Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:29 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Jets RB situation?

idk if i am breaking any rules with this but if i am, feel free to lock this...

There have been plenty of rumors saying that the Jets are very unsure about Curtis Martin and are looking to trade for a RB. Some of the names being brought up are Chris Brown (Tennessee) and Thomas Jones (Chicago).

Personally i think we should just wait til the draft next year but it looks like that won't happen.

What will happen with this, will the Jets trade for a RB (if so who), will we wait til the draft and get either peterson or lynch (depending on where we are picking and if they are available. And if we do not trade, who do you think will start (if curtis martin is not ready).

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:31 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i know the poll says draft in the 2007 draft but hopefully you are all smart enough to know that it means, draft a RB in the 2007 draft (i would edit it but i can't :( )

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:34 PM    (permalink

5th round pick for ladell betts...
Old 08-08-2006, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
5th round pick for ladell betts...
I doubt the Redskins would let Betts go for just a 5th rounder. They need insurance for Portis and it's also nice to have a spell back. Plus, the Redskins use Portis and Betts at the same time in certain formations.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would think they may try to trade for Chris Brown. He is a young guy with alot of potential. They might be able to get him cheap from Tennessee.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:58 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

i voted for current rb in the future, cuz i dont think we should trade becuase its not like we are going to be in the playoff race chris brown would be nasty, drafting a rb in 07 would be smart, but i like this kid cedrick houston he is pretty nasty.
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Don't the Jets already have a ton of picks in next year's draft?

I still think that they will trade for Chris Brown. I've been saying that ever since he asked to be traded and I'm sticking to it.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ace that sig is sweet

I think the jets should try to get a RB like Adrian Peterson or maybe Marshawn Lynch in the draft.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:58 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace

I still think that they will trade for Chris Brown. I've been saying that ever since he asked to be traded and I'm sticking to it.
no, we have 8 picks, 2 2nd rounders

i would like to draft a RB, none of our current RBs can handle the load Houston is a great goalline back, Leon is to small but has potencial and blaylock isnt the anwser, and i hope we dont trade for one cause we are in no hurry to get our feartured back
Old 08-08-2006, 11:03 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i voted just for the draft because since his freshman year i've wanted them to have Adrian Peterson

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:12 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two letters, AD.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:38 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've wanted Peterson since his freshman year too, but I've got to say I wouldn't mind Brown at all and that's what I see happening. What do you guys think the Titans are going to ask for him? I'm hoping it isn't much. Seems realistic because the Titans probably don't have a ton of leverage in the deal as he wants to be gone they have plenty of depth and the Jets should trade for a back but could let the young guys get their carries and see what happens since they won't do that well anyway this year, plus he has injury concerns.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:42 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say draft for RB. There will be some good RB's next year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets are rebuilding, it doesn't make sense to trade for a rb right now. They are better off drafting someone in 2007.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade for Chris Brown.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:01 AM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

I'd try and give Washington alot of touches this season, he's got alot of potential. If he doesn't show much promise they could go running back early in the draft, although I'm personally against picking running backs in the first round unless they're very, very special.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:14 AM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so in the 07 draft their gonna get a QB and a RB - coz lets face it they need both

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:16 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

i think people are forgeting that Matrin has only once not had a 1000yd season and that was last year
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:19 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they should draft a running back in the next years draft. There are a lot of talented RB's and depending on how high of a pick they have they could even wait until the second round to pick a guy. I really like Auburn RB's, so I would like to see the Jets draft someone like Kenny Irons. Even his name is cool.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:23 AM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan
so in the 07 draft their gonna get a QB and a RB - coz lets face it they need both
thats false
Old 08-09-2006, 01:51 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace

He stated that he didn't want to be traded :?

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:52 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft in the 2007 Draft

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:21 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets are going to be a good position to draft an excellent RB during next years draft. Whether they want to continue to address their O-line then they could with the first pick and go with someone like Kenny Irons in the 2nd or even Kenneth Darby.

If they traded for a RB this year I think Jones would be a good back but he is getting up there and the Jets need a young back. I think a trade for Lee Suggs would be a good trade. Then they could draft someone and have two backs that could really produce.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:25 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
The Jets are going to be a good position to draft an excellent RB during next years draft. Whether they want to continue to address their O-line then they could with the first pick and go with someone like Kenny Irons in the 2nd or even Kenneth Darby.

If they traded for a RB this year I think Jones would be a good back but he is getting up there and the Jets need a young back. I think a trade for Lee Suggs would be a good trade. Then they could draft someone and have two backs that could really produce.

what Jones?
Old 08-09-2006, 02:28 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroney39
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule

what Jones?
Thomas Jones, Chicago Bears RB.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote