Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 06-07-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Asante Samuel??

Seems mighty intruiging. Jets are reportedly willing to pay his request, but the Pats are gunna want too much, I can't see it happening, but the sports journalists' etc. seem to think it's much more plausible than I do..

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I thought they were going to offer something before the draft.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea, imagine that, we get Samuel and still had a first rounder...

I really, really can't see this happening, the pros, he's a terrific and perfect player for our system and worked with Mangini, but I mean the Cons are he's extremely expensive, from what I understand he will cost two first round draft picks as compensation to the Pats, and that Pats are not gunna wanna help the Jets out by any means necessary.

But again, all the artcles I'ves been reading seem to point in the direction that they will get him.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think this is a pipe dream even if someone really wrote about this. If something was gonna happen it would have happened. If it happens I will jizz my pants but I doubt it. Could you post the link to the article

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Joker

Asante is a really good corner, maybe becoming an elite corner, but while it is nice to think about him in Jets green, I think that the realistic best case scenario for us is that he holds out as long as possible (he says he won't report until Week 10!) and screws up the Pats d-backfield depth chart and performance.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Asante is a really good corner, maybe becoming an elite corner, but while it is nice to think about him in Jets green, I think that the realistic best case scenario for us is that he holds out as long as possible (he says he won't report until Week 10!) and screws up the Pats d-backfield depth chart and performance.
I agree with Joker completely on this one. Odds are we don't get him, especially after spending a first on Revis whom Mangini believes can be a shutdown guy. It just wouldn't make sense for either team at the moment. Therefore, as said, if he holds out for awhile I'd be pretty damn happy because it'd screw up the Pats quite a bit and improve our chances in the East.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

yaa im gonna have to agree with joker...although id love to have asante do not get me wrong, i 100% would not want him for two first rounders, which is what it seems the pats would ask for. Best case scenario is that he complains all year or until week 10; meaning we dont have to face him week 1 and hopefully exploit their dbacks as well as create a lot of negative attention to their organization for the second year in a row about a top player not willing to be paid. Which ideally could turn out to be top free agents taking a detour from foxboro and making their 1st stop in the meadowlands for a meeting.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Last edited by BroadwayJoe10 : 06-08-2007 at 06:10 PM.
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ive been thinking about that for awhile. free agents are going to start realizing the hard line the pats take on contracts and i see alot of people becoming unwilling to play for them.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:42 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
ive been thinking about that for awhile. free agents are going to start realizing the hard line the pats take on contracts and i see alot of people becoming unwilling to play for them.
Looking at their offseason this year, it doesn't seem like it's affected them all that much. I think they take the hard line more on their own players than they do on guys coming in, because they know at certain positions guys aren't that tough to replace in their system. But when they need something, they aren't afraid to go out and get it.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote