Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:19 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular
The Jets were at #10 last year?!?!?!? I forgot how many Jets fans we had here last year...
They were at 10 because they were 10-6 (tied for 7th best record in the NFL) in 2004 and beat the 12-4 Chargers in the playoffs.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:44 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its an A because we did it
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:41 PM    (permalink
narf029
Rookie

narf029 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.narf029 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have individual questions on some teams, but I won't let my opinion on 2 or 3 teams take away from the overall quality here, good job yall.
narf029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:36 PM    (permalink
President
Rookie

President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good, i'd say B+ overall.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalBears99
that's TERRIBLE. I'm sorry, but no one in their right mind would think the redskins will do that poorly.
FAs can't buy wins. Most fans realize by now that the way to win is through the draft.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Hyphii Kid

Niners aren't the worst
Old 07-21-2006, 09:46 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why was hyphii kid banned?

I gave it a B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah, Philly at 17th with the 3rd best QB in the league
Old 07-25-2006, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All you have to do is look at last year's results.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:24 PM    (permalink
raiderfan_89
Pro Bowler

raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.

I still think the Ravens are gonna upset the Begals and Steelers,with Steelers in 2nd and the Bengals in 3rd in that division.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:45 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So do I.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:26 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, I'm sort of afraid because every time a Seattle team is actually given their credit, they don't live up to expectations (unless they're the Washington Huskies). But of course, considering they're figuring on getting back to the Super Bowl, I guess this might be enough of an undershoot.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:12 PM    (permalink

Default Re: Complete NFLDC Power Rankings (and subsequent draft orde

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular
Just over a month after we started this site-wide project, we have now completed it. There have been some controversies about some positions, but that's life. This is the draft order and power rankings that you as a board have come up with. It is recommended that you use this draft order in any 2007 mock drafts just to keep a little continuity and to keep those pesky "My team should be picking at 32!!!" comments away. Obviously you are free to use any draft order you like, but this has the NFLDC Board Stamp since it was the people who decided this. So without further ado, here it is!

32. San Francisco 49ers
31. Buffalo Bills
30. New York Jets
29. Tennessee Titans
28. New Orleans Saints
27. Houston Texans
26. Oakland Raiders (yes, predicted to have the 7th pick for 3 straight years)
25. Detroit Lions
24. Minnesota Vikings
23. Green Bay Packers
22. St. Louis Rams
21. Cleveland Browns
20. Arizona Cardinals
19. San Diego Chargers
18. Baltimore Ravens
17. Philadelphia Eagles
16. Atlanta Falcons
15. Washington Redskins
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
13. Miami Dolphins
12. Kansas City Chiefs
11. Jacksonville Jaguars
10. New England Patriots
9. New York Giants
8. Dallas Cowboys
7. Chicago Bears
6. Cincinnati Bengals
5. Denver Broncos
4. Indianapolis Colts
3. Seattle Seahawks
2. Pittsburgh Steelers
1. Carolina Panthers
to high i think
Old 07-27-2006, 11:57 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

with baltimore i think they will do better because at the time of this Mcnair was still a titan not a raven so i think this puts them alot higher

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cincy is 2 high...and so is Carolina

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:44 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16
i agree about cincy but care to explain about carolina?
Old 07-29-2006, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:

care to guess??

A fan of the USF Bulls
Old 08-01-2006, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:

care to guess??
guess ur not guessing??

A fan of the USF Bulls
Old 08-02-2006, 01:12 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am i the only one who thinks the stealers wont be better than they were last year? I dont think they'll make the playoffs.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

miami should be higher with Cpepper practicing already but oh wells, I would rather be an underdog. Pats should drop for their poor offseason, Chiefs need to drop because of the loss of Roaf too. Their Running game just took a crash.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:16 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

People need to understand that this isn't necessarily predicting how the teams will finish at the end of the year. These are power rankings, which basically are ranking the teams based on what we know right now. Of course someone like Baltimore, Miami, Washington, etc. could end up winning the Super Bowl, but based on last year and what we know right now it would be silly to rank them that high.

They're preseason power rankings, not end of year predictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
People need to understand that this isn't necessarily predicting how the teams will finish at the end of the year. These are power rankings, which basically are ranking the teams based on what we know right now. Of course someone like Baltimore, Miami, Washington, etc. could end up winning the Super Bowl, but based on last year and what we know right now it would be silly to rank them that high.

What we know right now is that around 8 new teams will make the playoffs, it happens every year. Basing power rankings on last year performance never works because the NFL uses schedules to make sure that 8 new teams will make the playoffs.
For instance, the NFC North, the worst division in pro football, played the AFC North and the NFC South last year, and both of those conferences produced a lot of playoff teams as a result. The NFC North doesn't play those 2 conferences this year, and as a result there could be fewer playoff teams coming from those 2 conferences. The NFC North instead plays the AFC East and the NFC West, so you might expect to see these 2 conferences produce more playoff teams. On the other hand, the AFC North play the AFC West and the NFC South, so the conference may only produce 1 playoff team. The NFC South may also only see 1 playoff team as they now play the AFC North and the NFC East. That's how the system works.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian
Quote:

What we know right now is that around 8 new teams will make the playoffs, it happens every year. Basing power rankings on last year performance never works because the NFL uses schedules to make sure that 8 new teams will make the playoffs.
For instance, the NFC North, the worst division in pro football, played the AFC North and the NFC South last year, and both of those conferences produced a lot of playoff teams as a result. The NFC North doesn't play those 2 conferences this year, and as a result there could be fewer playoff teams coming from those 2 conferences. The NFC North instead plays the AFC East and the NFC West, so you might expect to see these 2 conferences produce more playoff teams. On the other hand, the AFC North play the AFC West and the NFC South, so the conference may only produce 1 playoff team. The NFC South may also only see 1 playoff team as they now play the AFC North and the NFC East. That's how the system works.

wow...I didn't no it worked like that...and besides...the people who voted this voted teams who were already good...no creativity

A fan of the USF Bulls
Old 08-04-2006, 02:13 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:

Of course, but like I said, we're ranking these teams based off what we know right now. I don't think anyone expects all of the top 12 teams in our power ranking to make the playoffs, but at this point they certainly have more of an argument than teams like Cleveland, Tennessee, and Houston. Any of those teams could make the playoffs, but right now it would be silly to rank them over more proven teams. This is a power ranking, not a prediction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Of course, but like I said, we're ranking these teams based off what we know right now. I don't think anyone expects all of the top 12 teams in our power ranking to make the playoffs, but at this point they certainly have more of an argument than teams like Cleveland, Tennessee, and Houston. Any of those teams could make the playoffs, but right now it would be silly to rank them over more proven teams. This is a power ranking, not a prediction.
Actually if you examine their schedules, a lot of teams that made the playoffs are very unlikely to repeat. Their power rankings were based on playing Divisions like the NFC North, teams they won't face this coming year. They have little prospect of returning to the playoffs, otherwise you might as well just post last year's standings as your power rankings if your not making any predictions. Since 8 of the 12 playoff teams won't make the playoffs as reality has shown, there are very few arguments that would support these power rankings.