Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2006, 07:30 AM    (permalink
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
What is that over?
huh?
Is that career, last 4 years, what?
career would be unfair to Tiki so it was last 4 years for the TDs and Yards per season.
Well, let's do it over the past two seasons, as they are the most recent and are the years Portis was out of that godly Denver running game.

Carries per fumble:

Portis: 86

Barber: 113

TD per Carry:

Portis: 43

Barber: 30

Carry per Carry 20+ yards:

Ports: 63

Barber: 30

YPC:

Portis: 4.05

Barber: 4.95

TD/Season:

Portis: 8

Barber: 11

Age:

Portis

Barber

Yards per Season:

Portis: 1415

Barber: 1689

As you can see, over the past two years, it hasn't even been close. This isn't even counting receiving stats, where Barber has practically doubled Portis' numbers.

Like I said, Portis gets the edge in age, and that's about it.
Good post. Tiki has been better than Portis the last couple of seasons when their lines have been similar as opposed to how much better Denvers run offense was than the Giants. Portis is the better long term back because he has more years left in him.
People just throw the fact that Portis was in a power running system out the window dont they......
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:32 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 23,098
Reputation: 487699
Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
What is that over?
huh?
Is that career, last 4 years, what?
career would be unfair to Tiki so it was last 4 years for the TDs and Yards per season.
Well, let's do it over the past two seasons, as they are the most recent and are the years Portis was out of that godly Denver running game.

Carries per fumble:

Portis: 86

Barber: 113

TD per Carry:

Portis: 43

Barber: 30

Carry per Carry 20+ yards:

Ports: 63

Barber: 30

YPC:

Portis: 4.05

Barber: 4.95

TD/Season:

Portis: 8

Barber: 11

Age:

Portis

Barber

Yards per Season:

Portis: 1415

Barber: 1689

As you can see, over the past two years, it hasn't even been close. This isn't even counting receiving stats, where Barber has practically doubled Portis' numbers.

Like I said, Portis gets the edge in age, and that's about it.
Good post. Tiki has been better than Portis the last couple of seasons when their lines have been similar as opposed to how much better Denvers run offense was than the Giants. Portis is the better long term back because he has more years left in him.
People just throw the fact that Portis was in a power running system out the window dont they......
I don't get that argument. Can't you say that Larry Johnson was in a power running system.
__________________
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:37 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,592
Reputation: 5546
art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default

It's Portis by far for me.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:51 AM    (permalink
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
What is that over?
huh?
Is that career, last 4 years, what?
career would be unfair to Tiki so it was last 4 years for the TDs and Yards per season.
Well, let's do it over the past two seasons, as they are the most recent and are the years Portis was out of that godly Denver running game.

Carries per fumble:

Portis: 86

Barber: 113

TD per Carry:

Portis: 43

Barber: 30

Carry per Carry 20+ yards:

Ports: 63

Barber: 30

YPC:

Portis: 4.05

Barber: 4.95

TD/Season:

Portis: 8

Barber: 11

Age:

Portis

Barber

Yards per Season:

Portis: 1415

Barber: 1689

As you can see, over the past two years, it hasn't even been close. This isn't even counting receiving stats, where Barber has practically doubled Portis' numbers.

Like I said, Portis gets the edge in age, and that's about it.
Good post. Tiki has been better than Portis the last couple of seasons when their lines have been similar as opposed to how much better Denvers run offense was than the Giants. Portis is the better long term back because he has more years left in him.
People just throw the fact that Portis was in a power running system out the window dont they......
I don't get that argument. Can't you say that Larry Johnson was in a power running system.

The argument is that portis is not built for a power running game, its the complete opposite of his ablities yet he still did a good job.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:27 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LakerLand
Posts: 13,130
Reputation: 628697
yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
What is that over?
huh?
Is that career, last 4 years, what?
career would be unfair to Tiki so it was last 4 years for the TDs and Yards per season.
Well, let's do it over the past two seasons, as they are the most recent and are the years Portis was out of that godly Denver running game.

Carries per fumble:

Portis: 86

Barber: 113

TD per Carry:

Portis: 43

Barber: 30

Carry per Carry 20+ yards:

Ports: 63

Barber: 30

YPC:

Portis: 4.05

Barber: 4.95

TD/Season:

Portis: 8

Barber: 11

Age:

Portis

Barber

Yards per Season:

Portis: 1415

Barber: 1689

As you can see, over the past two years, it hasn't even been close. This isn't even counting receiving stats, where Barber has practically doubled Portis' numbers.

Like I said, Portis gets the edge in age, and that's about it.
Good post. Tiki has been better than Portis the last couple of seasons when their lines have been similar as opposed to how much better Denvers run offense was than the Giants. Portis is the better long term back because he has more years left in him.
People just throw the fact that Portis was in a power running system out the window dont they......
I don't get that argument. Can't you say that Larry Johnson was in a power running system.

The argument is that portis is not built for a power running game, its the complete opposite of his ablities yet he still did a good job.
That just proves my point even further. Barber is even smaller than Portis and has done better in a power running scheme. Now just imagine what Barber would do in two years in Denver.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:34 PM    (permalink
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
What is that over?
huh?
Is that career, last 4 years, what?
career would be unfair to Tiki so it was last 4 years for the TDs and Yards per season.
Well, let's do it over the past two seasons, as they are the most recent and are the years Portis was out of that godly Denver running game.

Carries per fumble:

Portis: 86

Barber: 113

TD per Carry:

Portis: 43

Barber: 30

Carry per Carry 20+ yards:

Ports: 63

Barber: 30

YPC:

Portis: 4.05

Barber: 4.95

TD/Season:

Portis: 8

Barber: 11

Age:

Portis

Barber

Yards per Season:

Portis: 1415

Barber: 1689

As you can see, over the past two years, it hasn't even been close. This isn't even counting receiving stats, where Barber has practically doubled Portis' numbers.

Like I said, Portis gets the edge in age, and that's about it.
Good post. Tiki has been better than Portis the last couple of seasons when their lines have been similar as opposed to how much better Denvers run offense was than the Giants. Portis is the better long term back because he has more years left in him.
People just throw the fact that Portis was in a power running system out the window dont they......
I don't get that argument. Can't you say that Larry Johnson was in a power running system.

The argument is that portis is not built for a power running game, its the complete opposite of his ablities yet he still did a good job.
That just proves my point even further. Barber is even smaller than Portis and has done better in a power running scheme. Now just imagine what Barber would do in two years in Denver.
Um, barber plays in a cutback running scheme what are you talking about?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:40 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LakerLand
Posts: 13,130
Reputation: 628697
yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The majority of the Giants running plays are powers, traps, and counters. That's what I'm talking about.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 23,098
Reputation: 487699
Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

There is a difference between playing in a cutback running scheme, and a running back making cuts to avoid defenders. Tiki just has a knack for never taking a hard hit.
__________________
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:45 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LakerLand
Posts: 13,130
Reputation: 628697
yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
There is a difference between playing in a cutback running scheme, and a running back making cuts to avoid defenders. Tiki just has a knack for never taking a hard hit.
Exactly. The only scheme that can actually be designated as a "cutback" scheme is one with an emphasis in zone blocking.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California
Posts: 17,530
Reputation: 121499
Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

CP gets my vote.
__________________
Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.