Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
What is there to be afraid of September 9.....Derek Anderson!?
Yeah that's Derek Anderson in the picture...

No one fears the Steelers any more, you may still be better than Cleveland, but you guys aren't good anymore, don't be surprised if the Browns beat you guys September 9th.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Yeah that's Derek Anderson in the picture...

No one fears the Steelers any more, you may still be better than Cleveland, but you guys aren't good anymore, don't be surprised if the Browns beat you guys September 9th.
At least your a realist

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and by the way, you left something out of your sig.

The Mariners were clearly not thrilled with the detour before opening a three-game series against the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday.

"To tell the truth, I'm not excited to go to Cleveland, but we have to," Ichiro said through an interpreter. "If I ever saw myself saying I'm excited going to Cleveland, I'd punch myself in the face, because I'm lying."

Yinz silly stooler fans!

And by the way, just because my sig says September 9th doesn't mean I expect to win, I'm just pumped because I love the football season, and there is reason to be afraid of K2 ;)
Old 06-23-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, there's no pads on at this time. I take all reports with a grain of salt. I'll wait until training camp/preseason, at the least.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Meh, there's no pads on at this time. I take all reports with a grain of salt. I'll wait until training camp/preseason, at the least.
Last year Oakland 3-1 pre season.

Not a good indicator.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
Last year Oakland 3-1 pre season.

Not a good indicator.
I know...just think its better than minicamp.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grubbs is working as the backup to Chris Chester at RG.

Yamon Figurs will be our return man.

Marshal Yanda is gonna be a backup at OG and OT.

Antwan Barnes will be a situational pass rusher much like Terrell Suggs was his rookie year. Barnes will also contribute on special teams.

Le'Ron McClain may be the starting FB right out of the starting gate.

Troy Smith is the future at QB for the Ravens.

Prescott Burgess could end up being a big contributor and starter on this defense down the line, but for right now expected to be a major contributor on special teams in the way that Adalius Thomas and Bart Scott were when they came to us as late rd picks.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think Jonathan Joseph and Leon Hall will be a great combo down the line. That's some good drafting if you ask me.

Everything out of Chargers camps reads like the rest of this thread, but here's something interesting.

Our fifth round pick, WR Legedu Nanee of Boise State has caught Norv's eye to the point that they are designing new packages around him. He's got a great size and speed combo for a H-back/Fullback/WR/Tight End player, so apparently they're gonna move him all over the field looking for mismatches, which should be fun to watch. He's 6'2, 230, runs a 4.4, and he's built like an ox. Pretty cool.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a lot of people are still shaky on Harrell. Apparently it will take him awhile, possibly until next year, to be 100% because his injury is one that lingers. Personally I've been going back and forth on him but I've decided that I think he'll be a force at some point in his career but will be slow to contribute.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:36 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 smells like sex panther.

Dwayne Bowe: Dropped alot of catches in rookie minicamps but then came on strong in full team minicamps. Made great catches and showed playmaking ability.

Tank Tyler: Was a beast in rookie minicamps but when he went up against some of the veterans he struggled a little bit. Probably nothing more than technique that needs to be fixed because he is easily one of if not the strongest players on the team.

Tyron Brackenridge: UDFA cornerback is supposedly looking pretty good. He could challenge for the nickleback spot.

Nate Harris: UDFA middle linebacker from Louisville could be the backup to Napoleon Harris. Is definitely a talented linebacker and has been practicing as the #2 ILB.

Turk McBride: Haven't heard a whole lot about him. I still have no clue what his long term position is, DE or DT. Supposedly looked very good in the rookie minicamps.

Brad Ekwerekwu: Has been very solid in minicamps and has shown great hands. However, he might struggle to make the roster this year since we already have alot of young wide receivers challenging to make the roster. Could be a practice squad candidate.

Marcus O'Keith: Marshawn Lynch's backup at Cal has looked good in practices but the Chiefs are pretty stacked at runningback so I don't see much of a chance of him making the roster. Could challenge for a 4th RB spot though if Derrick Ross is too worn out from NFLE and if he can play special teams.

Ean Randolph: Little known WR from South Florida is currently #1 on the depth chart as the punt returner so he has a great chance of making the roster.

Kolby Smith: Has shown good power, speed, and quickness in minicamps. One article out of KC compared him to a young Priest Holmes who was also a backup in college. Chances are he will never be an elite starter but he can be a top notch backup. How much of a chance he gets depends on what happens with Larry Johnson.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:46 AM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post

Our fifth round pick, WR Legedu Nanee of Boise State has caught Norv's eye to the point that they are designing new packages around him. He's got a great size and speed combo for a H-back/Fullback/WR/Tight End player, so apparently they're gonna move him all over the field looking for mismatches, which should be fun to watch. He's 6'2, 230, runs a 4.4, and he's built like an ox. Pretty cool.
Hes a former QB so watch out for trick plays too. Man I pimped that man up during the combine. Hope he does well in Chargerland, just expect some dropped passes since he doesnt have the best concentration in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:26 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

JAGS

1) Reggie Nelson- will start, with the departure of both Deon Grant and Donovin Darius, Reggie Nelson will get to show his great playmaking ability right away...looked good in mini camp and showed great speed playing both FS and nickel CB...

2) Justin Durant- will not start, will be the number 2 behind Mike Peterson...has great speed and great athleticism....flies to the ball, in minicamp had an interception return for a touchdown that showed that he can do more than just tackle...

3) Mike Walker- Probably the most intriguing draft pick...not even one full year removed from tearing his ACL, runs a 4.28...instantly makes him the Jags fastest receiver...will play alot of slot...might see some time as the number 2 guy...will catch alot of passes that are 10+ yards...has the ability to become the Jags go to guy...

4) Adam Podlesh- first punter taken in the draft...steps in as the starter for departed Chris Hanson...great directional punter with an awesome leg...could be the probowl punter in a few seasons....

5) Josh Gattis- might see some playing time at both SS and FS...Gattis was a go getter at Wake Forest last season and played really well, he's a bit undersized which makes him an ideal candidate for the nickel CB spot, but none the less, the FO will use him at FS...Nelson at Nickel, Gattis at FS, Sensabaugh at SS

5) Uche Nwaneri- Will backup Manuwai and Meester at both guard and center...could become a starter in a few seasons, has the physical gifts...looked good in minicamp...

7) Chad Nkang- likely will not make the team...didn't do much in the minicamps...

7) John Broussard- this past leggy WR has a good chance to take Ernest Wilford's spot on the roster...he becomes the second fastest WR on the team, second to only other fellow rookie, Mike Walker, he's got great hands and showed great determination in minicamp..
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:03 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Walker, Jackie Battle and Marvin White were three guys I was huge on. I think Mike Walker will make an impact first day out their. And marvin White is just being Marvin White.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
JAGS

1) Reggie Nelson- will start, with the departure of both Deon Grant and Donovin Darius, Reggie Nelson will get to show his great playmaking ability right away...looked good in mini camp and showed great speed playing both FS and nickel CB...

2) Justin Durant- will not start, will be the number 2 behind Mike Peterson...has great speed and great athleticism....flies to the ball, in minicamp had an interception return for a touchdown that showed that he can do more than just tackle...

3) Mike Walker- Probably the most intriguing draft pick...not even one full year removed from tearing his ACL, runs a 4.28...instantly makes him the Jags fastest receiver...will play alot of slot...might see some time as the number 2 guy...will catch alot of passes that are 10+ yards...has the ability to become the Jags go to guy...

4) Adam Podlesh- first punter taken in the draft...steps in as the starter for departed Chris Hanson...great directional punter with an awesome leg...could be the probowl punter in a few seasons....

5) Josh Gattis- might see some playing time at both SS and FS...Gattis was a go getter at Wake Forest last season and played really well, he's a bit undersized which makes him an ideal candidate for the nickel CB spot, but none the less, the FO will use him at FS...Nelson at Nickel, Gattis at FS, Sensabaugh at SS

5) Uche Nwaneri- Will backup Manuwai and Meester at both guard and center...could become a starter in a few seasons, has the physical gifts...looked good in minicamp...

7) Chad Nkang- likely will not make the team...didn't do much in the minicamps...

7) John Broussard- this past leggy WR has a good chance to take Ernest Wilford's spot on the roster...he becomes the second fastest WR on the team, second to only other fellow rookie, Mike Walker, he's got great hands and showed great determination in minicamp..
Sounds like every player the Jags selected are HOFs...
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote