Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:56 PM    (permalink
pav

Default Who will have a better year, Peyton or Eli?

Peyton lost Edgerin James and Marvin Harrison is getting old. Last year Eli had more passing yards than Peyton, in case you didn't know. I think Eli will break out this year, and maybe even contend for the MVP trophy. Tell me if you think i'm crazy, but this kid has all the tools.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink

If Eli is a MVP candidate right now then so is Brett Favre
Old 08-02-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

I guess Peyton, but this reminds me of a topic on Cold Pizza..... (shudder)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli barerly threw over 50% last year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:01 PM    (permalink

i cant wait until the Giants homers all start coming in here.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:02 PM    (permalink
pav

neither can i.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:03 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
neither can i.
the first one has arrived
Old 08-02-2006, 04:04 PM    (permalink
raiderfan_89
Pro Bowler

raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.

Its just a fans hopes.
raiderfan_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:05 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Peyton has a lot better offense.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants' fans dont realize that if Eli didnt have 6'5 Plax, he would have had a comp % in the mid 40's.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:43 PM    (permalink

Eli & Tiki vs Peyton & Joseph is more like it

boy the colts will lose there edge
Old 08-02-2006, 04:45 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4

you really hate the colts dont you? Addai and rhodes will combine for at least 1300 yards and Peyton will have an MVP type season while Eli will probably do the same as last year just with a few less picks and a little higher completion percentage.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:51 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4

you really hate the colts dont you? Addai and rhodes will combine for at least 1300 yards and Peyton will have an MVP type season while Eli will probably do the same as last year just with a few less picks and a little higher completion percentage.
no i dont hate the colts i hate that the colts let james go
Old 08-02-2006, 05:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, before us Giants fans get a bad rap, let me try to clear it up. No, Eli will not have a better statistical year than Peyton. Can he have a better year though in terms of wins/losses, yeah thats possible.

But I do expect him to have a break out year. He'll make the Carson Palmer 3rd year leap. Will he be an MVP...I don't know. The homer in me says its possible, but I'll stay neutral for now and say no.

But a 60 %, 30 TD season isn't out of question for Eli. He will make the leap this year no doubt.

And to MOTH...you do realize Plax dropped his fair share of balls too don't you? And Eli only had accuracy issues in the 2nd half of the season, when he got worn out and fell into bad tendencies.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Go_Eli
Veteran

Go_Eli hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Everyone else doesn't realize that last season was Eli's second season in the league, and his first as a full time starter.
Go_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:30 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Eli is a MVP candidate right now then so is Brett Favre
And your point?

Brett and Eli = Co-MVPs...

Eli not an MVP candidate now, but if he throws 30 TDs and his team goes 12-4, that makes an MVP candidate out of any QB, including Kurt Warner this year.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:34 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO, Eli has been a better player than his brother at every stage of his career. I'm not talking about stats, either. He was better in college, he was a better prospect coming out, and he was a better rookie. I think it makes sense because he is just as, if not more physically gifted than Peyton, and he's not only benefited from their father, but by learning from Peyton as well. He's basically "Manning 3.0". I think he will end up being the better QB when it's all said and done, but no way will he be better than Peyton this year.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:43 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4

they couldnt afford him. its not like they just let him walk
Old 08-02-2006, 05:48 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4

keep james over wanye
Old 08-02-2006, 05:48 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4

Also, people forget the fact that Addai is a legitimate home-run threat. James wasn't. I loved James' consistency, but watch for Addai to break a few long TD's against those 7 man fronts. Just the fact that he plays for the Colts automatically makes him a good RB anyway. I think their ground game will be just fine.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:49 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4

Try to understand the salary cap. Resigning Edge=losing Dwight Freeney, and Freeney is a far more valuable player than Edge.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:51 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4

Try to understand the salary cap. Resigning Edge=losing Dwight Freeney, and Freeney is a far more valuable player than Freeney.
im not taking freeney whihc they may not even keep

im say wayne - james over wanye how did james get paided by the cardz
and how much did the colts pay wayne im not sure
Old 08-02-2006, 05:53 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
keep james over wayne
That's ridiculous. Wayne is their best receiver right now. Without him, their entire offense would decline. You can't just put a rookie WR in there and expect them to be solid. Especially this year. On the other hand, there were no less than 4 RB's in the draft who could easily start for them, and their offense shouldn't stall at all. Don't forget, the object is to win a Super Bowl. I don't think they want to wait 3 years for another WR to develop, and by then, they don't have Marvin anyway, and James would be old too. Letting James go was easily the most logical thing to do.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Peyton. Losing James won't be to big. Rhodes and Addai will be able to fill. Harrison hasn't showed a sign of slowing down and even if he does there is always Wayne on the other side.

Though the Giants offense looks very good and Eli could have a huge year with the tools he has.

Still Peton has the experience so I'll give the edge to him.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:22 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

i think Eli will be the best in the NFC and Peyton will be the best in the AFC so i cant vote because they will both be the best but ill say Peyton throws one more TD than little bro.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote