Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

View Poll Results: Who the Celtics draft at #5?
Yi Jianlian 7-0 242 PF China 1984 7 35.00%
Brandan Wright 6-10 200 PF UNC Fr. 3 15.00%
Mike Conley 6-1 175 PG Ohio St. Fr. 1 5.00%
Corey Brewer 6-8 185 SF Florida Jr. 5 25.00%
Jeff Green 6-9 228 SF Georgetown Jr. 1 5.00%
Trade out or up 3 15.00%
Something Else 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Knights

The Celtics will be selecting 5th in the upcoming draft. Although many hoped, we did not land one of the top 2 picks and thus lost out on the opportunity to draft Oden/Durant.

There is alot of speculation that has us drafting the guy from China. Would this be a bad move? Should we trade out? We all love drafts, don't we? Let's discuss this one.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Right now I am leaning towards Corey Brewer, with Al Thornton a close second.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5th pick for a bag of Dunkin' Munchkins. There is no one left in the organization with a clue.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I change my opinion on this daily. At this moment, I think Brewer. I like Wright the most out of those guys though. I wouldn't mind trading the pick and getting Gasol or Jermaine O'Neal if we don't have to give up much besides that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've still got Corey Brewer to you guys at #5.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be happy if we got Brewer, I think he is the best we can possibly do at #5. He would add a lot of athleticism to an already athletic team, we would be running the floor like crazy with Brewer. I would love to see him and Gerald Green on the floor together.

Trading for Shawn Marion would be alright to I guess, but I would rather get a very young talent like Brewer (even though we are already loaded with young talent).
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not so hot on the Marion deal. I think we have other options that would be better for us overall, Brewer being one of them.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-16-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I say Brewer because he was the favorite two days ago for Minny, but yesterday all the sudden Minny guarantees Hawes at #7. So something must've come up, and my guess was that Brewer was going #5, either that or he's going #6.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
megansett56BC
Rookie

megansett56BC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think brewer or jeff green would be the best options... both are good teammates and can play right away

and as much as i like him... it would give us the opportunity to pick up a veteran big man, possibly trading gerald green

Belichick might be an a-hole... but I'd rather have an a-hole that wins than one that doesn't.
megansett56BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Jeff Green is the other choice because he plays with Doc Rivers son at Georgetown, and Doc obviously knows the kind of guy he is and all that. They can get the most in depth info on him. At this point, they just need to decide if whatever that is is good enough to take him over whoever else. I think if Al Horford is that, then there may be a really good chance we take him. I think it will definitely be one of these four:

1. Al Horford
2. Corey Brewer
3. Jeff Green
4. Al Thornton

So the odds are in favor of the Celtics taking a guy named Al. Haha...
Old 06-18-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
bigstiffcharles

why does everyone want brewer???? we're already set at the 2 and 3 the last thing we need is to draft another swingman and absolutely have those positions backloaded. i'd draft noah at five or move down a few spots and take noah. we don't need brewer. what we should do is make a deal with the hawks, switch #5 with #9 (they want horford and conley) throw them gerald green and ratliff and re acquire joe johnson. then we could draft hawes or noah with the ninth pick and be set.

pg--rondo/west
sg--johnson/allen
sf--pierce/szczerbiak
pf--jefferson/gomes
c--noah or hawes/perkins

Last edited by bigstiffcharles : 06-18-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Hawks pick at 11, the Bulls pick at 9...a trade down is a nice option but I really don't see any teams biting on something. Odds are you guys go for Noah, Green, or Brewer IMO because Ainge needs somebody that can step in and play right away, he can't afford to take a project like Yi or Wright (one of those two should be available at 5).
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I think I'll just put myself out of my misery if we draft Noah.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-21-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are the Celtics in great need for a point guard?

If so would you not want to take Mike Conley Jr.?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Rajon Rondo has come a long way in just one year. PG shouldn't be an issue.

I am hating these Kevin Garnett rumors. I mean, I don't have any beef with Garnett coming to Boston, but not if it costs us Al Jefferson. I guess I just see him as a 20/10 guy moving forward, and think we should be building around him instead of getting rid of him. I would hate to see another Chauncey Billups/Joe Johnson situation.

That said, it is Kevin Garnett. If I knew we'd have him for another... six years, and have him at his best, then maybe I go for it. But he can opt out of his contract at the end of the year, and if this is a one and done, NO WAY...
Old 06-21-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Kevin Garnett doesn't have 6 good years left. Al does, and more. I think their production will be very similar next year. Yeah, I hate the talk as well. I don't want to see Al and Gerald go. Not after all the work we put into them. I know that's kinda the Danny Ainge plan....but it's not worth it. What are we with Garnett? Nothing more than a second round knockout with two aging superstars.
And no dhroy, we're not in need of a point guard. Rondo looked really, really good last year at times. He has to be more consistent, but he averaged 13/5 during the last month of the season.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-25-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am starting to love the idea of Brewer or Horford being in Green. I could see us grabbing Jeff Green as well, those are the guys I would like to see us take.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm not all that sold on Jeff Green. Seems like a classic example of a guy that will just end up being solid.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-25-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't know, I would rather have Horford/Brewer/Wright, but I would take Green in a heartbeat over Noah/Jianlian. Green is just tempting to me because he has that complete package thing going for him.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I would take him over Noah(I would take one of the Olsen twins over Noah) but not Yi. Yi may be raw, but I think Jeff Green is a finished product. Not much upside left.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-26-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turnover of the roster is what has killed this team for the last 2 decades. A little stability would go a long way. Trading the young talent as it is about to blossom is rediculous. How is it that you are hearing rumors of aquiring a guy (JOhnson) you let walk away for trash a few years back ? If you are making a move with this team it should be to draft player who does what no one on your team can do right now . Identify what "that " is and "who" fills that need. It may not be the #5 prospect, but if it makes your team better do it.

Or, be a seller and dump Pierce, go completely young and build a team that will be a title contender in 3-4 years. You have waited this long. Just stop fooling yourselves into thinking that there is any veteran deal that you can make that fixes this team.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, I don't like this trade either. But it looks like it's a done deal :(
EDIT:We aren't doing it! Al's staying in Boston.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 06-26-2007 at 03:20 PM.