Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-17-2006, 06:30 PM    (permalink
intergalacticspacemonkey

Chicago and San Diego only allowed one touchdown, but played terrible teams. Baltimore only allowed six points and played one good team that is offensively challenged.

Who do you think has the best defense?
Old 09-17-2006, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver has not allowed a single TD.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly dont belive the Bears have the best D. Sure they dont give up the points, but htey do give up the yards now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

homerism is oozing out so I choose not to vote.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:32 PM    (permalink

its chicago until they play bad.

since when does playing well agianst good teams make you worse?
Old 09-17-2006, 06:32 PM    (permalink
danman253

Seattle isn't the best, but they deserve to be an option.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:33 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Seattle isn't the best, but they deserve to be an option.
Agreed....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Diego for me. Amazing pressure with their front three and linebackers.
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears. But it'll be interesting to see how they play later on when they get some rougher teams.
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad the Chargers are making me look good. I said before the season started that they were the 2nd best D in the league (of course whooping the Raiders and Titans doesn't take much).

Anyway, it's Chicago. Chicago was the best last year and they only got better. What is there really even to argue?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore right now.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:41 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guess who voted other and why 8)

No, I'm kidding I voted Chicago.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:42 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
Denver has not allowed a single TD.
And they arent even an option
Old 09-17-2006, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
I'm glad the Chargers are making me look good. I said before the season started that they were the 2nd best D in the league (of course whooping the Raiders and Titans doesn't take much).

Anyway, it's Chicago. Chicago was the best last year and they only got better. What is there really even to argue?
It's debatable that the Bears were the best last year, but I won't bother debating that since it's a moot point.

Last year doesn't matter that much because even if the Bears got better, so did other teams. Say the Bears were a A- defence last year, with the next best team being a B+. Maybe the Bears improve to A this year, but the team that was B+ improved to A+.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:50 PM    (permalink
intergalacticspacemonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51

We'll Detroit did tear them up at the start of the 3rd quarter.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:52 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chicago followed by San Diego. Baltimore isn't even top 5, they just have played really really bad teams the first 2 weeks (oakland should have the top pick in the draft, and Tampa has been the worst offense in the NFC to date)
Old 09-17-2006, 07:30 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Bears
2. Chargers
3. Baltimore

One team that no one said is Pittsburgh. They have a great run D, and pass D is darn good too.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 07:39 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm extremely critical of our defense, and IMO we haven't played like we're capable of yet, and that's scary.

And in today's game I was very disappointed. Maybe it was the game plan, or maybe it was just how we played, but our pass coverage was not good IMO. We left to many guys open.

Run defense was very good, as was the pressure on Kitna, but not the pass defense.

To be honest, we don't look like a top tier defense right now. And maybe I'm being to critical, but it's just how I see it.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
Chicago followed by San Diego. Baltimore isn't even top 5, they just have played really really bad teams the first 2 weeks (oakland should have the top pick in the draft, and Tampa has been the worst offense in the NFC to date)
please name 5 defenses better, I know I wouldnt call them #1 due to the teams they have played so far.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:52 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What are you talking about? They all played really really bad teams in the first 2 weeks. San Diego played Oakland as well if you forgot, and Tenessee, Chicago beat Green Bay and Detroit, while Baltimore beat Oakland and Tampa Bay. I still say Chicago, but you can't say they didn't play equally bad teams, and atleast Tampa Bay was a playoff team.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 07:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
Quote:
please name 5 defenses better, I know I wouldnt call them #1 due to the teams they have played so far.
I'm with ya. Baltimore is a very good defense. Ray looks to be back to his old form, although I don't think he's as good. Your secondary is insanely good. Your DL is underrated IMO and you've got a nice LB core.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2006, 07:54 PM    (permalink
16_SFfan_80
Rookie

16_SFfan_80 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1) Baltimore
2) Bears
3) Chargers
4) Falcons
5) Broncos

Ravens are looking like a Super Bowl team.

"I'm going for 2,200 (yards) next year," Gore said. "That's the record, isn't it? Yeah, I'll get that."
16_SFfan_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 07:55 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure right now. Ravens, Bears, and Chargers are impressive so far, but all against bad teams so far.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:02 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Not sure right now. Ravens, Bears, and Chargers are impressive so far, but all against bad teams so far.
Agreed. I personally feel Jacksonville will have a top 5 defense coming against a very hard schedule.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:03 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Detroit is not a bad team. They're an average team and I'll keep saying that.

I mean they did play with Seattle.

They're a solid offensive team and a solid defensive team.

Quote: