Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-17-2006, 05:04 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
It won't matter because this team is so awful.
Should the Dolphins bench Daunte?
Damn straight.

Not really because it is the same thing, the whole team played bad (minus Ronnie), benching one guy won't do it. Culpepper still isn't comfortable in Miami. He isn't used to the receveivers and he isn't used to the OL. I think people had to high of expectations for the Dolphins to start out the season. There are a good amount of new players and it will take time for them to gel. If people think the Dolphins will be like this all year long they are mistaken.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 05:21 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
I'm going to be brutally truthful here:

The Bucs weren't going to make the playoffs anyway. Look at their schedule (they have 3 tough cold-weather games in the month of December alone, for crying out loud), and any chances they had rested on an early start - which is obviously out of the picture, thanks to injuries in the OL and an inability to execute.

So they have to play Chris Simms.

He's signed to a 1-year tender, as a RFA. They have to absolutely know what they have, or don't have, in him before the year ends and they have to make a decision on the position. No matter what, he has to start.
Great post.

BUT, Simms should get better. What if he has some really good games and turns it around?

Remember, he has faced 2 very good defenses, so give Baltimore and Atlanta some damn respect. Chris McCalister/Samari Rolle and then DeAngelo Hall/Jason Webster are 2 tough CB matchups back to back.

It is really early in the season, and I think Simms is much better than what he has shown in 2 really pathetic games this season.

It was obvious to many that Simms was a good QB in TC...now I know TC and games are totally different, but you can't deny his talent.

Not to mention the running game hasn't been established yet. The OL just isn't opening holes, so it isn't all Simms fault. Once Caddy gets going I would like to see what Simms can do then.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:11 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice way to start a contract season - if he keeps going at this pace he'll be paying the Bucs just to hang around

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 07:20 PM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Chris Simms is bad enough he should be benched, that being said our alternatives are not very bright either. Truth of the matter is the entire offense is garbage and until you fire Gruden/hackett/Muir this franchise will have many many many more 4-12, 5-11 seasons. Which is too bad because I really thought we might have had something but I was fooled.
YoJoeBucsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:13 PM    (permalink
turninandburnin1
Rookie

turninandburnin1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This sucks, Simms was my prediction for sleeper this year. I guess Ill just be startin Culpepper all year in my FF league.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turninandburnin1
This sucks, Simms was my prediction for sleeper this year. I guess Ill just be startin Culpepper all year in my FF league.
Ouch dude....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am baffled at how many passes get tipped at the LOS by D-Lineman. Chris Simms is 6'4", utterly confusing. He should've had five interceptions on Sunday, the Bucs were lucky Shropshire and Boley dropped sure pick sixes. If the Bucs had any legitimate backup QB, Simms would be on the pine. He gets the rest of the season to salvage any chance of ever being a starting QB in this league, it won't be with Tampa Bay, they wont resign him.

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:52 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Bucs really need Griese now. They can't just blow this year away. They have so many good players that are getting old (Rice, Brooks. Barber, Galloway, Alstott) and every year counts.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:54 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
I am baffled at how many passes get tipped at the LOS by D-Lineman. Chris Simms is 6'4", utterly confusing. He should've had five interceptions on Sunday, the Bucs were lucky Shropshire and Boley dropped sure pick sixes. If the Bucs had any legitimate backup QB, Simms would be on the pine. He gets the rest of the season to salvage any chance of ever being a starting QB in this league, it won't be with Tampa Bay, they wont resign him.
It's baffling to me, too. I remember it happened a ton of times in the Jag preseason game, but I just wrote it off as Stroud and Henderson not getting back there because of those three step drops, so they just stick their hands up in the air.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:04 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its hilarious how this offseason when i said Chris Simms was unproven and not a great QB a host of Bucs fans were having a fit claiming how good he was coughsimms2claytoncough. :roll:
Old 09-19-2006, 03:11 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was going to say something about this but forgot...

...I totally agree. I don't understand it. People say his slow release, but a guy like Byron Leftwich doesn't seem to have the problem, atleast as much as Simms. Is it the O-line? Or is it a mental issue? Perplexing.

It looks like Gradkowski is their (next) QBotF.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd lean more towards Brady Quinn... Look at their schedule, it's one of the toughest in the NFL.

vs Carolina
@ New Orleans - not pushovers this year
vs Cincinnati
vs Philadelphia
@ New York Giants
vs New Orleans
@ Carolina
vs Washington
@ Dallas
@ Pittsburgh - cold weather
vs Atlanta
@ Chicago - cold weather
@ Cleveland - cold weather
vs Seattle

They are definitely in "The Quest For Quinn," as Pro Football Prospectus descriped it. Find an easy win for them on the above schedule. Is their defense going to get younger throughout the season? Is Chris Simms going to develop mental toughness during the season? Is that O-Line going to miraclously transform into a solid unit?

They play Carolina this week, I can't imagine them winning, the Panthers D-Line will eat that offensive line alive.

Old 09-19-2006, 03:20 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Who would they bench him with Gratoskwi?

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:23 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd lean more towards Brady Quinn... Look at their schedule, it's one of the toughest in the NFL.

vs Carolina
vs Cincinnati
vs Philadelphia
@ New York Giants
vs New Orleans
@ Carolina
vs Washington
@ Dallas
vs Atlanta
@ Chicago - cold weather
vs Seattle

They are definitely in "The Quest For Quinn," as Pro Football Prospectus descriped it. Find an easy win for them on the above schedule. Is their defense going to get younger throughout the season? Is Chris Simms going to develop mental toughness during the season? Is that O-Line going to miraclously transform into a solid unit?

They play Carolina this week, I can't imagine them winning, the Panthers D-Line will eat that offensive line alive.
If they keep playing like they are now, I can't see more than 2 wins on that schedule.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:03 PM    (permalink
ATM

Quote:

vs Carolina
vs Cincinnati
vs Philadelphia
@ New York Giants
vs New Orleans
@ Carolina
vs Washington
@ Dallas
vs Atlanta
@ Chicago - cold weather
vs Seattle

Wow that seems unfair and that is almost an under statement. The only game I see them competing in is against Cleveland even in cold weather, I wouldn't be 100% surprised if they went 0-16 this season. I can honestly say that the defense is too old in the front seven to win them games any more and that I actually think that the Bucs will have less or as many wins as the Raiders. Carolina should get out of their slump agains the Bucs, hopefully or their season is done too. By that time Washington should be firing on all cylinders so I think that they will lose against the other 0-2 team on their roster.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Funny you should mention "0-16," this is the 30-year anniversary of the 1976 0-14 Buccaneers. :shock:

Old 09-19-2006, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
I dont think so. I think you got to have faith in yout man.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:14 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Funny you should mention "0-16," this is the 30-year anniversary of the 1976 0-14 Buccaneers. :shock:
and we wont go 0-16, we'll at least beat the falcons at home.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:06 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, not yet its only two games. Give him 2 more games and if he hasn't yes bench him.

That team as a whole isn't doing that good either.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well lets see, when you pass for 53 attempts, i dont think 3 picks is that bad considering caddy is nowhere to be found...you gotta give him a break, look at the stats...

gruden is calling pass after pass, Defenses are teeing off on him, and the run is a non factor, meaning the play action pass is a non factor as well.../

that o line needs to get it together, if simms is benched it would be wrong, all that blame isnt on him, anytime you throw 53 times and rush under 15 its a recipe for disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:26 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would still give him some time but damn the Bucs have a hard schedule, its not gonna be easy for him but its not like they have anyone else
Old 09-19-2006, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
well lets see, when you pass for 53 attempts, i dont think 3 picks is that bad considering caddy is nowhere to be found...you gotta give him a break, look at the stats...

gruden is calling pass after pass, Defenses are teeing off on him, and the run is a non factor, meaning the play action pass is a non factor as well.../

that o line needs to get it together, if simms is benched it would be wrong, all that blame isnt on him, anytime you throw 53 times and rush under 15 its a recipe for disaster

He was lucky to only have three picks. Darrell Shropshire and Michael Boley dropped interceptions that hit them right in there hands.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Exactly.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

He was lucky to only have three picks. Darrell Shropshire and Michael Boley dropped interceptions that hit them right in there hands.

i agree he looks horrible, but when do you put some of the blame on playcalling, o line and running game?

of course he's not peyton manning, but i believe if the line was playing better and caddy was somewhere to be found, he could win games throwing 20-30 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:19 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i agree he looks horrible, but when do you put some of the blame on playcalling, o line and running game?

of course he's not peyton manning, but i believe if the line was playing better and caddy was somewhere to be found, he could win games throwing 20-30 times

Great great post. This should be stickied or something. And what is up with the extremely biased question? "Magically turn it around"...who is gonna pick that?