Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-15-2006, 05:17 PM    (permalink
raiderfan_89
Pro Bowler

raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Material Issues
i think that now that he's at LT with Shell in charge he could make serious steps in his development. As bigbluegiants mentioned he has been slow off the line and i'm not sure how much of that is physically being out of shape and how much is him being mentally out of it as he has lost that comfort he had in college. Hopefully shell can give him his fire back and he'll be the star we all saw.
Right now its more mental if anything,he has been put under tons of pressure moving back to LT and shell saying this should be his pro bowl season,but thats what you want.This is only preseason so we'll have to wait for the regular season to see his progress under shell.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:35 PM    (permalink

I really like him and i think he just needs to regain is "beast" mentality that he had at Iowa.

It probably wouldn't hut if he was in better shape, but that is not the reason he is doing badly. I'll give him this year and some before i decide, but i am relatively confident he can turn it around with the proper coaching.

Most people don't realize that it takes a while for young o-lineman (especially tackles) to truly develope. Orlando Pace is the only one who has really been great from day one. Just look at Walter Jones and Ogden, those guys took some time to develop.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:36 PM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

he kept under hist expactions, he will be nothing special, no future hall of famer as i predicted.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ogden played LG for a season then slide over to LT.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

some analyst on ESPN(that denver bronco OG) said to give Gallery time because of his switch to LT. He said the switch is like having a right handed person start writing with their left hand.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:53 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
some analyst on ESPN(that denver bronco OG) said to give Gallery time because of his switch to LT. He said the switch is like having a right handed person start writing with their left hand.
Mark Schlereth
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yep.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

I'd say disappointment, not a bust just yet.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:50 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
for once, stink's got the right idea.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That would be a good argument had not Gallery been a LT in college.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd give him a year at the LT position, and see how he progresses, before considering the label of bust.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:02 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSaint
he kept under hist expactions, he will be nothing special, no future hall of famer as i predicted.
What a stupid comment. :?
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck
Quote:

well he spent to years at RT after getting into the NFL, image this, you write with your right hand for 3 years, then for 2 years you don't write at all with your right hand, then you are told to write with your right hand again, you would be a little rusty, give him some time.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:30 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he is anywhere near a bust because he is struggling right now. But I really don't think the RT/LT switch is that big of an impact. He does just not have good form in pass blocking. He is over his feet too much and he is lunging, probably the two biggest mistakes you can make in pass blocking.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

well he spent to years at RT after getting into the NFL, image this, you write with your right hand for 3 years, then for 2 years you don't write at all with your right hand, then you are told to write with your right hand again, you would be a little rusty, give him some time.
Actually he spent a year at guard and then a year at RT, but believe me, I want him to succeed just as much or more than anyone. It is evident he has a large body of work to do before he can be that pro-bowl player.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:39 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

I think Gallery just needs more time, O-tackle is one of the hardest positions to learn in the NFL and requires most 3 years before they breakout. So apply the same rule of thumb you would for wr's and qb's to tackles.

Also this seems alot like what Kwame Harris went through with the Niners, he was poor at LT (mainly bc he was a RT in college and dosn't have the quick feet for LT), but then he struggled when put back at RT. He spent 2 years learning all the technique to play weakside and then was struggling and lost when put at RT, but by the end of last year he was playing alot more solid probably bc he had some time to get used to his NATURAL position. I expect that same process for Gallery but expect the end product to be much much better.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:19 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually he spent a year at guard and then a year at RT, but believe me, I want him to succeed just as much or more than anyone. It is evident he has a large body of work to do before he can be that pro-bowl player.
Again, that is wrong. He started the first game against Pittsburgh at LG, but then when Langston Walker was getting manhandled by Clark Hagans, was switched over to RT fulltime. At RT his first year he was actually pretty darn good. Not All-Pro, #2 overall good, but pretty darn good for a rookie. Then the idiot Colletto came in last year and messed up the entire offensive line. The line went from performing very efficiently in 2004 yto utterly atrocious in 2005 with the only consolation being that Gallery was the least horrible of the starting 5.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you all think now?
Old 09-13-2006, 09:09 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
What do you all think now?
He got abused in 1 game doing the same things he did in preseason, why would anyone's opinion change?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-13-2006, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at the poll it was 50/50.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

He actually got a lot better towards the end of the pre-season, but it was obvious either the coaching staff or Gallery himself had not prepared for Merrimen. Gallery got blown back by Shawne countless times, almost all of them due to not setting up correctly.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:54 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those of you who voted no, every left tackle who was a bust in NFL not caused by injury look like Gallery looks out there. The precedents say that Gallery is a bust until proven otherwise. Odds are against him on turning his career around
Old 09-13-2006, 09:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
For those of you who voted no, every left tackle who was a bust in NFL not caused by injury look like Gallery looks out there. The precedents say that Gallery is a bust until proven otherwise. Odds are against him on turning his career around
Gallery was good last season at RT and it is going to take time for the transition. Thinking he is going to go to the other side and be just as good right away is just ignorant. Some guys have such a hard time switching (Jordan Gross for example) they stay on the right side.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-13-2006, 09:59 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd call him a bust.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. It's very naiive to think that he'll make a seamless transition to LT. That's just dumb. He'll be fine.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote