Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:36 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroney39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn
Quote:
Chris McCallister with the most underrated CB in the game, Mathis, not far behind.
How can you be underrated when many people consider you a top corner?

He isn't the corner some make him out to be. He gets away with a lot because of Ed Reed. He has the talent, but I consider him lazy

I said Mathis was the most underrated.
Sorry, I misread it. I deff. agree with that statement.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

exactly how is c-mac lazy, I dont remember ever hearing a problem about his work ethic.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:27 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is Deltha O'Neil on here? He's not a great cornerback, he just gets a lot of picks because he always goes for them and gets burned a lot. Sheldon Brown is a much better corner than O'Neil, as is Dunta Robinson.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:29 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ############
Quote:
Lucas is better in coverage but Champ is probably the best run support CB in the NFL along with Antoine Winfield.

Lucas and Gamble are better than Rolle and McAlister, especially after last year.
Ken Lucas is a beast in run support. Definately one of his strong points.
I know but Champ is the best.
Ronde Barber is very good in run support but hasn't been mentioned and isn't even on the poll.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

i think it should be Gary Baxter, he was the only one who stopped #85 in 2005 according to mr. johnson's locker room check list.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:33 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
i think it should be Gary Baxter, he was the only one who stopped #85 in 2005 according to mr. johnson's locker room check list.
Haha a Browns cornerback the best in the NFL? Gary Baxter is good, but he was never close to as good as Chris McCalister was in Baltimore.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:35 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
I thought that was Leigh Bodden?

Edit- it was Leigh Bodden. http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...512160344/1066
Old 08-09-2006, 11:56 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
I thought that was Leigh Bodden?
No one really knows because according to most people 85 has said that lots of cornerbacks are the best in the NFL, and when people use that as a measuring stick against other receivers it is irritating.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's gotta be Champ.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:15 AM    (permalink

I think Terence Newman should be on there instead of Deltha Oneal
Old 08-10-2006, 01:19 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
eh. I'd like Winfield on it more
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:22 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
Quote:
Lucas is better in coverage but Champ is probably the best run support CB in the NFL along with Antoine Winfield.

Lucas and Gamble are better than Rolle and McAlister, especially after last year.
Why? Ken Lucas is bigger and stronger watch highlights from the Patriots game
Old 08-10-2006, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Why is Deltha O'Neil and Chris Gamble on here? He's not a great cornerback, he just gets a lot of picks because he always goes for them and gets burned a lot.

Fixed for you. While Lucas is the best corner in the league right now, Gamble was burned a lot last year.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:21 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

I'll take Deangelo Hall, he is the youngest guy on that list with the most pure ability and i'd say the best pure cover corner in the league right now. Plus i wouldn't underrate his work against the run, Mora uses him as a cover corner bc he has always been a guy who plays an aggressive D that lives and dies by the blitz. Bc of that Hall is always out there on an island where his main responsibilty is the pass.

While Lucas is good i really question a guy who has only had one REALLY good year only bc before this year he had some real confidence issues at seattle. Hall is a kind of guy who has enough swagger to never lose confidence.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:43 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Chris McAlister Or DeAngelo Hall
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:03 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronde Barber?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:40 AM    (permalink
haccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Gamble was burned a lot last year.
No he wasn't. Of course, you didn't actually watch him play the full season so your perception of him is flawed. He certainly wasn't burned by any of Atlanta's recievers so who knows where you're getting your crazy misconceptions.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:09 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

charles woodson has been disqualified from the voting
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:43 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ronde Barber is very good in run support but hasn't been mentioned and isn't even on the poll.
Yea but Champ is a top 5 cover corner and the best at run support.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:38 AM    (permalink
HokiesSkins2621
Rookie

HokiesSkins2621 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:

Yea, where is Dre' Bly? In my book he is the best cornerback in the league(Another virginia born cornerback).

Washington Redskins Mock Draft:
Round 1: Micheal Oher/OT/Ole Miss
Round 3: Paul Kruger/DE/Utah
Round 5: Marcus Freeman/LB/Ohio State
Round 6: Graham Gano/K/Florida State
Round 7: Maurice Miller/OG/Ole Miss
Snyder, get me Gano!
HokiesSkins2621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Champ Bailey
2. DeAngelo Hall

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:50 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiesSkins2621
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:

Yea, where is Dre' Bly? In my book he is the best cornerback in the league(Another virginia born cornerback).
Dre Bly? :?

Winfield and Newman are both top 10 guys, I think Winfield is top 4.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:10 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is gonna close once we get a decider between hall and lucas
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:12 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love
I'll take Deangelo Hall, he is the youngest guy on that list with the most pure ability and i'd say the best pure cover corner in the league right now. Plus i wouldn't underrate his work against the run, Mora uses him as a cover corner bc he has always been a guy who plays an aggressive D that lives and dies by the blitz. Bc of that Hall is always out there on an island where his main responsibilty is the pass.

While Lucas is good i really question a guy who has only had one REALLY good year only bc before this year he had some real confidence issues at seattle. Hall is a kind of guy who has enough swagger to never lose confidence.
we won't be blitzing as muc hthis year as wel did last year.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:37 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How in God's great goodness did I go to bed when Woodson had practically no votes and wake up to see him in second?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote