Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:42 PM    (permalink
intergalacticspacemonkey

Both Brett Favre and Drew Bledsoe struggled in their opening game and there has been a lot of talk about both of them being benched. My question is who would you bench first and why. On one hand you have Drew Bledsoe who is slow and inconsistent, but he is also a veteran and could pull it together. If you benched him your going with an unproven Tony Romo and a QB controversy which could divide the team. Romo is also a mobile QB who outperformed Bledsoe in the preseason and did it consistently. It comes down to who gives you the best chance to win. Then there is Brett Favre and the Packers. The Packers are terrible and aren't going anywhere fast. Favre still has some talent left, but he is getting older and can't do it all by himself. He is also hindering the progress of Aaron Rodgers by starting. The question is does Brett sit to pave a way for the future which is already under way or keep your pride and keep going out their every Sunday. Then on the otherside of the coin, Rodgers hasn't blown away the coaches either. He still is probably a year away from even beginning to make an impact.

My conclusion: Bench Brett Favre before Drew Bledsoe. The Cowboys are still considered a playoff team and this was the first game. Plus Bledsoe didn't get much work in with Terrell Owens which could of also made a big difference. While the Packers are absolutley terrible. Instead of getting shutout with Favre behind the gun, have Rodgers do it and gain valuable experience of learning to read defenses and so forth. In the end, the lack of talent to win this season is the ultimate reason that Favre should be benched before Bledsoe.

Admin Edit: I included Plummer.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre for sure, the Packers are going to be a horrible team no matter what so you might as well get the young guy in, but that will never happen because the Packers wouldn't have the guts to bench him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettosermon
Favre for sure, the Packers are going to be a horrible team no matter what so you might as well get the young guy in, but that will never happen because the Packers wouldn't have the guts to bench him.
I'd love to see the coach that benches favre is his first year as a head coach. people from wisconsin would have his head on a stake. ... PLus favre didn't really play terrible either. He was playing agianst a good defense with inexpirance all around him. The packers have 23 rookies on their roster i think. It's gonna take time before everyone gets onthe same page.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:36 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
I'd love to see the coach that benches favre is his first year as a head coach. people from wisconsin would have his head on a stake. ... PLus favre didn't really play terrible either. He was playing agianst a good defense with inexpirance all around him. The packers have 23 rookies on their roster i think. It's gonna take time before everyone gets onthe same page.

That is BS favre play horrible and you know it. Explain thoes 2 ints please.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre then Bledsoe then Plummer.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bench Culpepper! Put in Joey!

J/p, but I wouldn't mind seeing it, just for the hell of it.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:50 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya those ints were bad, but were they both not in the 4th of a blowout??

i'm not sure if it all goes onto brett. seems like just an easy target, u can't say that his team is awesome and it was soley him who lost. he wasn't special, and those 2 ints were brutal, but its one game and i see no reason for EVERYTHING to fall on Favre

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:53 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We want the Romo!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:
Quote:

That is BS favre play horrible and you know it. Explain thoes 2 ints please.
Those two INts didn't matter the game was lost by then dude he was trying to make somthing outta nothing. and one was even all his fault it was a blown route by jennings. I'm not saying favre is the number 1 QB in the league, but look at what he's working with,(Inexpiranced players for the most part) seriously get off his nuts and give the man a few games to work with all these new faces before you tell him to throw in the towel.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 09-11-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma
ya those ints were bad, but were they both not in the 4th of a blowout??

i'm not sure if it all goes onto brett. seems like just an easy target, u can't say that his team is awesome and it was soley him who lost. he wasn't special, and those 2 ints were brutal, but its one game and i see no reason for EVERYTHING to fall on Favre
exactly.

they get smoked.

Old 09-11-2006, 04:09 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
I really, really hope you are kidding. Favre was awful.

They should bench him. They need to build for the future, get Rodgers some PT, so you can build. Favre has even hinted that he doesn't wanna play for that team any more. Not playing ROdgers would be moronic.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:16 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kerry Collins and Daunte Culpepper simultaneously.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:19 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

favre played decent up until desperation time...the 2 picks were deep balls in the 4th quarter.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:20 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
favre played decent up until desperation time...the 2 picks were deep balls in the 4th quarter.

just curious, whats your favorite team?
Old 09-11-2006, 04:24 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

the packers..i'm from green bay...might sound like a homer...but its true...he made the throws and made good decisions up until the game was outa reach...then he went for the big play...i know the stat line looks bad..but if you watched the game, he did allright. it pains me to say this, but the packers lost because the bears were the better team...there were some bs calls, but they wouldn't have changed the outcome.

now i'm curious, did you watch the entire game, or just see the highlights and stat line?
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:26 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its time to see what a-rod has got

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:32 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

anybody see the interview favre say that if he wants to start and they dont want him to start then thay may have to trade him so he will never not start
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:31 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:

You shouldnt be allowed to talk, I just completly block out ur posts at this point. There moronic, they have no point, nor contribute to the argument. So please, if you have nothing smart to post, dont post at all.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:35 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think you bench any of them you get something for um. What would the 49ers do for a guy like brett. If you had to bench um I would bench Favre.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:37 PM    (permalink

its only week 1, no need to bench anyone just yet
Old 09-11-2006, 06:39 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:39 PM    (permalink

why would you bench cutler?
Old 09-11-2006, 06:40 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
I say bench collins! haha... Did you hear the Titans fans: VOLEK!!! VOLEK!!! VOLEK!!!

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:42 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
a.k.a the future of the NFL.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:44 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
why would you bench cutler?
Your joking right? I meant the snake if not.....

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote