Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 06-17-2007, 03:22 AM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default pete kendall drama

what do you guys think we should do with pete kendall? it seems to be becoming an issue. do we cut him or try to move him? or do you think we tell him to stop whining and play ala the pats.

i personally wouldnt mind seeing us try to move kendal and mccariens as a package for...SOMETHING. think we could get a third or 4th rnder next year for them?
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:16 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope he gets traded to Saint Louis cuz we need O-Line help

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think as a package we'd probably get a 4th or a 5th, but a third would be nice. Individually I don't know if Kendall would get much more than a 6th unless multiple teams were interested in which case we could turn it into a bidding war and jack up the price...I'd like to trade Kendall though because cutting him does no good and I want to see what Clarke can do.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hopefully this gets settled soon. he'd be nice to have, but isn't worth loads of money. if we can i'd like to trade him for anything we can get rather than release him.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:40 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sal Paolantonio wrote that Mangini said, "This is the business side of the NFL...Pete Kendall is practicing hard and always has" the article also portrayed Kendall as saying,

"I took a pay cut for the Jets when I wasn't playing well. I want a pay increase to as my level of play has gone up. If I don't play up to the contract I will take another pay cut. If the Jets offer me a raise I'll be onboard."

Basically what's implied here is that Kendall is saying call me a liar next year if I don't take a pay cut I should take. The article also mentioned the fact that this shed a light of hope on a previously pitch black situation. The article also said that the two Jets OL rookies fom last season Brick and Mangold have improved from last year which is scary and if the Jets can resign Kendall to bring back the entire OL then the Offense could do some serious damage. But basically it said that if the Jets didn't give Kendall a pay increase and he sat out, was cut or traded they'd still be a solid OL.

The Jets should bring back Kendall for next season (they shouldn't cave in bc that shows that they give in to outlashes that people give out but they should meet him in the middle with like a $700,000 deal), he basically has no trade value to speak of in terms of a valuable pick (ie 3rd rounder: I know we do well in the later rounds with picks but he could be invaluable to us in terms of further developing the OL) And the idea of trading 2 30 + year old players (kendall and mccareins) in a package almost sullies and deal as opposed to enhancing it.

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya, its too bad. i do think it was good of him to take the pay cut earlier, and i can see y he feels he could/should get it back. Only, this isn't really the manner in which u'd like to go about doing that, sets a bad stage for the future.

PS McCareins is a damn bum, give me a 6th rounder

Quote:
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

El$anDollah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Man buiness is slow. Anyways, I dont think Petey is worth anything in terms of trade value. The only things I can think of is Miami but highly doubtful because the division rivalry or package him with McCarrens to Tennesee for a draft pick. But it will be hard to pull a deal because of his age.
El$anDollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ya, we're in a pretty tough spot here. what is his current contract paying him this year?

Quote:
Old 06-23-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

El$anDollah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Pete's base salary is like 1.7 mil and he wants a 1 mil raise. I just hope the Jets dont cave into him. I mean, come on he's 34.
El$anDollah is offline   Reply With Quote