Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-23-2006, 08:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carpenter hasn't seen the field much because Ellis has done so well at OLB. He is going to be a beast though.

Right now it is Sims, but I really like DeMeco, and Howard has a great future.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:59 PM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsend
1. Ryans
2. Sims
3. Howard (don't know why he's not in the options...)
++
Old 09-23-2006, 09:17 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THOMAS HOWARD
Old 09-23-2006, 09:23 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manny Lawson.
VernonLawson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4-3
  • Demeco Ryans

3-4
  • Manny Lawson

Those two positions are too different to compare against eachother directly.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 09:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
4-3
  • Demeco Ryans

3-4
  • Manny Lawson

Those two positions are too different to compare against eachother directly.
Yup, thats the best way to put it. Both are playing real well in their respective systems and both are looking like steals. I honestly didn't expect Lawson to have a good year, I thought he would be a disappointment in the NFL. He is proving me wrong. I knew Ryans was gonna be the bomb, he's the man. If we didn't have AP, I wouldve really wanted EA to get him.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:55 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

demeco has played real well, but i think ernie sims will be the best the rest of the way.. he is so explosive

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:02 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

manny baby big time

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan
Why exactly is Chad Greenway not on this list?
LOL
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:18 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 661rep
Thomas Howard of the Raiders has been really good.
Morrison is doing a darn good job following up a very good rookie season too. Strongside LB is still up in the air, but those two, so far this season are performing admirably.

I'll tell you right now, the defense is not the reason why the Raiders are at the bottom of the barrell at 0-2 right now. That offense is downright pitiful, but the defense has been pretty stout. It's young and can give up mistakes, but it's a good start.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:50 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular
Quote:
Morrison is doing a darn good job following up a very good rookie season too. Strongside LB is still up in the air, but those two, so far this season are performing admirably.

I'll tell you right now, the defense is not the reason why the Raiders are at the bottom of the barrell at 0-2 right now. That offense is downright pitiful, but the defense has been pretty stout. It's young and can give up mistakes, but it's a good start.
just say it. if they had danny clark, they'd be 2-0.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

1) Demeco Ryans

2) Ernie Sims

3) Thomas Howard
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know stats aren't everything, but no one has posted them...

Demeco Ryans - 17 tackles, 3 assists, 0 sacks, 0 Ints

Ernie Sims - 14 Tackles, 3 assists, 0 sacks, 0 Ints

Thomas Howard - 15 Tackles, 1 Assist, 0 Sacks, 0 Assists

AJ Hawk - 10 Tackles, 2 assists, 0 Sacks, 0 Ints

Bobby Carpenter (Not starting) - 0 Tackles, 0 Assists, 0 Sacks, 0 Ints

Manny Lawson - 9 tackles, 0 Assists, 2 Sacks, 0 Ints

Outside stats, I say
1.Ryans
2.Sims
3.Lawson

I haven't seen Hawk play.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:36 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carpenter will be a very good LB, he is learning alot this year although not seeing the field much, but if he's not starting that says something about our LB corps, and i dont think anyone was expecting the greg ellis situation....carpenter will be fine....

I know his name hasnt been mentioned, but i like wimbley in clevelands 3-4 defense, stats may not be up there with sims, but he's very athletic and active, i think he will be a pro bowler for that team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:11 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a hard time considering Lawson for this discussion. Yes, he is listed as an OLB but his responsibilities are much different than every other one of these LB. Lawson is more of like a DE as he gets to rush the passer more than any of these other LB do.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
I have a hard time considering Lawson for this discussion. Yes, he is listed as an OLB but his responsibilities are much different than every other one of these LB. Lawson is more of like a DE as he gets to rush the passer more than any of these other LB do.
I agree. its really hard to have an accurate grade if you want to rate who is better...I just go by how important they are and what they do for their team....

I dont think derrick johnson would of done as well in a 3-4 and rushing the passer every play, where as manny lawson, merriman they excell in it...but the stats are skewed because of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:41 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess Wimbley and Lawson count as DEs since they are 3-4 OLBs, huh?
Old 09-24-2006, 12:44 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
I guess Wimbley and Lawson count as DEs since they are 3-4 OLBs, huh?
Yup, pretty much.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Quote:

Ugh, no. The key to the defense has actually been, in part, Morrison's upgrade over Clark. Clark was cool, but Morrison is just that much better. Howard has been great at WILL, we're just trying to figure out SAM. Sam Williams and Grant Irons are both ok, and if Williams can actually see the field with any regularity (instead of the trainer's table) he could be good.

But no. That offensive line, Aaron Brooks, the lack of a running game and the terrible play calling are why the Raiders are 0-2. No amount of Danny Clarks, Ray Lewis, Ronnie Lotts or Lawrence Taylors would be able to change the outcome of the last 2 games.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:42 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Quote:

Ugh, no. The key to the defense has actually been, in part, Morrison's upgrade over Clark. Clark was cool, but Morrison is just that much better. Howard has been great at WILL, we're just trying to figure out SAM. Sam Williams and Grant Irons are both ok, and if Williams can actually see the field with any regularity (instead of the trainer's table) he could be good.

But no. That offensive line, Aaron Brooks, the lack of a running game and the terrible play calling are why the Raiders are 0-2. No amount of Danny Clarks, Ray Lewis, Ronnie Lotts or Lawrence Taylors would be able to change the outcome of the last 2 games.
morrison is faster and more athletic then clark.he also always makes the takle.the reason why we cut clark is cuase he cost to much $$$ to be second team linebacker.howard has more time to improve hes a physical beast. he ran a 4.43 at the combine.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Through three games Demeco Ryans has 30 tackles.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:09 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Through three games Demeco Ryans has 30 tackles.
While that is all good and well. It means the rest of our defense SUCKS. I don't know if it's maybe because we're allergic to blitzing or what ever, but thank god we got Ryans, I don't know if we would have a hope in the future for our D if he wasn't there.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:02 PM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

Ryans, Lawson and Simms have all been very good but I have to give it to DeMeco.

Tim Dobbins of the Chargers has looked good in the preseason but hasn't been able to get PT since the season started. He's a name to look out for in the future.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:32 PM    (permalink
aheineken
Veteran

aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.

I haven't watched the Raiders much this year for obvious reasons, so I don't know how well Howard has been playing. But, from the one Texans game I saw, DeMeco Ryans was all over the place making tackles.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles
aheineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:46 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

AJ Hawk has 20 tackles and a sack thus far. He's been good/great in coverage, and most the tackles he makes are within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage. He's gotten better each game, and has had plays where he showed why he was the fifth pick. Can't wait for next Monday....