Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
Evans is not underrated. Our O-Line coach said he wouldn't trade Evans for any O-lineman in the league. He got nothing but praise last year for his play.

MM is not overrated. He's a top 10 CB in this league.Charles Grant might be a little overrated. He disappears for games at a time.
So because Evans OL coach recognizes his talents means he isn't underrated? Really don't get the logic there. Top 10 CB? Sure.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears

Overrated-
Devin Hester-is he a great returner? yes. But he is not god in a football uniform. Some people think hed be great no matter what. I think our ST unit helped him out alot more than most believe.

Lance Briggs- One of the youngest brightest stars, but also our system helps him out tremendously, along with playing next to one of the best middle linebackers in the game. Again hes a great talent but there are many other factors that consider into how hes so good.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't see how VY is overrated, anyone with half a brain will agree he has a way to go before he is a consistent passing threat in the NFL. Everything else about his game IMO is rated about right - if anything his rushing was severely underrated coming into the league last season and he proved a lot of people wrong with it.

I would have went with Haynesworth or Bulluck first by a long shot - Haynesworth because he only shows up 6-8 games a season (either via injury or because his effort drops off), and Bulluck because he is a one dimensional player when it comes to actual football - great leadership and good coverage skills, but so-so against the run and often taken out easily by a blocker.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
So because Evans OL coach recognizes his talents means he isn't underrated? Really don't get the logic there. Top 10 CB? Sure.
Obviously chose not to read the part about him getting praise all year. Not just from our staff.

A 4th round pick rookie who started every single game and should have gone to the pro bowl is not underrated.

You can make the argument for MM being a top 10 CB. Probably #10 but still top 10. He's a good man-to-man CB.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahaha...I remember when Keak used to say that McKenzie was a top #10 CB. It's just as stupid now as it was then.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Hahaha...I remember when Keak used to say that McKenzie was a top #10 CB. It's just as stupid now as it was then.
He's definately in the 10-15 range in my opinion. There aren't a whole lot of really standout corners in the league.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have to sit down and think about it, but I don't think I'd put him in my top 25.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'd have to sit down and think about it, but I don't think I'd put him in my top 25.
That is very, very funny.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off Michael Vick was overrated back in '04. He is no longer overrated, if you understand what that term actually means.

Falcons:

Over - Warrick Dunn
Under - Michael Boley

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
First off Michael Vick was overrated back in '04. He is no longer overrated, if you understand what that term actually means.

Falcons:

Over - Warrick Dunn
Under - Michael Boley
Very true. More and more people have come to the realization that Vick is just not as good as originally advertised.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way for Michael Vick to be "overrated," by definition, is if someone actually considered him a very good passer.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
Obviously chose not to read the part about him getting praise all year. Not just from our staff.

A 4th round pick rookie who started every single game and should have gone to the pro bowl is not underrated.

You can make the argument for MM being a top 10 CB. Probably #10 but still top 10. He's a good man-to-man CB.
And who was praising him? The coaching staff and Saints fans? I very rarely see Evans mentioned by anyone else.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cullen Jenkins is definitely a good pick for most underrated on the Packers.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
And who was praising him? The coaching staff and Saints fans? I very rarely see Evans mentioned by anyone else.
You have to be an insider to read the entire thing and I could post what it says about Evans but I won't. If you're an insider you can read it.

Looks like i'm not the only one who's noticed Evans played will and made the transition to the NFL quite easily.

You don't watch enough Saints football to really understand how he's not underrated.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/columns...len&id=2706011

Quote:
Any other year he likely would have been the crown jewel of the Saints' rookie class, a 16-game starter who made the difficult transition from small-college left tackle at Bloomsburg (Pa.) to NFL right guard for the NFC South Division champions.

But because he has been a standout this particular season, which continues Sunday against Chicago in the NFC championship game, some of his work has been buried under the pile created by the accolades of Reggie Bush and Marques Colston, hidden from view like . . . well, like a lineman who gets buried and hidden from view under the pile -- unless he's guilty of doing something that'll get him yelled at by his head coach.
http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index...460.xml&coll=1

Quote:
Evans was, after all, the 108th overall selection in the draft, and just the second Division 2 player to be taken.
It has been a rather interesting road to the NFL. During his days at Frankford, Evans missed his junior season with a broken leg, but he recovered to help lead the Pioneers to the Public League championship game. Frankford lost to George Washington.
Because he missed time with the injury, Evans never landed that Division 1 scholarship he was aiming for. He did go to Bloomsburg, where he became a star as a red-shirt freshman.
Upon his selection in the pro draft, it didnít take Evans long to get noticed by the Saints coaching staff. He was penciled in as the starting right guard prior to the teamís first preseason game. He has been in that slot ever since.
Quote:
Evans is enjoying the ride, but heís also one of the captains of this ship.
"We have a great team, a really good team with a lot of talented players," said Evans. "Drew Brees is a huge reason for the success. We have a good line, great running backs, good receivers and, of course, a great defense and great coaches."
http://www.northeasttimes.com/2007/0104/saint.html

Quote:
SMALL-SCHOOL SAINTS: The New Orleans Saints scored big with draft picks from small schools last season, landing two rookie starters who didn't play major college football.

The Saints went back to the bushes again Sunday, taking tackle Jermon Bushrod of Division I-AA Towson in the fourth round and cornerback David Jones from Division II Wingate in the fifth round.

Last year, New Orleans found guard Jahri Evans from Division II Bloomsburg and receiver Marques Colston from I-AA Hofstra and both were prominent players on one of the NFL's best offenses.

Evans started every game and Colston led the team with 1,038 yards receiving and 11 touchdown catches.
http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/story.cfm/story/577794

Quote:
Both Evans and Colston hail from small colleges -- Evans went to Division II Bloomsburg while Colston played at I-AA Hofstra -- but managed to make seemingly seamless transitions to the highest level of football. Colston's quick emergence played a role in the Saints' decision to trade Donte' Stallworth, the team's leading receiver a year ago, to the Eagles towards the end of the preseason.
http://www.wnbc.com/nfl/9832640/detail.html
Old 06-04-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not the first to say it, and not the last, but god damnit Colston had such a ridiculously great season for a 7th round rookie.

Overrated: I might have to say Nick Hardwick here; he made the Pro Bowl and is a great center, but he gets pushed around by some of the bigger defensive tackles. I think without Goff and Dielman right next to him he'd be having a much tougher time.

Underrated: Shaun Phillips, just because he plays opposite of Merriman. He's one of the slickest pass rushers I've seen in a while.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree the Green Bay one

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
J52
Rookie

J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
Bears

Overrated-
Devin Hester-is he a great returner? yes. But he is not god in a football uniform. Some people think hed be great no matter what. I think our ST unit helped him out alot more than most believe.

Lance Briggs- One of the youngest brightest stars, but also our system helps him out tremendously, along with playing next to one of the best middle linebackers in the game. Again hes a great talent but there are many other factors that consider into how hes so good.
Mainstream, yea, Hester is overrated. But people who understand the game don't follow hype. If you watch ESPN then you are going to think he is indeed God, if you analyze football then you understand he is the most explosive player in the league, yet one of the least intelligent, thusly limiting his potential at any offensive or defensive position.
J52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
J52
Rookie

J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Dolphins-
Overrated: Chris Chambers. God is it a pain to watch him, can't catch a damned thing that goes his way. People think he is great because he has an incredible ability to make athletic catches, but a ball delivered to him perfectly drops to the ground more often then not.

Underrated:
a. Zach Thomas- Not so much that people don't think he is great, just everybody who mentions him says he has lost a step. In reality, he was never athletic or fast and never had that step to begin with. He is a 90% intelligence player. He has gotten better with age.
b. Daunte- People say he is done, I say that you can't expect a scramble first quarterback to do better then 82 QB rating(which is still damned good for post-marino era Dolphins) without his legs. Last year was as irrelevant to his evaluation as dancing with the stars was to Jerry Rice's recieving career.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I don't think it's a matter of intelligence, he just hasn't developed a skill set for a specific position. His field vision is very good, which is why he's more of an elusive returner than a pure blazer.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J52 View Post
Mainstream, yea, Hester is overrated. But people who understand the game don't follow hype. If you watch ESPN then you are going to think he is indeed God, if you analyze football then you understand he is the most explosive player in the league, yet one of the least intelligent, thusly limiting his potential at any offensive or defensive position.
Im curious why you think he lacks intelligence. He isn't the most eloquent person but that has little to do with football smarts. Im biased as a Bears fan but his hesitation on the Giants FG return was purely improvised and absolutely brilliant.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my picks

underrated:
aaron smith is imo top 5 all around de's in the league. he can rush the passer and play the run. without him the linebackers or porter wouldnt have done squat.

honerable mention:
larry foote
nobody is givin him praise really when he consistantly is the best linebacker we have. he dont get the tackles like farrior or he dont get the sacks like porter use too, but he is very consistant and is a great player

overrated:
id have to say faneca just because he is a punk who is quittin on his teamates now

honerable mention:
it kills me to say this cuz i love the dude but i have to say ben
Old 06-04-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
my picks

underrated:
aaron smith is imo top 5 all around de's in the league. he can rush the passer and play the run. without him the linebackers or porter wouldnt have done squat.

honerable mention:
larry foote
nobody is givin him praise really when he consistantly is the best linebacker we have. he dont get the tackles like farrior or he dont get the sacks like porter use too, but he is very consistant and is a great player

overrated:
id have to say faneca just because he is a punk who is quittin on his teamates now

honerable mention:
it kills me to say this cuz i love the dude but i have to say ben
I disagree on Ben. Marvel Smith, Kendall Simmons, Heck Ced Wilson is even more overrated than Ben.. I'd say Ben is rated around where he should be.. But underappreciated.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
J52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
Im curious why you think he lacks intelligence. He isn't the most eloquent person but that has little to do with football smarts. Im biased as a Bears fan but his hesitation on the Giants FG return was purely improvised and absolutely brilliant.
B/C I have talked to him in person and been around him. I've also heard from word of mouth that he isn't very intelligent either.

His vision is top notch and his instincts are as well. But he gets confused with playbooks and by opposing defenses/offenses very easily.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

how do u think Hester is overrated? No1 considers him a great CB or WR..they consider him a great returnman..which is what he is
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Keisel is extremely underrated. He's a really solid 3-4 end. But as good as Seymour? No way.

And I don't know why stats are being discussed. Sure, they can tell a little bit, but they cannot dictate who is the better player. Stats in football are not like stats in baseball, as many know. Stats are even less important for a 3-4 end, who has a large responsibility with eating up blockers, and freeing up lanes for backers, two things that the league obviously doesn't have a stat for. Like I said, Keisel is a good player, definitely underappreciated, but he's not in Seymour's class.

Oh, and for the Ravens, I'd probably say something like:

Overrated: Mike Flynn, Center

He's become dreadful at the center position, and I think some fans outside of Baltimore think he is good because he's rated well in Madden. I like the guy but he's been consistently getting worse and all I can say is thank god for Chris Chester who should be our starting center next year.

Underrated: Mark Clayton, Wide Receiver

I've flip-flopped a bit on who our most underrated player is. I think it could be any number of players. Trevor Pryce, Kelly Gregg, and Bart Scott are all guys that don't get the respect they deserve. But I'm going with Mark Clayton. In my opinion he is definitely the top receiver from the 2005 draft class, but I hear alot more talk about Braylon Edwards, who's been somewhat of a dissapointment for the #3 pick. Clayton really stepped up his game after a solid rookie year, putting up 67 grabs, almost 1000 yards, and 5 TD's. In my eyes he was our top target, and he got it done on the deep routes as well as short and intermediate. I feel he's going to take his game even farther in 2007.

Last edited by dcarey20 : 06-04-2007 at 08:03 PM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote