Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-10-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
naruto613
Rookie

naruto613 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Why do so many Mock Drafts have the Giants picking at #10?

I'm a fan and a realist....

Losing Tiki isn't going to hurt them terribly. I honestly believe that Eli isn't terrible it's just that when it comes time to huddle up, he isn't the one calling the shots. Shockey and Burress are two huge egos and Eli is a shrimp. If Eli starts to lay down his thoughts and start to express himself as a leader, he'll be fine.

I don't see why people think that Tampa is going to be better than the Giants. They have an expired, old and tired out defense, and their offense is "Eh" at best. Some drafts have St. Louis having a high pick. Personally, I think that Bulger on a contract year will have a good year, but the rest of his team is playing average.

Any Comments?
naruto613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep in Team Discussion, but mocks mean nothing, especially before preseason, ESPN had miami and carolina going to the superbowl or at least being superbowl contenders so you never know

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Shockey had the same ego at Miami and he had no problems taking orders from Ken Dorsey and that team had many more personalities on it as well.

I don't get how having Shockey and Burgess as big egos is used as a point to defend Eli's subpar play this far into his career. If he can't get his offense to listen to him, then what good is he as a QB? It's not like either of those two guys are TO.

Not sure how you think losing Tiki is not gonna be as big as most people think. I forget the extra numbers I remember reading that he was responsible for more then 60 percent of your offense. Not to mention he was your biggest game changer and best player. I seriously doubt your gonna replace that with Brandon Jacobs and I don't see anyone else ready to step up and pick up any slack.

The Giants have alot of problems. They make it 8-8 last season and are a prime team to tail off. Tom Coughlin seems to be lossing his players and the team has huge question marks at both OLB spots and in the secondary. Very inconsistent QB play. Plus they lost their best player and offensive threat. It's certainly very realistic to think that after all that they could lose two more games then last season, go 6-10 and be picking in the 8-10 range.

You call yourself a Giants fan and realist but so far you look just like a plain old Giants fan.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Shockey had the same ego at Miami and he had no problems taking orders from Ken Dorsey and that team had many more personalities on it as well.

I don't get how having Shockey and Burgess as big egos is used as a point to defend Eli's subpar play this far into his career. If he can't get his offense to listen to him, then what good is he as a QB? It's not like either of those two guys are TO.

Not sure how you think losing Tiki is not gonna be as big as most people think. I forget the extra numbers I remember reading that he was responsible for more then 60 percent of your offense. Not to mention he was your biggest game changer and best player. I seriously doubt your gonna replace that with Brandon Jacobs and I don't see anyone else ready to step up and pick up any slack.

The Giants have alot of problems. They make it 8-8 last season and are a prime team to tail off. Tom Coughlin seems to be lossing his players and the team has huge question marks at both OLB spots and in the secondary. Very inconsistent QB play. Plus they lost their best player and offensive threat. It's certainly very realistic to think that after all that they could lose two more games then last season, go 6-10 and be picking in the 8-10 range.

You call yourself a Giants fan and realist but so far you look just like a plain old Giants fan.
how to do the giants have both olbs spots in question i no one in kiwi but how is kawika Mitchell a question mark?

have you ever watched Brandon Jacobs play? cause if u have you would no he has a lot more potential then just a short yardage back and plus we got Reuben droughns sure he isnt as good as was in denver but he did rush for a thousand yards with Cleveland's oline so he can only do better behind our's
Old 06-10-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

If I were to make a rough mock draft for next year, I'd likely put the Giants in the 10-15 range.

Too many major question marks at too many key spots and not enough playmakers on top of mediocre at best coaching could lead to a loong year for us. Not saying we can't win because we have plenty of untapped potential at those key spots, but as of right now you can't like our chances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:24 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Why would anyone even do a mock draft for next year when training camps haven't even started yet?

Doing mock drafts and following them this far in advance is stupid, a waste of time.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:57 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post

There is also a reason why our OC was fired. Our offense did pass through Tiki and the good and bad also came from it. Panthers playoff game, John Fox, knew this, and basically shut Tiki down, and blitzed the hell out of ELi, and made him try to win it. While losing him would hurt, it can make us more balanced in terms of not one single player being our offense.

As far as alot of problems, main two problems have been fired, that being our OC and DC. We managed to be smart in free agency, while filling our needs via the draft. So I don't know where you see all these problems. As far as 8-8, we were tied having the hardest schedule in football, and managed a 6-2 schedule early on only for us to have injuries hit us. We lost our LT, and reliable WR, in Amani Toomer. Despite all this, we still made the playoffs!

Inconsistent qb play came once Luke P, our LT went down, and once Carter took over the #2 wr spot. While he has be inconsistent his numbers for his first two full seasons has been good.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:46 AM    (permalink
NYGIANTSFAN_UK

Not sure exactly how we will do, but I do think theres a very good chance we finish bottom of the division.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:01 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We're going 16-0.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Giants are in a hard division. The team has a lot of question marks. Do you think the Giants are as good as they were last year when they finished 8-8? And then the possibilities of injuries. I'm with Number 10 at this point in saying 10-15 range.