Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-05-2006, 03:50 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin
revenge??? revenge for wat... the vikings are the ones that gave him a 2nd chance and gave him a new contract.... the vikings should be the one talking abut revenge
Thank you, as I was about to say the same exact thing.
by revenage i mean everyone love to beat there old team (look at sharper)
Sharper has not done anything to us yet.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:53 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin
revenge??? revenge for wat... the vikings are the ones that gave him a 2nd chance and gave him a new contract.... the vikings should be the one talking abut revenge
Thank you, as I was about to say the same exact thing.
by revenage i mean everyone love to beat there old team (look at sharper)
Sharper has not done anything to us yet.
im not saying that he did something im saying he went the to vs his old team
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romarville
I don't think that any locker room needs the headaches that Koren would bring.
Most of his teammates in Minny liked him alot and were pulling for him to recover, so it's not like he was disliked in the locker room.

Green Bay really has nothing to lose in this deal, as of now they only have 4 WR's on the roster and no kick returner and Koren can help with both. And anyone who thinks that they won't protect themselves in the contract incase Koren gets suspended or arrested again is foolish. It will be a minimal risk for GB and he won't probably won't get paid very much anyways. Koren is a good player when he's actually on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:59 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romarville
I don't think that any locker room needs the headaches that Koren would bring.
Most of his teammates in Minny liked him alot and were pulling for him to recover, so it's not like he was disliked in the locker room.

Green Bay really has nothing to lose in this deal, as of now they only have 4 WR's on the roster and no kick returner and Koren can help with both. And anyone who thinks that they won't protect themselves in the contract incase Koren gets suspended or arrested again is foolish. It will be a minimal risk for GB and he won't probably won't get paid very much anyways. Koren is a good player when he's actually on the field.
Quote:
In the interim period between his release and re-signing the second time around on Sept. 20, the Packers tried to intercede. Green Bay, which had lost wide receiver Javon Walker for the season, attempted to entice Robinson to pass on the Vikings' offer for more money and a guaranteed starter's spot. He declined, citing the loyalty the Vikings

Almost a year a later, it looks like K-Rob and the Packers could be courting one another again. While it remains unclear when or if the league will suspend Robinson for his high-speed police chase and DWI arrest that led to his ouster from the Vikings, the Packers clearly have a need. After cutting their roster down to 53, the Packers have just four wide receivers on the roster -- as well as a glaring need for a kick returner. Robinson could be a helpful addition in both areas.

The Packers might wait until after the first game to attempt a signing of Robinson

No timetable has been set for when the new commissioner will hear the case

http://vikings.scout.com/2/564674.html
also Greg Jennings has been named Number 2

http://www.packers.com/team/depth_chart/
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No big deal here. And who cares if you are complaining about him getting too many chances. It's not like he's coming in and being our main receiver, he's being our fifth, and maybe he can work his way up to the fourth slot with time. And he can return punts for us which is a vacancy on our team. Good signing, plus TT has experience with him so that's a plus also.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Romarville
Rookie

Romarville hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If the Pack wants him, then by all means. I hope he plays great for the rest of his career and stays sober. The only reason I don't like him is because Holmgren really pulled for this guy and Koren let him down.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:08 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler
No big deal here. And who cares if you are complaining about him getting too many chances. It's not like he's coming in and being our main receiver, he's being our fifth, and maybe he can work his way up to the fourth slot with time. And he can return punts for us which is a vacancy on our team. Good signing, plus TT has experience with him so that's a plus also.
if we're going to talk about a guy getting a fifty-seventh chance, it should make no difference whatsoever if he's getting it as a #1 or a practice squad guy.

on the other hand, i hope you and the rest of the second-chance guys have been completely supportive of guys like latrell sprewell, ron artest and terrell owens.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:49 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
if we're going to talk about a guy getting a fifty-seventh chance, it should make no difference whatsoever if he's getting it as a #1 or a practice squad guy.

on the other hand, i hope you and the rest of the second-chance guys have been completely supportive of guys like latrell sprewell, ron artest and terrell owens.
The only think that I don't like TO is that he is a media *****. And I'm sick of seeing his face every time I watch TV. If it's on sunday, its okay, but other than that, he needs to shut up
Old 09-05-2006, 05:52 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWICGB
Quote:
Quote:

The only think that I don't like TO is that he is a media ***********. And I'm sick of seeing his face every time I watch TV. If it's on sunday, its okay, but other than that, he needs to shut up
sure, and i'm not trying to "out" anyone or anything, but it seems to be an NFLDC thing to think the guy deserves ample second chances if he's a member of Team X and you root for Team X, but that he should be strung up by his ballls if he's a member of Team Y.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:07 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
just read on packers news that koren will not be prosicuted until after the 2006 season and this means that the nfl officials will not be able to punish him until after the season is over.... so i dunnno what to think?

nice...sign him...yeah, he's a charcter issue, but green bay is a relatively small and boring town...not a lot to do to get yourself in trouble...and packers haven't had a kick returner since desmond howard.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
Quote:
just read on packers news that koren will not be prosicuted until after the 2006 season and this means that the nfl officials will not be able to punish him until after the season is over.... so i dunnno what to think?

nice...sign him...yeah, he's a charcter issue, but green bay is a relatively small and boring town...not a lot to do to get yourself in trouble...and packers haven't had a kick returner since desmond howard.
Allen Rossum.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:33 PM    (permalink

While I would rather it be another team I wouldnt mind, in fact I would be happy to, see Koren get another chance, I just dont want to see someone throw their career away....agian.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:59 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would be very surprised for him to be fifth. Obviously it's Driver first, Jennings second. But after that it's up in the air. He should start out at at least 4th. I like martin but If he cant beat Martin out then do we really need him. and no one can say that he cant get ahead of Ferguson.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:17 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think it would go Diver jennings/ferguson Robinson, and martin. but ill be surprised if robinson gets signed.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Well I guess I'll just agree to disagree. Because in my mind, if he's going to get fifth receiver on the depth chart kind of money, than what's the difference between signing some other backup to play the role or taking him. I mean sure you could number the chances off like you said with your fifty seventh thing but I personally think that this "chance" is very minor compared to a team signing him to come in and be one of their top two or three receivers.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:40 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well I guess I'll just agree to disagree. Because in my mind, if he's going to get fifth receiver on the depth chart kind of money, than what's the difference between signing some other backup to play the role or taking him. I mean sure you could number the chances off like you said with your fifty seventh thing but I personally think that this "chance" is very minor compared to a team signing him to come in and be one of their top two or three receivers.
I think he's talking about how Robinson won't learn if somebody keeps giving him another chance, and it doesn't matter where he is on the depth chart, for him to learn his lesson, he has to hit absolutely rock bottom
Old 09-05-2006, 11:38 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone clear something if we sign him would be be able to play this year? If so how?
Old 09-05-2006, 11:44 PM    (permalink
dc22
Veteran

dc22 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN
Can someone clear something if we sign him would be be able to play this year? If so how?
I read somewhere that if he is suspended by the league it will take place after this season
dc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:03 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think it would go Diver jennings/ferguson Robinson, and martin. but ill be surprised if robinson gets signed.
If Robinson gets signed I believe he'll eventually work his way to #2 as he is a very good WR, just with some problems. I really don't view him as anywhat of a clubhouse problem and don't believe that this is a big enough issue to give up on him (either player wise or character wise).

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:13 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

nice...sign him...yeah, he's a charcter issue, but green bay is a relatively small and boring town...not a lot to do to get yourself in trouble..
Do you have bars? Do you have roads? That's probably enough for him to get in trouble.

As for Vince saying that the team has nothing to lose. Here's something. Koren gets drunk, drives his car, and hits someone. Sound crazy? Not really. How's that for PR in a town completely obsessed with their football team and its image.

I'm not against giving the guy a second chance. What I am against, is rushing someone back that has a disease simply because he has the ability to play football when really he needs to check his ass into a rehabilitation center and focus on things that really matter, like living.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:16 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWICGB
The way I see it, so he has a problem with alcohol.... yeah so does the whole state of wisconsin.

This last time he only blew a .11 BAC... a large number of people drive to work the next day and could still blow a .11! Sign him and let him assimilate into the Wisconsin population

It would be a good signing for the Packers. I have not seen a link, but I read on another forum that he doesn't go on trial until after the season. He could play for a year, make some decent cash and get another year on his pension, then he'd likely have to serve his year suspension for the 2007 season.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:19 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
If Robinson gets signed I believe he'll eventually work his way to #2 as he is a very good WR, just with some problems. I really don't view him as anywhat of a clubhouse problem and don't believe that this is a big enough issue to give up on him (either player wise or character wise).
nope cause jennings is gonna be much better than koren, much much better.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:12 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Quote:

nice...sign him...yeah, he's a charcter issue, but green bay is a relatively small and boring town...not a lot to do to get yourself in trouble..
Do you have bars? Do you have roads? That's probably enough for him to get in trouble.

As for Vince saying that the team has nothing to lose. Here's something. Koren gets drunk, drives his car, and hits someone. Sound crazy? Not really. How's that for PR in a town completely obsessed with their football team and its image.

I'm not against giving the guy a second chance. What I am against, is rushing someone back that has a disease simply because he has the ability to play football when really he needs to check his ass into a rehabilitation center and focus on things that really matter, like living.
I completely agree right now. Football should be the last thing on his mind, and I think that any team willing to sign him is being incredibly selfish, and is showing a complete disregard to Koren's safety and the safety of the people of Green Bay. He needs help before he needs football.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:45 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK if GB is the best place for him...but atleast he doesn't have to worry about traveling on alot of highways doing 100 he can be doing it in the city instead.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote