Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:46 AM    (permalink
johnnyjonesmich

The Jaguars have best defense according to NFL expert Scubbaman!
Followed by Redskins and Steelers.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:48 AM    (permalink

Carolina
Bears
Bucs
Redskins
Ravens
Old 08-02-2006, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

washington though I have a hard time giving it to anyone in the weak NFC
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79
The NFC will be as good, if not better, than the AFC this year. Think about all the teams that got worse in the AFC this year and all the teams that got better in the NFC. Things have changed drastically.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:49 PM    (permalink
scorchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79
The NFC will be as good, if not better, than the AFC this year. Think about all the teams that got worse in the AFC this year and all the teams that got better in the NFC. Things have changed drastically.
I will highly doubt that is going to happen. The NFC is still a weaker conference. Of course we won't know until the season is underway, but I just find it hard to believe it will happen. I guess it should happen sometime, it's been a long time since the NFC was comparable. I hope it happens that they becomes as good, it makes the league that much stronger.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFC is stronger than the AFC. We have the Cowboys, Redskins and Giants in the East, maybe even the Eagles. In the South we have Carolina, Tampa, Atlanta, and possibly NO. The North has Chicago and a bunch of nobodies, and the West has Seattle.

All of those teams are legit and can give any AFC team a run for their money. NE is getting older, Miami is one Cullpepper injury away from being avg, Pittsburgh is good but most likely won't repeat, Cinncy is not gonna be good this year, Baltimore still has ? on offense, SD has a rook QB, Denver still has Plumber, and Peyton is still choking on last night's dinner.

I don't see how you can say the AFC is much more talented.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:04 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
The NFC is stronger than the AFC. We have the Cowboys, Redskins and Giants in the East, maybe even the Eagles. In the South we have Carolina, Tampa, Atlanta, and possibly NO. The North has Chicago and a bunch of nobodies, and the West has Seattle.

All of those teams are legit and can give any AFC team a run for their money. NE is getting older, Miami is one Cullpepper injury away from being avg, Pittsburgh is good but most likely won't repeat, Cinncy is not gonna be good this year, Baltimore still has ? on offense, SD has a rook QB, Denver still has Plumber, and Peyton is still choking on last night's dinner.

will you please shut up about peyton choking? he has only choked in one playoff game in his career. i get tired of hearing about how much people think he chokes.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:

will you please shut up about peyton choking? he has only choked in one playoff game in his career. i get tired of hearing about how much people think he chokes.
So I guess he didn't choke against the Titans at home the year they went 14-2 and were favored in the game? Or last year against Pitt? Or the year before in NE (not only did his D stink it up, but he did too, theres no denying that). I like Peyton, but I don't know if I can trust his playoff bravado anymore after last year. Say what you want about his stats, anyone who watched the game knows he didn't show up. Even before the pressure got to him he was throwing off. I don't want to spark a Peyton debate, but to say he plays at the same level in the playoffs relative to his regular season performances is just silly.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:10 PM    (permalink

the pats game was the one i was talking about where he actually did choke. Peyton came to play against the Steelers, the O-line didnt but i agree i dont want to get in another peyton debate. But remember John Elway was considered a choke artist before he won those 2 superbowls.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:14 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But remember John Elway was considered a choke artist before he won those 2 superbowls.
Really? He had always been known as a comeback artist and actually got to the Super Bowl, only to get blown out three times.

This Elway excuse is tiring to hear.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:08 PM    (permalink
scorchin

Quote:

Let's see, Dallas wasn't in the playoffs, Philly was horrible. Atlanta is nothing more than a .500 team and N.O. are you kidding me? Sounds like a great NFC. Get real, the NFC is still not good.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorchin
Quote:

Let's see, Dallas wasn't in the playoffs, Philly was horrible. Atlanta is nothing more than a .500 team and N.O. are you kidding me? Sounds like a great NFC. Get real, the NFC is still not good.
NEWSFLASH: Every year is different. Youd be a fool to think that Dallas isn't gonna be good this year, heck 3 teams from the NFC East alone are SB contenders. NO will surprise people, mark it down. They aren't that bad of a team, they threw in the towel last year bc they gave up on their coach and bc of Katrina. This year they have a real qb and added Bush, they will be a good team. Who's great in the AFC? If anything the AFC is weak, you have the Steelers, possibly the Patriots, possibly the Dolphins, and a Colts team that can't put it together in the playoffs. Thats real weak. Cinncy will have a down year, who else is there? Should I trust Jake Plummer with the Broncos? Probably not.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget the Chiefs. Losing Roaf will hurt them, but they are always dangerous. I have them down as a playoff team this year.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:58 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears right now until the Panthers and their sick middle defense proves me wrong
Old 08-03-2006, 07:36 PM    (permalink
scorchin

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorchin
Quote:

NEWSFLASH: Every year is different. Youd be a fool to think that Dallas isn't gonna be good this year, heck 3 teams from the NFC East alone are SB contenders. NO will surprise people, mark it down. They aren't that bad of a team, they threw in the towel last year bc they gave up on their coach and bc of Katrina. This year they have a real qb and added Bush, they will be a good team. Who's great in the AFC? If anything the AFC is weak, you have the Steelers, possibly the Patriots, possibly the Dolphins, and a Colts team that can't put it together in the playoffs. Thats real weak. Cinncy will have a down year, who else is there? Should I trust Jake Plummer with the Broncos? Probably not.
It's all speculation, it means nothing until the the season is played. As of right now, I just don't see the NFC being better.