Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-15-2006, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Robert Gallery?

Is Robert Gallery a bust i keep thinking he is going to get better but he never does the guy was a beast in college?
Old 08-15-2006, 09:54 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn’t use the word bust he has allowed 6 sacks in 2 seasons this is his 3rd season and his 3rd O-line coach his 2nd head coach and has played Guard and RT and is now finally playing LT and needs to learn all over again..

He is having a bad preseason that’s true but I wouldn’t label him a bust just yet.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:07 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far in his career he really stinks. He wasn't all that great as a RT, and now that he's back to LT he is struggling immensly. Unless he has a sudden epiphany and turns it around he is a super BUST!
Old 08-15-2006, 10:10 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I've seen of guy in the preseason had been laughable at best. He beat badly by speed rushers.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to give him this year to see how he fares. If by week 10 he is still getting busted up, he's a bust. Its sad, I think the coaching staff and how they handled him has alot to do with why he is failing. But also, if you notice, I think he's out of shape. He is coming off the line real slow, and edge rushers are destrroying him. He is much slower now than he was in college. I think a combination of bad coaching and his own fitness have led to poor performance. If he doesn't get it together by the end of the year he will be a major disappointment.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Material Issues

i think that now that he's at LT with Shell in charge he could make serious steps in his development. As bigbluegiants mentioned he has been slow off the line and i'm not sure how much of that is physically being out of shape and how much is him being mentally out of it as he has lost that comfort he had in college. Hopefully shell can give him his fire back and he'll be the star we all saw.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Art Shell is our oline coach, and you can't put it together I would be preety confident to call him a bust.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Material Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
When Art Shell is our oline coach, and you can't put it together I would be preety confident to call him a bust.
good thing sheel has been his head coach all of a couple of months. :roll:
Old 08-15-2006, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Material Issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
good thing sheel has been his head coach all of a couple of months. :roll:

Correct, but he is a top 5 tackle of all time.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:08 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Um, great players are rarely great coaches because of how natural things came to them as a player. Very few can turn around and verbalize the things that they just simply knew how to do. Art Shell is a perfect example of this. He was never a great, or even good, O Line coach. So don't bring Shell up as a reason for why he should be doing better.

The fact is that, when you draft a OT (or any player, for that matter) at #2 overall, you expect at least a Pro Bowl level player, and you really want an All-Pro type. Up to this point, he has most definitely been a bust. He's been below average in his first two seasons. No question about that.

However, I really don't see that he has to be a bust for his career. This guy is not another Mike Williams who is just so damn lazy and indifferent that he can't be worked with. I think the Raiders are just a horrible organization at this point in time, and its no coincedence that horrible organizations have a high bust rate with their draft picks. I put the blame for Robert Gallery and his problems squarely on the shoulders of those idiots that still think their running a world class organization over there, when in fact they are completely out of their mind.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:20 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a bust, he got owned by Trent Cole, our backup defensive end in the HOF Game. He was not good at RT and will probably not be at LT.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
He is a bust, he got owned by Trent Cole, our backup defensive end in the HOF Game. He was not good at RT and will probably not be at LT.
He strained his hammy or something in TC and he cant move laterally very well until it's 100%.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:25 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
However, I really don't see that he has to be a bust for his career. This guy is not another Mike Williams who is just so damn lazy and indifferent that he can't be worked with. I think the Raiders are just a horrible organization at this point in time, and its no coincedence that horrible organizations have a high bust rate with their draft picks. I put the blame for Robert Gallery and his problems squarely on the shoulders of those idiots that still think their running a world class organization over there, when in fact they are completely out of their mind.
exactly. while i may or may not agree with some of this, the fact that the raiders have been an absolutely terrible franchise lately may have something to do with gallery's ability to learn anything. there's not a lot of doubt in my mind that if he'd gone to team with at least a moderate degree of stability that he'd be a bit more successful.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:38 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Quote:
He strained his hammy or something in TC and he cant move laterally very well until it's 100%.
That's right....but all of you that want to call him a bust after 2 years of playing RT in a "ZBS" and 2 preseason games which he has had a sore hamstring; then go ahead.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:48 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Quote:
That's right....but all of you that want to call him a bust after 2 years of playing RT in a "ZBS" and 2 preseason games which he has had a sore hamstring; then go ahead.
That's right....and if you want to be a homer and deny the truth that's looking you straight in the face, then go ahead. Facts are facts, and great players play well, period.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to say with OLs...
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can still turn it around he is young and has the HC to do it but as of now he looks lost at LT.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:38 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

in madden hes the fast person on the oline
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
I have to give him this year to see how he fares. If by week 10 he is still getting busted up, he's a bust. Its sad, I think the coaching staff and how they handled him has alot to do with why he is failing. But also, if you notice, I think he's out of shape. He is coming off the line real slow, and edge rushers are destrroying him. He is much slower now than he was in college. I think a combination of bad coaching and his own fitness have led to poor performance. If he doesn't get it together by the end of the year he will be a major disappointment.
This is basically what I came to post. I said a week back that I gave Gallery and the offensive line as a whole until week 9 to show some major improvement. Shell might not be a great O-Line coach, but HOF OL Jackie Slater has a good reputation, and I think he can get things working.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
This is basically what I came to post. I said a week back that I gave Gallery and the offensive line as a whole until week 9 to show some major improvement. Shell might not be a great O-Line coach, but HOF OL Jackie Slater has a good reputation, and I think he can get things working.
I concur. He isn't a bust yet, but he def. doesn't look good. I think they have just moved him around a lot, and he hasn't been comfortable in any position. If he is out of shape though, bye bye!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:41 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would need your defenition of "bust" to answer this question.Everyone seems to have a unique view of a draft bust.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:49 PM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

Bust is the wrong word, I'd call him a disapointment up to this point.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:51 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
in madden hes the fast person on the oline
and we all know that madden = real life. :roll:
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:52 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO opinion alot can change in the future as he is still a young player who is learning. but to summarize his performance up to this point as to his draft status and what was expected, yes, i would say he's been a bust. doesn't mean he will always be a bust, but to this point he has IMO

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Oaktown1981
Veteran

Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.

I wouldn't call him a bust yet but he needs to start playing better.

They should of started Gallery at LT in his rookie year.. Having him play LG then RT did nothing for him..
Oaktown1981 is offline   Reply With Quote