Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-15-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.
Default IU Coach Terry Hoeppner Dead

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...na-coach_N.htm

Quote:
Bill Lynch will be head coach of Indiana University's football team for the 2007 season, the school announced today.
The move was described as a "leave of absence" for Terry Hoeppner, IU's coach since 2005. Athletic director Rick Greenspan said the situation will be reevaluated after the season.

The team's offensive coordinator for two seasons, Lynch also stepped in as interim head coach last year after Hoeppner was first diagnosed.

Hoeppner missed spring practice this year while recovering from his second brain surgery, in September 2006. Hoeppner had a tumor removed in December 2005.

"Most importantly, I wish Terry well with his ongoing health issues," IU athletic director Rick Greenspan said. "Hep means a great deal to so many of us and his health is a primary concern. As we rapidly approach the season, we believe this clarity is needed regarding the leadership of our football program."

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Last edited by cardsalltheway : 06-19-2007 at 09:24 AM.
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:33 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...S0601/70619031

Terry Hoeppner is dead at the age of 59.

Designs by D-Unit

Last edited by cardsalltheway : 06-19-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

This is truly a sad day in the sporting world. God Bless Hep.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's very sad. I liked what he was doing a IU.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was one team and one guy I was pulling for this year outside of the Wisconsin Badgers and that was Indiana and Terry Hoeppner. The passing of Terry is sad and I am pulling for this team even more this year and God Bless them all!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...S0601/70619031

Terry Hoeppner is dead at the age of 60.
He was 59 actually. Definitely a sad day as college football loses a great man. I've never heard a bad thing about him.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What he was doing for the team was amazing, and what he brought was something IU hadn't seen in a while. He got people excited, and he loved his players. He will be missed.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should read the final posts before i post. RIP Terry Hoeppner
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

what's too bad is that our program actually had some passion to it for the first time in forever, and now this happens? damn.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry. I didn't see this thread. RIP. Big Ten coaches must be cursed.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

The increase of excitement in IU fans after Hep arrived was insane. The students and players absolutely loved him and he was bringing this program back to a respectability. He was a very strong and corageous man and was the type of person who deserves to be looked up to as role model. Hoosier nation mourns a great loss today. My prayers go out to his family

Designs by D-Unit

Old 06-19-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Just a couple of quick thoughts: A.) the loss of Hep is a huge problem for the program. he was not just the face of IU football, he was its heart. B.) Hep showed us the program's light. we now know that IU can be a deserving and respected football program. C.) recruiting will be vital. we have to keep the ball rolling. D.) Indiana University, as an institution, is one great man light today.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

At 5pm EST today, ESPN Classic will be re-airing the IU victory over #15 Iowa as a tribute to Coach Hep.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
WarOnTheShore
Rookie

WarOnTheShore smells like sex panther.

Hep was a hell of a coach. He started at Miami when the program's expectations were at their highest and he managed to make the RedHawks even better. And what he did at Indiana is nothing short of a miracle. That was consistently one of the worst teams in college football until he got there. They're going to make a bowl game this year, the first since 1993, and it's just sad Hep won't be calling the plays.
WarOnTheShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

Bill Lynch will definitely not be the coach after this year. He's a solid coordinator and assistant, but he doesn't have what it takes to coach in the Big Ten. I think the job could be pretty desirable with brand new facilities on the way, growing fan support, a high-powered offense led by James Hardy and Kellen Lewis plus great youth with 7 All-Big Ten Freshmen selections from laast year.

Designs by D-Unit

Old 06-19-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was the reason I started going to the games, and watching the away games. I went to every home game over the past two seasons to watch him make them better.

Watching them beat Iowa was the best sports moment I have ever been apart of, and my favorite. That game was to me a signal that the team was going somewhere, and Hep really meant business. He missed a few games last year too, and in those games, the team wasn't half as focused and didn't show the desire compared to when he came back.

I don't know what we are going to do without him...
Old 06-20-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

R.I.P. Hep. Great coach and an even greater man.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

I know that this is going to sound harsh, but we have to start thinking about the future. Who could be the potential new HC?

Personally, I say we pick up someone who gets fired from a Michigan, LSU, or Iowa type school. I know that none of those coaches are going to get fired, but that type of coach is now a viable replacement.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney View Post
I know that this is going to sound harsh, but we have to start thinking about the future. Who could be the potential new HC?

Personally, I say we pick up someone who gets fired from a Michigan, LSU, or Iowa type school. I know that none of those coaches are going to get fired, but that type of coach is now a viable replacement.
Not harsh, thats just the way life is. RIP

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bad to hear...prayers with his family and friends

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote