Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2006, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mike Bell

Before you read this, consider that it might be coming from a homer.

Mike Bell. Undrafted Free Agent out of Arizona. Ran in the 4.6's for NFL scouts.. maybe a mid round pick if not for that.

The thing is, you watch him, he looks like a pretty speedy guy. I bring it up, because you could watch him at arizona and tell he was fast, but just because he didnt put numbers on paper, his stock plummets.

so the Denver Broncos pick him up. Sign him. $20,000 signing bonus. Big deal. Just a roster filler. Tatum Bell is gonna start and Dayne will be a goal line guy. Right? Wrong. Mike Bell takes the starting Job. He is already being compared to Terrell Davis. Good, Right??

Wrong. It's not fair. You can't compare the guy to TD after 2 weeks of preseason football. Sure, he has come in the same way TD had, under the radar, but why cant he just be "Mike Bell?"

He is so under the radar, he won't even be in this year's Madden 2007.
Crazy for a back who will be starting come week 1 for the NFL's best rushing offense over the last decade. Still, things are still to be seen from him. Maybe i'll belive the hype if he pieces together 2 more good games.

Enough telling you what you already know about his past. I wanna know how in the world we picked this guy out of the rough. Him starting week 1 might still be a questionable act, but i wanna know what others think about him. Is he just a fluke RB in the Denver system? Will he rush for 1,200 yards this year, or will he wither into the backup or 3rd string job.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote