success with the Giants in the 80's, sqeaked by a better Bills team (missed field goal, case in point) and you think hes god. Please.....
Umm...he put together arguably the greatest 3-4 defense ever in 86, won the SB in 90 with a BACKUP QB AND RB (forget the missed FG, we had our backup QB and RB in the game and STILL WON), took a 1-15 Jets team to the AFC championship, took a doormat Pats team to the SB, and now he's taken a Dallas team that was the laughing stock of the NFC and built them into a team that will contend for a championship well after he retires.

Face it Tex...the 2 best coaches your team's ever had were GIANTS. And I know it hurts inside, but its not my fault we produce the best coaches in NFL history.
Oh yeah..he is so much better than Jimmy.. NOT! You need to wake up and realize that Jimmy built a 4 year champion. Had he been here they would had beat the 49ers in 95. Lets see Parcells equal that and I will shut the hell up! In fact not one of your Giant teams could have played with Jimmys teams! Not one and thats a fact! The 92-96 Cowboys would have spanked the 86- 91 Giants ass like a newborn babe! Even you can say no different. L.T. would not have EVEN sniffed Troy Aikman's jock with that OL he had!

And parcells did nothing with the PATS except lose....havent been been all over this subject in my class before?
Your dallas team's were good, but theres NO way they couldve blocked LT, Harry Carson, and Carl Banks...their Oline wasn't fast enough for it. You guys had big powerful olinemen, but that LB core would blow right past them. And that LB core would smack Emmit like they were his daddy. The 90 49ers had just as good of an Oline as the Cowboys and the Giants slapped it around for fun. And Troy "i get a concussion whenever someone sneezes on me" Aikman would be out of the game by the 1st quarter after LT puts a Joe Theisman on his butt. :D

You can't say Jimmy built a 4 year champion. Why? Because they didn't win 4 championships, period. Wouldve couldve shouldve doesn't count. Jimmy is not better than Parcells and you know it...theres no need to go over this again with you. He BOMBED in Miami, he was a one team wonder. Great drafter? Yes. Great head coach? Not really. Barry Switzer coached that team to a championship. They played in an era where there was 2 good teams in the NFL. The 90s didn't produce the type of players the 80s or the 70s did. A lot of teams would spank that cowboy team, the Steel Curtain, 85 Bears, 86 Giants, 89 49ers, heck...i think Landry's squad was better.

Theres no need to carry this on, we're detracting from the subject. If you wanna whine about how great Jimmy's jock is then make a thread about it.
Woah, woah, now. Now you're just disrespecting the Cowboys. We had the best O Line. Ever. That's it. Also Emmitt Smith could still run on them. He ran on everyone. Smith played with the most energy and the most force of any player I've ever seen. He moved nose tackles on his back every day, and no one could stop him. Not LT, not Harry Carson, and not Carl Banks. Troy Aikman was one of the most accurate passers in NFL history, he also had a cannon, and he was a winner. And Aikman was tough. He played through more pain than you can imagine. Yeah, he had a few concussions, and that cost him his career, but he was one of the most talented QBs ever to play the game. And don't give me the " Barry Switzer coached that team to a championship." crap. Johnson pulled that team together, made it the best, and when he left it all fell apart. The 95 Cowboys was a team putting out it's last best effort to win, and they were living off the shadow that Jimmy left, not Switzer. I'm not saying BP is not as good as Jimmy, because I beleive BP is a bit better, just don't talk about my team like that.
__________________

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,108
Reputation: 4191549
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
I disagree...sure he should have made those kicks but if you live and die by playing low scoring close to the vest football like Parcells plays you will get burned eventually. And he did......never put your team in a postion to rely on a kicker! Sure sometimes it happens, but in Parcells case ....all too often!
Yeah! Let's switch to the run & shoot!! That way we can give up 20 point leads over the course of 10 minutes!!
Tex, get over it. Parcells is one of the greatest coaches this game has seen. For some reason, I trust his game-management philosophy a bit more than yours.
No! Lets play some balanced Football ala Jimmy Johnson! I am over it, now I want to see him do something than win 4 more games in the same time period as Gailey and Campo.....thats all he has done is win 4 MORE GAMES IN THREE YEARS! Its time to put up or shut up! You people are just living off his reputation that is so so so long ago! In fact before most of your were born, or very young. He had some success with the Giants in the 80's, sqeaked by a better Bills team (missed field goal, case in point) and you think hes god. Please.....
Umm...he put together arguably the greatest 3-4 defense ever in 86, won the SB in 90 with a BACKUP QB AND RB (forget the missed FG, we had our backup QB and RB in the game and STILL WON), took a 1-15 Jets team to the AFC championship, took a doormat Pats team to the SB, and now he's taken a Dallas team that was the laughing stock of the NFC and built them into a team that will contend for a championship well after he retires.

Face it Tex...the 2 best coaches your team's ever had were GIANTS. And I know it hurts inside, but its not my fault we produce the best coaches in NFL history.
Oh yeah..he is so much better than Jimmy.. NOT! You need to wake up and realize that Jimmy built a 4 year champion. Had he been here they would had beat the 49ers in 95. Lets see Parcells equal that and I will shut the hell up! In fact not one of your Giant teams could have played with Jimmys teams! Not one and thats a fact! The 92-96 Cowboys would have spanked the 86- 91 Giants ass like a newborn babe! Even you can say no different. L.T. would not have EVEN sniffed Troy Aikman's jock with that OL he had!

And parcells did nothing with the PATS except lose....havent been been all over this subject in my class before?
Your dallas team's were good, but theres NO way they couldve blocked LT, Harry Carson, and Carl Banks...their Oline wasn't fast enough for it. You guys had big powerful olinemen, but that LB core would blow right past them. And that LB core would smack Emmit like they were his daddy. The 90 49ers had just as good of an Oline as the Cowboys and the Giants slapped it around for fun. And Troy "i get a concussion whenever someone sneezes on me" Aikman would be out of the game by the 1st quarter after LT puts a Joe Theisman on his butt. :D

You can't say Jimmy built a 4 year champion. Why? Because they didn't win 4 championships, period. Wouldve couldve shouldve doesn't count. Jimmy is not better than Parcells and you know it...theres no need to go over this again with you. He BOMBED in Miami, he was a one team wonder. Great drafter? Yes. Great head coach? Not really. Barry Switzer coached that team to a championship. They played in an era where there was 2 good teams in the NFL. The 90s didn't produce the type of players the 80s or the 70s did. A lot of teams would spank that cowboy team, the Steel Curtain, 85 Bears, 86 Giants, 89 49ers, heck...i think Landry's squad was better.

Theres no need to carry this on, we're detracting from the subject. If you wanna whine about how great Jimmy's jock is then make a thread about it.
Woah, woah, now. Now you're just disrespecting the Cowboys. We had the best O Line. Ever. That's it. Also Emmitt Smith could still run on them. He ran on everyone. Smith played with the most energy and the most force of any player I've ever seen. He moved nose tackles on his back every day, and no one could stop him. Not LT, not Harry Carson, and not Carl Banks. Troy Aikman was one of the most accurate passers in NFL history, he also had a cannon, and he was a winner. And Aikman was tough. He played through more pain than you can imagine. Yeah, he had a few concussions, and that cost him his career, but he was one of the most talented QBs ever to play the game. And don't give me the " Barry Switzer coached that team to a championship." crap. Johnson pulled that team together, made it the best, and when he left it all fell apart. The 95 Cowboys was a team putting out it's last best effort to win, and they were living off the shadow that Jimmy left, not Switzer. I'm not saying BP is not as good as Jimmy, because I beleive BP is a bit better, just don't talk about my team like that.
Come on dude, don't act like there weren't other great teams. Its not disrespecting the Cowboys by saying other teams were better. Because there were better teams. That oline was good, the best if you will, but it wasn't so much better than the Niners oline in 89/90. I personally favor Landry's doomsday defense over the 90s cowboys. But thats just my opinion. But yeah, i have that team in my personal top 5, but it wasn't the best ever. An overlooked aspect of great teams is coaching staffs as well. I think the coaching tree of Bill Walsh, Parcells, Chuck Noll, and Landry would outsmart Jimmy in what would be a closely fought game. But anyway, its all subjective so arguing about it is useless.

And Id like to point out that it was my team that was disrespected first. I merely finished what someone else started. Now I don't want to comment on this subject matter anymore, we're detracting from the point of the thread. If you wanna continue discussing it, make a thread about it.
__________________
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:42 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UT
Posts: 4,558
Reputation: 106982
cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Well, there was a special on tv, don't remember the shows name, but they were showing special teamers, and for 10 minutes it was about Vinatieri and Hunter Smith. It was all about how Vinatieri likes to kick with an unusual amount of lean on his kicks, which he discovered experimenting around with Hunter Smith. Jesus I'm tired of arguing with you about something as trivial as the amount of lean that he likes to kick with. Please enlighten me as to what I've posted that is incorrect because I would love to hear it.

If you have enough time to read through all my posts, then you really need to get a life. :roll:
i just showed you several examples of why you're completely incorrect. further, i tend to read an inordinate number of your posts because i MODERATE A FEW OF THESE BOARDS. that means i have to watch the threads for things that need to be locked/deleted. that's sort of my job here. to read all the NFL/Draft/Mock board threads. so feel free to pm Ward and D and Xio and tell them to get lives too. i'm sure they'll appreciate it straight to deleteing your account.

again, feel free to never post on any of the aforementioned boards again until you're able to display at least one iota of general football knowledge. saying "i heard on some tv show once" is NOT, oddly enough, credible sourcing, and actually makes your argument far weaker when the other person shows you direct, first hand evidence of you being wrong.

if you're not going to say anything worthwhile in response, please do me a favor and just stop clicking the link to this board.
Sorry, but I believe what Vinatieri says himself about how he kicks more than any of the "evidence" you've presented. Yes most kickers kick with some lean, we agree on that point, but Vinatieri likes a little more, and I don't see why this point is so important to you that you feel the need to have this long of a debate about it.
because you have yet to be right about a single thing in this debate. so as long as you say things like "your evidence sucks, but my hearsay clearly proves that ..." i'm going to tell you what an awful argument that is.

the fact is, you still don't have any idea what you're talking about and yet you continue talking. as long as you do so, i'm going loudly let you know that you don't know anything about sports in general. *shrug*
You still did not answer my question about why this is so important to you that you feel the need to debate. If you disagree alright then, but don't question my knowledge of sports. What have you contributed to this topic? Jack **** thats what. You think people don't know that Vanderjagt is the most accurate kicker in the NFL? If stats were all that mattered we wouldn't be having this discussion now would we? So thank you for reminding us all of a stat we had already heard of. BTW the go sit in the corner insult or whatever that is isn't as funny now that you've used it multiple times. Your attempts at humor are kind of sad, but if you really want to continue to try, please go ahead.
__________________
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Texico From Mexico
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
I disagree...sure he should have made those kicks but if you live and die by playing low scoring close to the vest football like Parcells plays you will get burned eventually. And he did......never put your team in a postion to rely on a kicker! Sure sometimes it happens, but in Parcells case ....all too often!
Yeah! Let's switch to the run & shoot!! That way we can give up 20 point leads over the course of 10 minutes!!
Tex, get over it. Parcells is one of the greatest coaches this game has seen. For some reason, I trust his game-management philosophy a bit more than yours.
No! Lets play some balanced Football ala Jimmy Johnson! I am over it, now I want to see him do something than win 4 more games in the same time period as Gailey and Campo.....thats all he has done is win 4 MORE GAMES IN THREE YEARS! Its time to put up or shut up! You people are just living off his reputation that is so so so long ago! In fact before most of your were born, or very young. He had some success with the Giants in the 80's, sqeaked by a better Bills team (missed field goal, case in point) and you think hes god. Please.....
Umm...he put together arguably the greatest 3-4 defense ever in 86, won the SB in 90 with a BACKUP QB AND RB (forget the missed FG, we had our backup QB and RB in the game and STILL WON), took a 1-15 Jets team to the AFC championship, took a doormat Pats team to the SB, and now he's taken a Dallas team that was the laughing stock of the NFC and built them into a team that will contend for a championship well after he retires.

Face it Tex...the 2 best coaches your team's ever had were GIANTS. And I know it hurts inside, but its not my fault we produce the best coaches in NFL history.
Oh yeah..he is so much better than Jimmy.. NOT! You need to wake up and realize that Jimmy built a 4 year champion. Had he been here they would had beat the 49ers in 95. Lets see Parcells equal that and I will shut the hell up! In fact not one of your Giant teams could have played with Jimmys teams! Not one and thats a fact! The 92-96 Cowboys would have spanked the 86- 91 Giants ass like a newborn babe! Even you can say no different. L.T. would not have EVEN sniffed Troy Aikman's jock with that OL he had!

And parcells did nothing with the PATS except lose....havent been been all over this subject in my class before?
Your dallas team's were good, but theres NO way they couldve blocked LT, Harry Carson, and Carl Banks...their Oline wasn't fast enough for it. You guys had big powerful olinemen, but that LB core would blow right past them. And that LB core would smack Emmit like they were his daddy. The 90 49ers had just as good of an Oline as the Cowboys and the Giants slapped it around for fun. And Troy "i get a concussion whenever someone sneezes on me" Aikman would be out of the game by the 1st quarter after LT puts a Joe Theisman on his butt. :D

You can't say Jimmy built a 4 year champion. Why? Because they didn't win 4 championships, period. Wouldve couldve shouldve doesn't count. Jimmy is not better than Parcells and you know it...theres no need to go over this again with you. He BOMBED in Miami, he was a one team wonder. Great drafter? Yes. Great head coach? Not really. Barry Switzer coached that team to a championship. They played in an era where there was 2 good teams in the NFL. The 90s didn't produce the type of players the 80s or the 70s did. A lot of teams would spank that cowboy team, the Steel Curtain, 85 Bears, 86 Giants, 89 49ers, heck...i think Landry's squad was better.

Theres no need to carry this on, we're detracting from the subject. If you wanna whine about how great Jimmy's jock is then make a thread about it.
Woah, woah, now. Now you're just disrespecting the Cowboys. We had the best O Line. Ever. That's it. Also Emmitt Smith could still run on them. He ran on everyone. Smith played with the most energy and the most force of any player I've ever seen. He moved nose tackles on his back every day, and no one could stop him. Not LT, not Harry Carson, and not Carl Banks. Troy Aikman was one of the most accurate passers in NFL history, he also had a cannon, and he was a winner. And Aikman was tough. He played through more pain than you can imagine. Yeah, he had a few concussions, and that cost him his career, but he was one of the most talented QBs ever to play the game. And don't give me the " Barry Switzer coached that team to a championship." crap. Johnson pulled that team together, made it the best, and when he left it all fell apart. The 95 Cowboys was a team putting out it's last best effort to win, and they were living off the shadow that Jimmy left, not Switzer. I'm not saying BP is not as good as Jimmy, because I beleive BP is a bit better, just don't talk about my team like that.
Come on dude, don't act like there weren't other great teams. Its not disrespecting the Cowboys by saying other teams were better. Because there were better teams. That oline was good, the best if you will, but it wasn't so much better than the Niners oline in 89/90. I personally favor Landry's doomsday defense over the 90s cowboys. But thats just my opinion. But yeah, i have that team in my personal top 5, but it wasn't the best ever. An overlooked aspect of great teams is coaching staffs as well. I think the coaching tree of Bill Walsh, Parcells, Chuck Noll, and Landry would outsmart Jimmy in what would be a closely fought game. But anyway, its all subjective so arguing about it is useless.

And Id like to point out that it was my team that was disrespected first. I merely finished what someone else started. Now I don't want to comment on this subject matter anymore, we're detracting from the point of the thread. If you wanna continue discussing it, make a thread about it.
Listen, Im gonna say this once. The Giants defense while good, would NOT have been able to stop the Cowobys Offense. Slow it down? Maybe..but the Giants offense was a JOKE! A Pure JOKE. The Cowboys D would have T' eed off off on it like nobodys business. Do you actually think Simms was a great QB? he was average AT BEST...AT BEST! Haley would have been all over him...the Cowboys defense in general would have been all over that team period! The score would have been something like 28 - 10. And I am giving you only 28 our of respect for Carson and Taylor...you think the Giants defense was fast? Not anywhere near the Cowobys defensive speed...

And I 100% agree with Jimmys philosophy..you have to win 2 of 3 phases of the game to be successful. Cowobys offense and special were head and shoulders above the Giants....defense IMHO was a split, but ill give you the GIants D.....we still win.

Game Over!

You and all the Giant fans put Parcells on a pedastal because of one reason.

He was the best thing to happen to that team since the 1950's/ early 60's?.....the Giants did jack crap for what? 20 something years???? Parcells is and was a just above average coach....thats is all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:22 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bulimia twice the taste less calories
Posts: 3,467
Reputation: 49
portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Adam because he has wons some big games and Vanderjerk has blown a game or two.
__________________


Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:34 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,803
Reputation: 497257
RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Well, there was a special on tv, don't remember the shows name, but they were showing special teamers, and for 10 minutes it was about Vinatieri and Hunter Smith. It was all about how Vinatieri likes to kick with an unusual amount of lean on his kicks, which he discovered experimenting around with Hunter Smith. Jesus I'm tired of arguing with you about something as trivial as the amount of lean that he likes to kick with. Please enlighten me as to what I've posted that is incorrect because I would love to hear it.

If you have enough time to read through all my posts, then you really need to get a life. :roll:
i just showed you several examples of why you're completely incorrect. further, i tend to read an inordinate number of your posts because i MODERATE A FEW OF THESE BOARDS. that means i have to watch the threads for things that need to be locked/deleted. that's sort of my job here. to read all the NFL/Draft/Mock board threads. so feel free to pm Ward and D and Xio and tell them to get lives too. i'm sure they'll appreciate it straight to deleteing your account.

again, feel free to never post on any of the aforementioned boards again until you're able to display at least one iota of general football knowledge. saying "i heard on some tv show once" is NOT, oddly enough, credible sourcing, and actually makes your argument far weaker when the other person shows you direct, first hand evidence of you being wrong.

if you're not going to say anything worthwhile in response, please do me a favor and just stop clicking the link to this board.
Sorry, but I believe what Vinatieri says himself about how he kicks more than any of the "evidence" you've presented. Yes most kickers kick with some lean, we agree on that point, but Vinatieri likes a little more, and I don't see why this point is so important to you that you feel the need to have this long of a debate about it.
because you have yet to be right about a single thing in this debate. so as long as you say things like "your evidence sucks, but my hearsay clearly proves that ..." i'm going to tell you what an awful argument that is.

the fact is, you still don't have any idea what you're talking about and yet you continue talking. as long as you do so, i'm going loudly let you know that you don't know anything about sports in general. *shrug*
You still did not answer my question about why this is so important to you that you feel the need to debate. If you disagree alright then, but don't question my knowledge of sports. What have you contributed to this topic? Jack *********** thats what. You think people don't know that Vanderjagt is the most accurate kicker in the NFL? If stats were all that mattered we wouldn't be having this discussion now would we? So thank you for reminding us all of a stat we had already heard of. BTW the go sit in the corner insult or whatever that is isn't as funny now that you've used it multiple times. Your attempts at humor are kind of sad, but if you really want to continue to try, please go ahead.
Hey i dont mean to blow this up anymore, but you both know a lot about football i've followed this argument and i have laughed numerous times. You guys are arguing over a way a holder holds the ball.
I will show an adam vinatieri pic and we will decide.



I hate to bust ur bubble cunningham but he kicks normal.

But im disappointed that u guys insulted each other so much on this thread. I dont see why u both are arguing and degrading each other as u are both prominent posters. :roll:
__________________

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,108
Reputation: 4191549
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
I disagree...sure he should have made those kicks but if you live and die by playing low scoring close to the vest football like Parcells plays you will get burned eventually. And he did......never put your team in a postion to rely on a kicker! Sure sometimes it happens, but in Parcells case ....all too often!
Yeah! Let's switch to the run & shoot!! That way we can give up 20 point leads over the course of 10 minutes!!
Tex, get over it. Parcells is one of the greatest coaches this game has seen. For some reason, I trust his game-management philosophy a bit more than yours.
No! Lets play some balanced Football ala Jimmy Johnson! I am over it, now I want to see him do something than win 4 more games in the same time period as Gailey and Campo.....thats all he has done is win 4 MORE GAMES IN THREE YEARS! Its time to put up or shut up! You people are just living off his reputation that is so so so long ago! In fact before most of your were born, or very young. He had some success with the Giants in the 80's, sqeaked by a better Bills team (missed field goal, case in point) and you think hes god. Please.....
Umm...he put together arguably the greatest 3-4 defense ever in 86, won the SB in 90 with a BACKUP QB AND RB (forget the missed FG, we had our backup QB and RB in the game and STILL WON), took a 1-15 Jets team to the AFC championship, took a doormat Pats team to the SB, and now he's taken a Dallas team that was the laughing stock of the NFC and built them into a team that will contend for a championship well after he retires.

Face it Tex...the 2 best coaches your team's ever had were GIANTS. And I know it hurts inside, but its not my fault we produce the best coaches in NFL history.
Oh yeah..he is so much better than Jimmy.. NOT! You need to wake up and realize that Jimmy built a 4 year champion. Had he been here they would had beat the 49ers in 95. Lets see Parcells equal that and I will shut the hell up! In fact not one of your Giant teams could have played with Jimmys teams! Not one and thats a fact! The 92-96 Cowboys would have spanked the 86- 91 Giants ass like a newborn babe! Even you can say no different. L.T. would not have EVEN sniffed Troy Aikman's jock with that OL he had!

And parcells did nothing with the PATS except lose....havent been been all over this subject in my class before?
Your dallas team's were good, but theres NO way they couldve blocked LT, Harry Carson, and Carl Banks...their Oline wasn't fast enough for it. You guys had big powerful olinemen, but that LB core would blow right past them. And that LB core would smack Emmit like they were his daddy. The 90 49ers had just as good of an Oline as the Cowboys and the Giants slapped it around for fun. And Troy "i get a concussion whenever someone sneezes on me" Aikman would be out of the game by the 1st quarter after LT puts a Joe Theisman on his butt. :D

You can't say Jimmy built a 4 year champion. Why? Because they didn't win 4 championships, period. Wouldve couldve shouldve doesn't count. Jimmy is not better than Parcells and you know it...theres no need to go over this again with you. He BOMBED in Miami, he was a one team wonder. Great drafter? Yes. Great head coach? Not really. Barry Switzer coached that team to a championship. They played in an era where there was 2 good teams in the NFL. The 90s didn't produce the type of players the 80s or the 70s did. A lot of teams would spank that cowboy team, the Steel Curtain, 85 Bears, 86 Giants, 89 49ers, heck...i think Landry's squad was better.

Theres no need to carry this on, we're detracting from the subject. If you wanna whine about how great Jimmy's jock is then make a thread about it.
Woah, woah, now. Now you're just disrespecting the Cowboys. We had the best O Line. Ever. That's it. Also Emmitt Smith could still run on them. He ran on everyone. Smith played with the most energy and the most force of any player I've ever seen. He moved nose tackles on his back every day, and no one could stop him. Not LT, not Harry Carson, and not Carl Banks. Troy Aikman was one of the most accurate passers in NFL history, he also had a cannon, and he was a winner. And Aikman was tough. He played through more pain than you can imagine. Yeah, he had a few concussions, and that cost him his career, but he was one of the most talented QBs ever to play the game. And don't give me the " Barry Switzer coached that team to a championship." crap. Johnson pulled that team together, made it the best, and when he left it all fell apart. The 95 Cowboys was a team putting out it's last best effort to win, and they were living off the shadow that Jimmy left, not Switzer. I'm not saying BP is not as good as Jimmy, because I beleive BP is a bit better, just don't talk about my team like that.
Come on dude, don't act like there weren't other great teams. Its not disrespecting the Cowboys by saying other teams were better. Because there were better teams. That oline was good, the best if you will, but it wasn't so much better than the Niners oline in 89/90. I personally favor Landry's doomsday defense over the 90s cowboys. But thats just my opinion. But yeah, i have that team in my personal top 5, but it wasn't the best ever. An overlooked aspect of great teams is coaching staffs as well. I think the coaching tree of Bill Walsh, Parcells, Chuck Noll, and Landry would outsmart Jimmy in what would be a closely fought game. But anyway, its all subjective so arguing about it is useless.

And Id like to point out that it was my team that was disrespected first. I merely finished what someone else started. Now I don't want to comment on this subject matter anymore, we're detracting from the point of the thread. If you wanna continue discussing it, make a thread about it.
Listen, Im gonna say this once. The Giants defense while good, would NOT have been able to stop the Cowobys Offense. Slow it down? Maybe..but the Giants offense was a JOKE! A Pure JOKE. The Cowboys D would have T' eed off off on it like nobodys business. Do you actually think Simms was a great QB? he was average AT BEST...AT BEST! Haley would have been all over him...the Cowboys defense in general would have been all over that team period! The score would have been something like 28 - 10. And I am giving you only 28 our of respect for Carson and Taylor...you think the Giants defense was fast? Not anywhere near the Cowobys defensive speed...

And I 100% agree with Jimmys philosophy..you have to win 2 of 3 phases of the game to be successful. Cowobys offense and special were head and shoulders above the Giants....defense IMHO was a split, but ill give you the GIants D.....we still win.

Game Over!

You and all the Giant fans put Parcells on a pedastal because of one reason.

He was the best thing to happen to that team since the 1950's.....the Giants did jack crap for what? 20 something years???? Parcells is and was a just above average coach....thats is all.
I wouldn't go there my friend. The Giants are a more successful franchise than your beloved cowgirls. We have more championships (nfl championships and SBs combined), more total victories, more HOFers, more great head coaches, we invented the gatorade splash, the td spike, the football that your team plays with was named after our owner...shall I continue? Only the Packers and Bears can talk big about success in comparison to the Giants. So keep dreaming about Jimmy's jock....thats all you got.

And the Giants defense would stop your offense. The Redskins HOGs of the 80s were at the very least near equal to your line. They also won 3 championships (with 3 different qbs I might add which makes them even more impressive). And the Giants spanked that line, what makes you think yours would be any different? And yes, our offense wasn't that best ever, but it wasn't poor either. You had no one who could cover Bavaro, we had a great run attack. And Simms is not much different from Aikman, Aikman just had a better surrounding cast. Didn't Simms post the best qb rating in SB history? Right....but I guess our offense wasn't that great right? Especially when he did it against the 2nd ranked defense in the NFL that season? Right... Wait...but how about the spanking he put on the 49ers in the playoffs 49-3, against a defense that was in the top 5 in the league? Right....

And Charles Haley? He couldn't touch Simms when he was with the Niners, what makes you think he would when he was aged/slower with the Cowboys?

You need to stop arguing with people Tex. You get owned in every single thread you try. Its flat out embarrassing.
__________________
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:25 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Eugene
Posts: 6,835
Reputation: 10364
duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
I disagree...sure he should have made those kicks but if you live and die by playing low scoring close to the vest football like Parcells plays you will get burned eventually. And he did......never put your team in a postion to rely on a kicker! Sure sometimes it happens, but in Parcells case ....all too often!
Yeah! Let's switch to the run & shoot!! That way we can give up 20 point leads over the course of 10 minutes!!
Tex, get over it. Parcells is one of the greatest coaches this game has seen. For some reason, I trust his game-management philosophy a bit more than yours.
No! Lets play some balanced Football ala Jimmy Johnson! I am over it, now I want to see him do something than win 4 more games in the same time period as Gailey and Campo.....thats all he has done is win 4 MORE GAMES IN THREE YEARS! Its time to put up or shut up! You people are just living off his reputation that is so so so long ago! In fact before most of your were born, or very young. He had some success with the Giants in the 80's, sqeaked by a better Bills team (missed field goal, case in point) and you think hes god. Please.....
Umm...he put together arguably the greatest 3-4 defense ever in 86, won the SB in 90 with a BACKUP QB AND RB (forget the missed FG, we had our backup QB and RB in the game and STILL WON), took a 1-15 Jets team to the AFC championship, took a doormat Pats team to the SB, and now he's taken a Dallas team that was the laughing stock of the NFC and built them into a team that will contend for a championship well after he retires.
Exactly what I would have said. Just like to add that he did all this with completely different personnel each time. The one common denominator for all 4 of those teams was Parcells. That says alot. He has proven himself more so than any other coach, IMO.

On the other hand, Jimmy Johnson really hasn't. I don't say this to knock Jimmy. I always liked him. Think about it though. How much of the Cowboys success can really be attributed to Jimmy's coaching prowess?

Doesn't anybody remember the all-star cast of assistants he had? How could ANY Head Coach not win Super Bowls with the amount of talent/tutelage those Cowboys teams had? The fact that Jimmy did absolutely nothing in Miami while posting a 26-21 record (with one of the best offenses in football, and he's supposed to be some defensive genius) further discredits his "greatness". Who followed Jimmy in Miami? Oh yeah, his former D-coordinator in Dallas- Dave Wannstedt. He happened to go 65-40 during his stint with Miami. Much of it without Dan Marino.

Look, I like Jimmy as much as the next guy, but I'm not gonna let that cloud my judgement. To put him on the same level as one of footballs all-time greats is laughable. No coach in the history of the game has proven himself quite like Parcells has. Everywhere he goes, he turns grapes into wine. And he does it in short order. Recognize his resume, and give the man his due.
__________________
duckseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:36 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,973
Reputation: 6046785
njx9 has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Well, there was a special on tv, don't remember the shows name, but they were showing special teamers, and for 10 minutes it was about Vinatieri and Hunter Smith. It was all about how Vinatieri likes to kick with an unusual amount of lean on his kicks, which he discovered experimenting around with Hunter Smith. Jesus I'm tired of arguing with you about something as trivial as the amount of lean that he likes to kick with. Please enlighten me as to what I've posted that is incorrect because I would love to hear it.

If you have enough time to read through all my posts, then you really need to get a life. :roll:
i just showed you several examples of why you're completely incorrect. further, i tend to read an inordinate number of your posts because i MODERATE A FEW OF THESE BOARDS. that means i have to watch the threads for things that need to be locked/deleted. that's sort of my job here. to read all the NFL/Draft/Mock board threads. so feel free to pm Ward and D and Xio and tell them to get lives too. i'm sure they'll appreciate it straight to deleteing your account.

again, feel free to never post on any of the aforementioned boards again until you're able to display at least one iota of general football knowledge. saying "i heard on some tv show once" is NOT, oddly enough, credible sourcing, and actually makes your argument far weaker when the other person shows you direct, first hand evidence of you being wrong.

if you're not going to say anything worthwhile in response, please do me a favor and just stop clicking the link to this board.
Sorry, but I believe what Vinatieri says himself about how he kicks more than any of the "evidence" you've presented. Yes most kickers kick with some lean, we agree on that point, but Vinatieri likes a little more, and I don't see why this point is so important to you that you feel the need to have this long of a debate about it.
because you have yet to be right about a single thing in this debate. so as long as you say things like "your evidence sucks, but my hearsay clearly proves that ..." i'm going to tell you what an awful argument that is.

the fact is, you still don't have any idea what you're talking about and yet you continue talking. as long as you do so, i'm going loudly let you know that you don't know anything about sports in general. *shrug*
You still did not answer my question about why this is so important to you that you feel the need to debate. If you disagree alright then, but don't question my knowledge of sports. What have you contributed to this topic? Jack *********** thats what. You think people don't know that Vanderjagt is the most accurate kicker in the NFL? If stats were all that mattered we wouldn't be having this discussion now would we? So thank you for reminding us all of a stat we had already heard of. BTW the go sit in the corner insult or whatever that is isn't as funny now that you've used it multiple times. Your attempts at humor are kind of sad, but if you really want to continue to try, please go ahead.
*yawn*

all right, then let me question your lack of ability to debate anything. you've been proven wrong. this isn't a disagreement in any way, shape or form. this is just you. being wrong. period.

i've visually demonstrated that you're wrong. you've given absolutely no evidence to dispute anything that's been said, and you haven't even done anything to support your position. in truth, it's not really relelvant to me what the debate is about because the simple fact of the matter is that you a) don't know what you're talking about, b) don't have the faintest clue how to effectively argue a position and c) have done this enough times across the forum that i've decided to call you out on it.

i will absolutely question your sports knowledge until you at least vaguely demonstrate that you do in fact have some. again. you've been proven wrong here. be a man, admit it and move on. the more you sit here and whine about "someone told you some stuff about something so i'm right and we just disagree" the worse it all looks. again, the fact is that i've proven, with evidence that's freely available on google images, that you've not got the faintest clue what you're talking about.

and again, being that it's sort of my job to look through almost every thread on this board, i'm going to notice 98% of your posts. when they look this bad, and when you fail to argue anything effectively, i will call you out on every single one.

the "go sit in the corner" thing is really not an insult. you can think of it as a sort of plea, as in, get away from your keyboard before you say anything else to weaken your own position in this or any other argument.

lastly: stats are all i've contributed? oh, right, i must've missed the general annoyance with board members in thinking that kicking in a dome, in a tied game is "clutch". beyond that, it seems like most board users DIDN'T know about vandy's kick pct. as most of them would, for whatever bizarre reason, rather have a guy who missed 50% of his kicks from 30-39 yards just three seasons ago.

but hey, tell me about stats again. it'd be fun to prove you wrong about something else and then see you go on for 17 pages about how it's "just a disagreement" and that you can think the world is made of snow if you want to. :roll:
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:27 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,803
Reputation: 497257
RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Wow this thread has brought out two at your throat arguments. :| Wy cant everyone get along? Or at least have an argument without insulting people! :roll:
__________________

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:39 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,973
Reputation: 6046785
njx9 has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
Wow this thread has brought out two at your throat arguments. :| Wy cant everyone get along? Or at least have an argument without insulting people! :roll:
was the mr. rogers show good today? i must've missed it.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:44 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,803
Reputation: 497257
RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
Wow this thread has brought out two at your throat arguments. :| Wy cant everyone get along? Or at least have an argument without insulting people! :roll:
was the mr. rogers show good today? i must've missed it.
Haha thats exactly wat i mean you just attacked me that is wy sometimes this site you dont want to express your opinion about a player or something cause ur afraid of getting ganged by a bunch guys who think differently. Do u think ur cool by putting me down?
__________________

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.