Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-25-2006, 09:11 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default Which NFC east has the BEST offensive unit as a whole?

This is a tough question. I ask you to relinquish all homerism and make an unbiased decision.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:13 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants. Not a hard decision for me. The only glaring question is QB, which can be improved with experience.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:14 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

I don't think that the Giants have a ? at QB, Eli is great...
Old 08-25-2006, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77
Yeah, him and his 51% completion with like 15 picks.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:16 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

in his first starting year??? That is pretty damn good considering he led the highest scoring offense..
Old 08-25-2006, 09:16 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can throw yards and TDs, but he has trouble completing passes, and to the right people. That can be corrected with time and experience.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 08-25-2006, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
No he's not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:19 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:
No he's not.
I'll trade you.. Strait up, Brunell for Eli??
Old 08-25-2006, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:
No he's not.
I'll trade you.. Strait up, Brunell for Eli??
Eli is better than Brunell, yes. But he is not a great QB yet.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 08-25-2006, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take the Giants here. They have a very good line, a great TE, good tall reciever, a powerful runningback and a QB that should improve into a great QB this year.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its between the Skins and Giants, but I'd give the edge to the Giants. Brunell is more of a question mark than Eli, and Portis' injury concerns leaave the Skins offense in doubt.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:20 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Washington Redskins probably have the most talent on offense, but the New York Giants will likely be better because they have chemistry.

Redskins will have to play without Clinton Portis for a few games and have two new wide receivers to work into the offense.

Giants have basically the same offense and Eli Manning has one more offseason of practice with them.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:24 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Redskins and I don't think it is close. They have possible the best OL in the league, and the best OT duo if nothing else. Brunell had a pro bowl caliber season last year. The have a good trio of WRs in Moss, Randle El, and Lloyd. Cooley is a great TE, and Sellers is a very good FB. Oh yea, and I forgot they have a top 5 RB (if not higher) in Clinton Portis.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 11:36 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Redskins and I don't think it is close. They have possible the best OL in the league, and the best OT duo if nothing else. Brunell had a pro bowl caliber season last year. The have a good trio of WRs in Moss, Randle El, and Lloyd. Cooley is a great TE, and Sellers is a very good FB. Oh yea, and I forgot they have a top 5 RB (if not higher) in Clinton Portis.
You forgot TJ Duckett, Christian Fauria, and David Patten..
Old 08-25-2006, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
You forgot TJ Duckett, Christian Fauria, and David Patten..
No he didn't.

I think the Redskins offense is a notch below both the Giants and Cowboys.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 08-26-2006, 12:49 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys could easily be the best or the worst, their offense is in that much flux.

For the record I voted Giants, they have a nice blend of run and pass.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:14 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
He can throw yards and TDs, but he has trouble completing passes, and to the right people. That can be corrected with time and experience.
Exactly, as of right now Manning last season was somewhat Collinsesque last season, putting up lots of yardage with low accuracy and without a great td/int ratio.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:17 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont expect Eli to be any better this year, in fact I think he will be the Giants downfall. From what I've seen in preseason, Eli doesnt look to be anymore accurate than he was last season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:36 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Which NFC east has the BEST offensive unit as a whole?

Quote:
This is a tough question. I ask you to relinquish all homerism and make an unbiased decision.
That's like asking me to stop being so dang awesome, it's just not going to happen.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO the team with the best line has the best potential offense. So I vote Washington.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:30 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
IMO the team with the best line has the best potential offense. So I vote Washington.
Thats who I voted for, with that O-Line, their RB, their 3 good recievers and an above average QB, they get my nod.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Which NFC east has the BEST offensive unit as a whole?

Right now, you have to say it's the Giants.

The Redskins have a chance to usurp them with their talent and Al Saunders, but it remains to be seen if things come to together and work as the season progresses.

I wouldn't count out the Eagles from making a push, but the WRs would have to step up when called upon to do so, not to mention Brian Westbrook staying healthy.

Between their OL and Totally Obnoxious, I don't like the 'Boys chances of moving above the bottom half of this list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
That's like asking me to stop being so dang awesome, it's just not going to happen.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say the Redskins. Portis, Moss, and Cooley make for a pretty good offense.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im going to go with the Giants, then the Redskins in 2nd place. The skins have the best oline, but I think their WR set is a bit exaggerrated. Lloyd isn't that great at all, and Randle El is a glorified slot receiver. Al Saunders is vastly overrated (I have yet to see a coordinator run or catch a ball), I don't see how he is going to vastly improve a unit that was already pretty good.

I have concerns with Brunell's durability. And quite frankly, the skins first unit offense hasn't looked good at all in preseason. I think they have the best young RB of this group in Portis, but for this year alone I think Portis and Barber are equivalents. 2 years from now its Portis easy, but this year, its a tie or Barber gets the edge. Moss is a stud, but again, I have concerns about their qb. The oline is easily the best, followed by Philly's.

I expect Eli Manning to prove all the haters wrong and make the leap this year, Shockey is the best TE in the division imo, followed by Witten, Burress is solid, im not as high on him as others but he's still good. Toomer is a great possession receiver and Carter/Moss will stretch the defense. Ultimately its a tie talent wise, with the Giants getting an edge because I take Eli any day over Brunell. Even if Eli doesn't improve, the Eli of now is still better than the Brunell of now. But I highly doubt you won't see an improvement from Eli. He has a lot of haters, and I can't wait until he proves all of them wrong. Ive never seen a young qb get so much hate in my life.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:22 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Ive never seen a young qb get so much hate in my life.
Maybe you should come to Jacksonville. Leftwich gets so much crap it's ridiculous.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote: