Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-20-2006, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mike Bell

Before you read this, consider that it might be coming from a homer.

Mike Bell. Undrafted Free Agent out of Arizona. Ran in the 4.6's for NFL scouts.. maybe a mid round pick if not for that.

The thing is, you watch him, he looks like a pretty speedy guy. I bring it up, because you could watch him at arizona and tell he was fast, but just because he didnt put numbers on paper, his stock plummets.

so the Denver Broncos pick him up. Sign him. $20,000 signing bonus. Big deal. Just a roster filler. Tatum Bell is gonna start and Dayne will be a goal line guy. Right? Wrong. Mike Bell takes the starting Job. He is already being compared to Terrell Davis. Good, Right??

Wrong. It's not fair. You can't compare the guy to TD after 2 weeks of preseason football. Sure, he has come in the same way TD had, under the radar, but why cant he just be "Mike Bell?"

He is so under the radar, he won't even be in this year's Madden 2007.
Crazy for a back who will be starting come week 1 for the NFL's best rushing offense over the last decade. Still, things are still to be seen from him. Maybe i'll belive the hype if he pieces together 2 more good games.

Enough telling you what you already know about his past. I wanna know how in the world we picked this guy out of the rough. Him starting week 1 might still be a questionable act, but i wanna know what others think about him. Is he just a fluke RB in the Denver system? Will he rush for 1,200 yards this year, or will he wither into the backup or 3rd string job.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a good look at Mike Bell at Arizona, but I refuse to decide how well he'll do until I at least see a pre-season game with him in it. If he is really succeeding in the zone blocking system then I assume he has a chance to at least get 1000 yards, but in the same vein, Tatum Bell is supremely talented and could become a Portis clone. I think how many yards Mike runs for has more to do with how much Tatum improves.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:06 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i still doubt he's the opening day starter.

i think i'd rather see cobbs right now, but *shrug*
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:10 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really liked Bell at Arizona, however, I don't think he's a starting RB just yet.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:12 PM    (permalink

Well, if he is actually the "real deal" and gets the majortiy of starts this season than i see him as the Mike Anderson type. He is probably just a product of the system, but production is production...i'll have to see him action though, before i make a definite decision.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:12 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did consider this and came up with this thought - HOMER

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:14 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan
quality addition to the thread. you don't even know who mike bell is, do you?
Old 08-20-2006, 05:19 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
He's an undrafted free agent who burnt it up for 1 pre season game. Big s**t. Can I start a thread on every player who looked good in pre season - Alex Smith, Gore, Delanie Walker, VD ?????

Jimmy wrote: 'Before you read this, consider that it might be coming from a homer. '

I did consider it and yes it did smack of homer

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:23 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
He's an undrafted free agent who burnt it up for 1 pre season game. Big s**t. Can I start a thread on every player who looked good in pre season - Alex Smith, Gore, Delanie Walker, VD ?????

Jimmy wrote: 'Before you read this, consider that it might be coming from a homer. '

I did consider it and yes it did smack of homer
he's also currently #1 on denver's depth chart. shanahan picked him up. so he's in a great system, with a coach with a great eye for guys who fit the system. can't imagine why anyone but a homer might think he'll succeed.

but i guess in ninerland, you just get so jaded by the complete lack of talent that anyone saying anythin about a guy on their own team being good "smacks of homer".
Old 08-20-2006, 06:13 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he''ll do alright.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:21 PM    (permalink
raiderfan_89
Pro Bowler

raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.

Tatu Bell will get a few runs during season and will shove it in Shanny's face,I truly hope T.Bell leaves the Broncos to come to the silver and black.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:29 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Tatum Bell will be the starter by opening day.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:40 PM    (permalink

Mike Bell is a 79 on madden i dont know what you are talking about saying he is under the radar.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Mike Bell is a 79 on madden i dont know what you are talking about saying he is under the radar.
yea he is on madden and he is a 79
Old 08-20-2006, 07:16 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

they rated him higher than backs that actually got drafted?

ha.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:16 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bells need some sort of nickname in Denver's backfield.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:22 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And Maurice Drew is a 75.

Eek.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

but if bell starts do you honestly think he wont deserve a 79 rating? i mean come on if he starts and stays healthy...he will easily top 1100+

The Bell Bros!..idk i have been trying to think of a nick name since we singed mike
Old 08-20-2006, 07:49 PM    (permalink
turninandburnin1
Rookie

turninandburnin1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

he's with the Broncos a team that creates great RB's.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:51 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True, but I don't think Bell has the measurables that Drew has. Mo Drew has speed/agility type rating in the mid-90s.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Stats
Veteran

Stats hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, if anyone has actually seen him play this preseason, it's obvious he's the best downhill runner on the Broncos. He sees the hole and hits it better than any back on the team. He runs with power and has the ability to break the big play. He can run between the tackles or outside. And he does a good job in short yardage and goal line(2 TDs on the goal line last nite).
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. I looked at the title of the thread and i knew it was going to be about a denver running back. I was thinking it was mike anderson, while confusing the last name of tatum bell. :roll:

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats
Well, if anyone has actually seen him play this preseason, it's obvious he's the best downhill runner on the Broncos. He sees the hole and hits it better than any back on the team. He runs with power and has the ability to break the big play. He can run between the tackles or outside. And he does a good job in short yardage and goal line(2 TDs on the goal line last nite).
exactly...he gets it done..might not have 4.3 speed like Bell or 240+ size like Danye...but he gets it done
Old 08-20-2006, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56
Quote:
exactly...he gets it done..might not have 4.3 speed like Bell or 240+ size like Danye...but he gets it done
I like him :)

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Unfortunately for the Ponies, they can't just play the Lions and the Titans.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote