Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 04-10-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
because Henry did nothing at UofA and i expect he will do nothing in the pros, just a work out warrior

the only reason i want AD prospects like him don't come along very often, and even when they do how often are we gonna be in position to grab one
But you simply don't take a good prospect because he's good. That'd be like us taking Calvin Johnson if he fell to us. RB is not a position of need, and there is nothing wrong with us filling a need if Gaines Adams or LaRon Landry is there.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel RB is more of a position need than DE

we have Berry & Chike + A. Smith proved he is quality back up & this draft is deep at DE & next years is godly at DE if a lot of the players declare

QB really wasn't a need last year but we took Leinart and that seems to be working great

but just so everyones clear i want AD only if Thomas is gone
Old 04-10-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I feel RB is more of a position need than DE

we have Berry & Chike + A. Smith proved he is quality back up & this draft is deep at DE & next years is godly at DE if a lot of the players declare

QB really wasn't a need last year but we took Leinart and that seems to be working great

but just so everyones clear i want AD only if Thomas is gone
What do you mean QB wasn't a need? We had Kurt Warner and our back-up was Josh McCown. You think we didn't need a starting, franchise QB? Berry gets injured every year, and Okeafor is an average DE. What if 2 DE's get injured, now what?

BoneKrusher
Old 04-10-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm in agreement with Jensen here, although I'm hoping this argument will be inconsiquential in the end as I really just want Thomas.

@ Fenikz: if next's years class of DE is stronger than this years i'll be amazed. Your argument doesn't hold up well there, as the junior running backs next year are off the scale.

AD isn't the once in the lifetime prospect your making him out to be. Bush was clearly better, and it was just 2 years ago 3 were taken in the top 5. He has clear durability issues and on top of that is not in anyway a need

You have extremely ambitious aims on how much we run. If Peterson gets 15-20 and James gets 20-25 how many passes does Leinart throw? 10? I'm sure the best wide recieving corps in the league would appreciate that.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only rb we needs is a power rb and that can be had in the later rounds, i think we can try and make a run at Leonard the FB, we signed one i know but that cant really be a solution, and Leonard might might fall to the second.

If we get JT hooray, but i would rather prefer JS,
Also DE is a bigger need after OT, Just say NO to gaines adams, he is a pass rusher, but he can in no way stop the run like our current big DEs. I think Jamaal Anderson is a better pick, or we wait for the Second or Third round to pick Almac Francis(SP) now that guy is a beast.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna go off topic, but do you guys know why Phoenix was built the way it was as a massive, sprawling monster rather then a traditional city?
Old 04-11-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NO google it you clown use wikipedia
Old 04-12-2007, 04:35 AM    (permalink
RedAttack
Rookie

RedAttack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianWilson12 View Post
You have extremely ambitious aims on how much we run. If Peterson gets 15-20 and James gets 20-25 how many passes does Leinart throw? 10? I'm sure the best wide recieving corps in the league would appreciate that.
According to Whiz, we will be running the ball 58-60% of the time. I like Marcel Shipp, but I don't know if we can rely on him (from a production and health perspective) to carry the ball 200+ times this year.

I think Adrian Peterson is a real possibility at #5.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAttack View Post
According to Whiz, we will be running the ball 58-60% of the time. I like Marcel Shipp, but I don't know if we can rely on him (from a production and health perspective) to carry the ball 200+ times this year.

I think Adrian Peterson is a real possibility at #5.
It may be a bigger possibility than I want to believe, but the fact is I'll be one annoyed fan if we draft Peterson.

Just because we are going to run the ball all that time doesn't mean we need another running back. At Pittsburgh they got by almost exclusively with Parker, who was a undrafted free agent. Whiz could be on the lookout for a guy of a similar mould.

We could select Leonard or Lynch if they drop in the top of the 2nd, I'd have no problem with that.

Alternitively we could get by this year by burning out James. Then next year select a RB in a amazing draft class of RB's next year.

There is 3 alterntives to selecting Peterson, all of which would allow for a improvement on defence or the oline, (which would help the running attack anyway). Running back is a overrated position, 1 elite back is good enough for any team.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

We should run the three rb system like the eagles did that one year, that is an amzing system
Old 04-24-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When is Boldin a FA, and do you see the Cards re-signing him? That would be a lot of money tied up in the WR position.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin is a FA in 2010 but he will probally get a contract extension in a couple years and i hope that he is a life time cardinal
Old 04-24-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
kris k
Rookie

kris k hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Boldin is a FA in 2010 but he will probally get a contract extension in a couple years and i hope that he is a life time cardinal

I second this notion Boldin is probably the best all around reciever in my homerish opinion.
kris k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
I'd much rather have Boldin than Fitz, and I would hope he gets a contract extension before 2010.

BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

didnt he get one last year, he probably will get one like in 09 or 10 depeding on age and production just like any WRs
Old 06-04-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Anyone see that video of Wilson having a 66 inch Vert jump, youtube it
If he can do taht why dont they give him a madden rating of 100 for jumping
Old 06-04-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
It's been around for awhile.

The Madden ratings are so far off, I don't even bother with them.

BoneKrusher
Old 06-05-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I think they go by the scouting numbers
Old 06-09-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I spoke with Levi Brown the other day and he informed me he has been working out with the 2nd team OL at RT. He told me he's a little upset because he'd prefer to play LT but realizes with Leinart being a lefty it's the more important position on the right side.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Tackle is important which ever side it is blind side or face side its pretty important protecting him from the DE's
Old 06-23-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

so now that it is clear that Huff is not comming back, anyone see either Hayes being moved over, even if he is good in the middle. Blackstock and Pace are going to battle it out for the olb position I think Blackstock might win
Old 07-04-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

wow the off season sucks
Old 07-15-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
its not a VERTICAL jump, he got a running start, im sure you know the difference...a 66 inch vertical is next to unhuman, 40 inches + is pretty special, but its a big difference between running start and vertical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
jared
Veteran

jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
its not a VERTICAL jump, he got a running start, im sure you know the difference...a 66 inch vertical is next to unhuman, 40 inches + is pretty special, but its a big difference between running start and vertical
Moreover, it's a difference between a hurdle (i.e. lifting ones legs to clear an obstacle) and actual distance between maximum standing reach and vertical jumping reach (football vertical). For example here is High Jump gold medalist Stefan Holm (5'11) routinely clearing hurdles that are just about his height (~71.3 inches): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVZ3ZcorTF0
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

woo the cardinals are going to the superbowl !!!!