Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli will play better, but the statistics won't show it. He'll be more consistent, more accurate, and have less bad decisions. But he won't have cupcake defenses to pad his stats with, like he did last season. To see his progress, you'll have to read between the lines. So no, he will not out-perform his Brother next year.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:36 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Eli & Tiki vs Peyton & Joseph is more like it

boy the colts will lose there edge
you really hate the colts dont you? Addai and rhodes will combine for at least 1300 yards and Peyton will have an MVP type season while Eli will probably do the same as last year just with a few less picks and a little higher completion percentage.
no i dont hate the colts i hate that the colts let james go
they couldnt afford him. its not like they just let him walk
keep james over wanye
it easier to find running backs in the draft than it is recievers and losing wayne would be a bigger hit to our offense. I would rather have Peyton, Rhodes/Addai, Marvin, Reggie and Stokley than Peyton, Edge, Marvin, Stokley and Chad Jackson.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:38 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4

you really hate the colts dont you? Addai and rhodes will combine for at least 1300 yards and Peyton will have an MVP type season while Eli will probably do the same as last year just with a few less picks and a little higher completion percentage.
Try to understand the salary cap. Resigning Edge=losing Dwight Freeney, and Freeney is a far more valuable player than Freeney.
im not taking freeney whihc they may not even keep

im say wayne - james over wanye how did james get paided by the cardz
and how much did the colts pay wayne im not sure
Freeney will stay. he has said time and time again he wants to stay in Indianapolis and we will have enough money to keep him.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4

Try to understand the salary cap. Resigning Edge=losing Dwight Freeney, and Freeney is a far more valuable player than Freeney.
I agree, Freeney makes Freeney look bad.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:53 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4

Old 08-02-2006, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this a joke? Peyton always has been and always will be better that Eli.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4

You put your laughing smilies in my genius quote. :(
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:17 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4

im not taking freeney whihc they may not even keep

im say wayne - james over wanye how did james get paided by the cardz
and how much did the colts pay wayne im not sure

you dont make any sense!!!!

i cant believe people tolerate this...wow!

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:42 PM    (permalink
President
Rookie

President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As much as i'd love to say Eli....Peyton will have the better season.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:07 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4

You put your laughing smilies in my genius quote. :(
I fixed it. Freeney is more valuable than Edge blah, blah, blah. You got my point.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this a serious question?

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:33 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton for sure, people on this site are obsessed with Eli, ok mainly Giants fans, but he hasn't done anything really noteworthy except get a lot of yards, which Kerry Collins did his whole career, so it's not that great of an accomplishment. His accuracy is terrible, as is another qb who is hated on this site, Michael Vick. Eli's accuracy is terrible, and that brings his whole qb rating down, so no he won't have a statistically better season than Peyton will. Better than last year? Probably, but until his accuracy picks up I will not consider him close to what his brother is.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:36 AM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Is this a joke? Peyton always has been and always will be better that Eli.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen
Is this a serious question?
Old 08-03-2006, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

maybe in two or three years I will take this question seriously.

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:27 AM    (permalink
President
Rookie

President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Peyton for sure, people on this site are obsessed with Eli, ok mainly Giants fans, but he hasn't done anything really noteworthy except get a lot of yards, which Kerry Collins did his whole career, so it's not that great of an accomplishment. His accuracy is terrible, as is another qb who is hated on this site, Michael Vick. Eli's accuracy is terrible, and that brings his whole qb rating down, so no he won't have a statistically better season than Peyton will. Better than last year? Probably, but until his accuracy picks up I will not consider him close to what his brother is.
Eli is far better then Collins....
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:48 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Please don't compare Eli to Vick. Vick has been in the league for 5 years now. Eli 2. You will see the progression this season. Mostly because Eli is a student of the game and has half a brain in his head and Vick isn't a student of the game and doesn't have half a brain in his head.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:23 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
IMO, Eli has been a better player than his brother at every stage of his career. I'm not talking about stats, either. He was better in college, he was a better prospect coming out, and he was a better rookie. I think it makes sense because he is just as, if not more physically gifted than Peyton, and he's not only benefited from their father, but by learning from Peyton as well. He's basically "Manning 3.0". I think he will end up being the better QB when it's all said and done, but no way will he be better than Peyton this year.
You got to be kidding. Peyton was better in college. Eli was never in a position to win the national champtionship.

Peyton had 26 TD passes his rookie season, a 90 QB rating his second. Eli hasn't even come close to those numbers.

Peyton plays at least half of his games inside or in nice weather while Eli has to play in windy Giants stadium and play in Philadelphia and Washington every year.

Who cares if Eli has all those passing yards. Passing yards is a very overrated stat. No QB has ever won a Super Bowl while leading the league in passing yards.

The Eli fangirls are such an embarrassment to Giant fans.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:28 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
IMO, Eli has been a better player than his brother at every stage of his career. I'm not talking about stats, either. He was better in college, he was a better prospect coming out, and he was a better rookie. I think it makes sense because he is just as, if not more physically gifted than Peyton, and he's not only benefited from their father, but by learning from Peyton as well. He's basically "Manning 3.0". I think he will end up being the better QB when it's all said and done, but no way will he be better than Peyton this year.
You got to be kidding. Peyton was better in college. Eli was never in a position to win the national champtionship.

Peyton had 26 TD passes his rookie season, a 90 QB rating his second. Eli hasn't even come close to those numbers.

Peyton plays at least half of his games inside or in nice weather while Eli has to play in windy Giants stadium and play in Philadelphia and Washington every year.

Who cares if Eli has all those passing yards. Passing yards is a very overrated stat. No QB has ever won a Super Bowl while leading the league in passing yards.

The Eli fangirls are such an embarrassment to Giant fans.
Your username is an embarassment to Giants fans.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:56 AM    (permalink

This cant be a serioius post..
Old 08-03-2006, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
I think it stems from the fact that the NFL put them up against each other Week 1 on the big NBC game.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
I think it stems from the fact that the NFL put them up against each other Week 1 on the big NBC game.
Still there is no reason to say that Eli will do better than Peyton.

Tell you what, all of the Giants fans have been writing off Eli's problems saying he is young and still learning. Thats fine after 2 years but is that still going to be the excuse next offseason if he doesn't improve greatly this year?

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:20 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Archie.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal
Quote:
Quote:
Still there is no reason to say that Eli will do better than Peyton.

Tell you what, all of the Giants fans have been writing off Eli's problems saying he is young and still learning. Thats fine after 2 years but is that still going to be the excuse next offseason if he doesn't improve greatly this year?
I don't think so. The third year is always the big step in a QBs development historically if you look at all the greats. Not every young QB is put on a great team and is expected to just throw 15-18 passes a game. I'm expecting a big improvement this year and if not I'll be dissapointed. I'm not going to be happy if I'm waiting in year 6 for Eli to come around like Falcons fans are with Vick.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:40 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:

I think it stems from the fact the giants are the biggest homers on this board.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think it stems from the fact the giants are the biggest homers on this board.
Not really. I think it just still bugs the Skins and Cowgirls fans that we came away with the East last year, and upgraded our team just enough to probably still be considered favorites.