Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Will Pacman play again?
Yes 22 41.51%
No 31 58.49%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

When you score 13 on your wonderlic it isnt a great sign of optimism.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
lol this is what you call "hating"

lol@buy a normal car...i guess if your a millionaire a lamborghini is not a normal car, and its not pimpin a ride, it comes stock that way, and as far as entertainers are concerned he's by far not the only one...i mean, you act as if he's wasting money, like youve never seen an episode of cribs before, or that makes you ignorant to have a lamborghini

either way, its gonna hurt him with time off, just like jamal lewis, you have to be constantly eating right, working out, and in shape, im not sure with all these trials he can devote time to that like he wants....but he's gifted so if he devotes his time right he can do it, but as a titan he's done which is sad
You're right, let people starve so you can have a sweet car.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's why vince young will find himself rotting in a mexican prison sometime next year.
right with dan marino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
do you think pacman is the sole owner of a lamborghini? so you think its just one orange murcielago rolling around and it belongs to him, the rest are just sitting on the dealership i guess...but your right, lets blame starvation and hunger on pacman jones, not the president...makes alot more sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why the hell does he have an orange Lamborghini anyway? How about buy a normal car, and I dunno, donate money to charity. That's a better use than pimpin' yo ride.
Easy to say when you're not the one with the money.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
lol this is what you call "hating"

lol@buy a normal car...i guess if your a millionaire a lamborghini is not a normal car, and its not pimpin a ride, it comes stock that way, and as far as entertainers are concerned he's by far not the only one...i mean, you act as if he's wasting money, like youve never seen an episode of cribs before, or that makes you ignorant to have a lamborghini

either way, its gonna hurt him with time off, just like jamal lewis, you have to be constantly eating right, working out, and in shape, im not sure with all these trials he can devote time to that like he wants....but he's gifted so if he devotes his time right he can do it, but as a titan he's done which is sad
yeah but the diff b/w him and Jamal Lewis is he isnt in jail so he can still work with a trainer do all the stuff to really stay in shape and he also doesnt have the wear and tear of Jamal Lewis...Whether or not he does that we'll see. Its all in Pac- Mans hands.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
do you think pacman is the sole owner of a lamborghini? so you think its just one orange murcielago rolling around and it belongs to him, the rest are just sitting on the dealership i guess...but your right, lets blame starvation and hunger on pacman jones, not the president...makes alot more sense
I'm not blaming it all on him. I guess I'm just sick of these obscenely rich athletes while there are starving people and homeless people all around the world. It's probably not something to say on an NFL forum because most fans don't care, but I guess I do. Sorry for thinking that.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Pac Man is going to have no cash left by the way he is going. Let's see. He takes $80,000 in cash to a strip club. He drives a Lamborghini and doesn't have insurance.

The guy has to be the stupidest guy in the NFL.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
yeah but the diff b/w him and Jamal Lewis is he isnt in jail so he can still work with a trainer do all the stuff to really stay in shape and he also doesnt have the wear and tear of Jamal Lewis...Whether or not he does that we'll see. Its all in Pac- Mans hands.
He isn't in jail yet...
Old 07-12-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

so is anyone gonna tell me what Pac-Man has done since his suspension that is putting his career in jeopardy? The only thing ive heard about is some kind of traffic citation/unregistered vehicle, im not exactly sure, but it sounds like something that wouldnt be newsworthy if it was any other player outside of Pac-Man.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Look at the lifestyle you live, hypocrit. You could do with MUCH less. Donate ALL your extra money to charity. Do not buy anything for yourself.

Quit harping on rich people because they don't donate every extra cent they have to charity. I'm so sick of hearing that. They give what they want to, like everybody else.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
so is anyone gonna tell me what Pac-Man has done since his suspension that is putting his career in jeopardy? The only thing ive heard about is some kind of traffic citation/unregistered vehicle, im not exactly sure, but it sounds like something that wouldnt be newsworthy if it was any other player outside of Pac-Man.
He's a had a few minor run-ins, nothing that is going to put his career in jeopardy. It's mostly just stuff that he should be avoiding if he wants to redeem his image in the eyes of the league and fans.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
He's a had a few minor run-ins, nothing that is going to put his career in jeopardy. It's mostly just stuff that he should be avoiding if he wants to redeem his image in the eyes of the league and fans.
Can't PacMan go a couple of months without a "run-in" with the cops?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

Quote:
legality in this case being irrelevant (we're talking his career and not a life in prison), his decision to go to a strip club the night before talking to the comissioner about an incident involving a strip club was not an intelligent one.

for those who don't seem to get it, i get that it wasn't illegal, but that has no bearing whatsoever on the impression it made on goodell, which has a MAJOR bearing on his ability to continue to play in the nfl.
thats not what im talking about....pac-mans decision to go the strip club was one of many bad ones...While he hasnt been convicted of any crimes, he was still involved in too many negative situations and Goodell slapped a major suspension on him, making an example out of him. Afterwards, he admitted his mistakes and has pledged to make the changes he needs to....Now what Im saying is since then what has he done to make us think this is not the case? If all we're talking about is an unregistered vehicle and some kind of minor traffic violation, I would say whoever made this topic is making way too much out of it. Im not gonna assume Pac-Man is making no effort to stay out of trouble and will never make it back to the NFL based on some petty stuff like that.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

reading this article on ESPN it seems more like an asshole cop targeting pac-man than him actually doing anything wrong. It says the cop had previously vowed to pull him over the first chance he got and that the reason he pulled him over was that he suspected that he didn't have a TEN drivers license, only a GA one, which is not valid grounds to pull him over. And the unregistered vehicle thing might not even be true because he didnt get cited for it. Pac-Man does need to keep his nose clean and try to avoid any type of negative headlines, because its important he is really doing positive and putting forth a positive image if he wants to get re-instated. But that can be tough if you are being made a target out of and there are cops that are just looking for an excuse to pull him over. I dont exactly what the truth is in this incident but Im gonna give Pacman a pass on this one because it doesnt seem like he was doing anything wrong and at worst it was an unregistered vehicle, which is not a big deal (maybe he just bought it and was planning to register it in the next few days) and perhaps he didnt even do anything wrong and this is all just a product of a cop who was out to get him.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
reading this article on ESPN it seems more like an asshole cop targeting pac-man than him actually doing anything wrong. It says the cop had previously vowed to pull him over the first chance he got and that the reason he pulled him over was that he suspected that he didn't have a TEN drivers license, only a GA one, which is not valid grounds to pull him over. And the unregistered vehicle thing might not even be true because he didnt get cited for it. Pac-Man does need to keep his nose clean and try to avoid any type of negative headlines, because its important he is really doing positive and putting forth a positive image if he wants to get re-instated. But that can be tough if you are being made a target out of and there are cops that are just looking for an excuse to pull him over. I dont exactly what the truth is in this incident but Im gonna give Pacman a pass on this one because it doesnt seem like he was doing anything wrong and at worst it was an unregistered vehicle, which is not a big deal (maybe he just bought it and was planning to register it in the next few days) and perhaps he didnt even do anything wrong and this is all just a product of a cop who was out to get him.

well being a public figure like him you can actualyl justify thinking like that... that is what it seems to look like from our outsie perspective though

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This kind of stuff doesn't bother me. I say "big deal" to this story. Now if he was in another strip club, late at night, with his posse, that I have a problem with.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
right with dan marino
ahhahaha thats sooo true.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
well being a public figure like him you can actualyl justify thinking like that... that is what it seems to look like from our outsie perspective though
im not quite sure I understand what you mean by this

Shiver, I agree completely, if he was out at the club again late at night with his entourage and his flashy car, cash money and bling-bling etc it would be a problem because that would pretty much show that he is not trying to make changes and is gonna continue to put himself in situations where he will get in trouble. This story on the other hand doesnt mean anything to me and like I said this wouldnt even make the news if it was any other NFL player, much less get an entire thread made about it.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Why do I have a feeling PacMan is going to be one of these guys who will declare bankruptcy a few years after signing his contract?

Wait until his lawyers get their take for defending him. It's going to cost PacMan a pretty penny.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

Quote:
again, not that i wholly disagree, but just to cherry-pick, when you buy a new car, you have a temporary registration that lasts a few months. this may work in a slightly different way in some states, but here, he would've had to have ignored the temporary registration for about 3 months then still failed to get it taken care of.

*shrug* i get what you're saying about him being a target, but he also needs to realize that he's a target and begin to be significantly more careful. i don't have a problem with this necessarily (nor do i think the league office cares all that much), but if he slips up at all and has, say, weed in the car, or drives .001 over the limit or goes 90 in a 45, he has to realize they're going to get him. and he has to take steps to deal with that, so that when they do get him, it's for petty crap like a headlight being out, rather than something that could involve handcuffs.
yeah i have to agree
Old 07-13-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop giving this ass any attention. He doesn't deserve it.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote