Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:58 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

I'm not sure how many times it has to be said, but these are POWER RANKINGS, NOT PREDICTIONS. They are not mutually exclusive. These are the rankings heading into the season, not predictions of who will be in the playoffs at the end of the season.

Everyone knows about the parity in the NFL, so it wouldn't be shocking for a team like Cleveland, Oakland, or Buffalo to end up making the playoffs this year. However, those teams have no business in the top 12 of the preseason power rankings ahead of more proven teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:11 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Favre wont have a bad year i think you guys are forget that he had no running back no wide outs no o-line they inprove on all thoese things

the oline know is alot better then year

wideout crew alot better (healty ferg / 2nd yr gardner / adding jennings & rodgers)

faithful favre ive never seen so favre faithful in his team

amazing defence that defence is sick all they have to do is have there dt come thru

bash bro cb woodson make harris job alot easyer

so no way a bottom 10 team

and eagles and raven are playoffs teams

i think you 4got that mcnabb got hurt also westbrook and the rest of the team

and a 2nd yr brown is a huge deal

ravens awnser every need this yr
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:10 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

someone get this kid spell check.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
I'm not sure how many times it has to be said, but these are POWER RANKINGS, NOT PREDICTIONS. They are not mutually exclusive. These are the rankings heading into the season, not predictions of who will be in the playoffs at the end of the season.

Everyone knows about the parity in the NFL, so it wouldn't be shocking for a team like Cleveland, Oakland, or Buffalo to end up making the playoffs this year. However, those teams have no business in the top 12 of the preseason power rankings ahead of more proven teams.
They sure look like predictions to me otherwise you'd have to go by last year's records. If it smells like a prediction and looks like a prediction, then I'd have to say it is a prediction and it isn't going to be close to being right. JMO.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:28 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular
The Jets were at #10 last year?!?!?!? I forgot how many Jets fans we had here last year...
before the season alot of analysts had them getting to the Superbowl or at least AFC Championship... everyone predicted that Chad would be fine, and no one could predict that 2 offensive lineman, 2 quarterbacks, 1 HOF runningback, 1 starting LB, and some other players would get hurt...

I think it shouls be interesting after the season to see how wrong we were :D ...
Old 09-02-2006, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bump??

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:39 PM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Tampa is definitely in the lower 10 of the league.
YoJoeBucsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:44 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unofficial Notice: Until they show otherwise, feel free to put the Raiders #1 in your mock drafts.

Monday night was pathetic. I was sick to my stomach.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:07 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Unofficial Notice: Until they show otherwise, feel free to put the Raiders #1 in your mock drafts.

Just don't give them Brady Quinn.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:33 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Your team cost me a bonus point in pick 'em. I hate you NIP.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:27 AM    (permalink
B-Dawk23

Why are they ranked so high. The eagles are way better than the bears and it is not becasue I am an eagle fan but the coaching record proves it.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:51 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:

Just don't give them Brady Quinn.
But who's the Number 1 DB in nation?
Old 09-18-2006, 06:08 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Haha wow the draft order would look alot different now just 2 games into the season
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:10 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay
Haha wow the draft order would look alot different now just 2 games into the season
20. Arizona Cardinals
19. San Diego Chargers
18. Baltimore Ravens
17. Philadelphia Eagles

Old 09-20-2006, 07:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow...is all i can say looking back at the first page at comments, rankings etc....you just never know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:34 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16
That is funny, TB was #27 last year
Washington was at 29 and they beat the Bucs, ha
Old 10-04-2006, 09:23 AM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think its time for an update

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:32 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Default Re: Complete NFLDC Power Rankings (and subsequent draft orde

Quote:
Just over a month after we started this site-wide project, we have now completed it. There have been some controversies about some positions, but that's life. This is the draft order and power rankings that you as a board have come up with. It is recommended that you use this draft order in any 2007 mock drafts just to keep a little continuity and to keep those pesky "My team should be picking at 32!!!" comments away. Obviously you are free to use any draft order you like, but this has the NFLDC Board Stamp since it was the people who decided this. So without further ado, here it is!

32. San Francisco 49ers
31. Buffalo Bills
30. New York Jets

29. Tennessee Titans
28. New Orleans Saints
27. Houston Texans
26. Oakland Raiders (yes, predicted to have the 7th pick for 3 straight years)
25. Detroit Lions
24. Minnesota Vikings
23. Green Bay Packers
22. St. Louis Rams
21. Cleveland Browns
20. Arizona Cardinals
19. San Diego Chargers
18. Baltimore Ravens
17. Philadelphia Eagles

16. Atlanta Falcons
15. Washington Redskins
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
13. Miami Dolphins
12. Kansas City Chiefs

11. Jacksonville Jaguars
10. New England Patriots
9. New York Giants
8. Dallas Cowboys
7. Chicago Bears
6. Cincinnati Bengals
5. Denver Broncos
4. Indianapolis Colts
3. Seattle Seahawks
2. Pittsburgh Steelers
1. Carolina Panthers
its crazy how things have change
Old 10-17-2006, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where are the Bills now? Anyone know
Old 10-17-2006, 03:26 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoJoeBucsFan
wow look, YoJoe bashing the bucs. That NEVER happens.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:55 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Quote:
They are one of the 10 worst teams in the league.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:57 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Quote:
They are one of the 10 worst teams in the league.
i didnt say they werent, but YoJoe says it like everyone thinks they're a top 10 team.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:58 PM    (permalink

Yojoe is a very pessimistic poster. I don't think he's ever said anything positive about the Buc's
Old 10-17-2006, 09:30 PM    (permalink
cgf

Quote:
Yojoe is a very pessimistic poster. I don't think he's ever said anything positive about the Buc's
What's there that's positive to say about the bucs?
Old 10-18-2006, 01:01 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
What's there that's positive to say about the bucs?
:roll:
Lets see...

Future at RG who was called a "reach" in the draft, played tremendous for his first start of his NFL career.
Trueblood at RT looks great, also called a reach. Future is bright for the bucs o-line.
A young RB who gets better as the game goes on and could be a top back in a couple years.
A young QB who has played great for his first 2 starts.

yea man, there's NOTHING positive to say about the bucs.