Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2006, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Buc
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Buc
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
The Bears didn't have the benefit of an offense to support them last year. They scored points. They played with bad field position. And they were still the #1 defense in the league last year. They added Ricky Manning Jr and Dante Wesley to support at the corner position, they added Manning, Dvorack, Mark Anderson, and Jamar Williams to provide depth. This is with no disrespect to the other teams in the league with great defenses (Carolina, Pittsburgh, Washington) as I feel they are all better than the Bears as a total team, but nobody tops our defense, both starters and depth.
umm no they werent, the Bucs were.

and i have a feeling this board is anti-bucs(), 2 or 3 top 5 lists and the bucs arent in any? Wow...... :?
Oh stop it. The Bucs were first in yardage and that is only because the Bears put in their 3rd string against the Vikings in week 17. The Bears were still first in scoring (which is all that counts) even in spite of that. Any Bucs fan that actually asserts their defense was #1 without looking at the facts is just being a homer.
First in scoring is all that counts? So you can be first in scoring yet give up the most yards and it would matter? So you saying "first in scoring is all that matters" is false, and the bucs WERE the #1 defense last year.

I'll admit the Bears have a GREAT defense, just about everyone is a ballhawk but the bears haven't had their defense in the top 7 for 10 years straight. So I'd take Bucs defense over Bears defense any day of the week. Call me a homer all you want.
i believe this poll is wrong too, but i believe Carolina has the best D in the league. They have a stellar D line, a great group of corners. The only weakness is linebackers. Safeties arent all that great either.

Tampa's D is getting old, you know that. Yeah they still have some great players but they are aging. The Bears are the NEW Bucs. Not as talented, IMO as the Bucs back in the day. But none the less a great D.

my rankings
1 Carolina
2 Pittsburgh
3 Chicago
4 Washington
5 Tampa or Cowboys
Bearsfan123 is online now   Reply With Quote