Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Saints?

I don't think there are going to the SB or anything but I think they will fight for a wildcard.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints are improved, but I don't see them making the playoffs with this schedule. The offense is for real, but I am not sold yet on the defense.

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/te...=nor&year=2006

Thats a pretty brutual schedule, especially in December. I can't see them going better than 8-8 at best.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:27 AM    (permalink
therock6000
Veteran

therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.

I think the saints are much improved...but best case scenario is 8-8...which is looking competitive in the nfc south. they won't win the wild card...they'll have to win the division to make the postseason. To answer the question, they aren't "for real", but they are a lot more real than recent years.

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre
therock6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa Bay has been sucking and they don't have a QB now Carolina is so up and down you never know which team will show up I know Smith has been hurt if he goes down for a few more games they are SOL.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:36 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dunno..Drew Brees is playing well. Reggie Bush adds a new dimension to the offense. Marques Colston is a stud. The Defense looked amazing against a dynamic Atlanta offense. And they're 3-0. I don't see any reason to NOT believe they're for real at this point.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:38 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Carolina is going to blow them out next week.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:46 AM    (permalink
giant73zuma
Rookie

giant73zuma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giant73zuma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Are they real?
No, not this year, not yet.
But I can defiantely see them being contenders next year, especially with a good draft and maybe a couple of freea agent pick ups.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:48 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
i dunno..Drew Brees is playing well. Reggie Bush adds a new dimension to the offense. Marques Colston is a stud. The Defense looked amazing against a dynamic Atlanta offense. And they're 3-0. I don't see any reason to NOT believe they're for real at this point.
I agree.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:29 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The next 3 games will say a lot about the Saints but IMO I think they are for real and should make the playoffs

and plus Drew Brees is only going to get better week after week
Old 09-26-2006, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the biggest factors for the Saints might be the fact that Joe Horn hasn't completely lost it. I really thought after last year Joe Horn would never be a good starter in the NFL again. I thought it was just over for him.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:44 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They could be like the 2004 Jaguars, who went 3-0 but struggled down the stretch and ended up missing the playoffs. Of course, they are two different teams, one built on offense and the other on defense. But it's just an example.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I just don't see the depth on the defensive side of the ball that is needed to hinder the affect of inevitable injuries. Good start, they will be in playoff discussions but I still see them finishing around .500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:09 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way that they will or can be "for real" is if some of the players that they have who are considered to be mediocre or even just plain bad emerge into quality players in a way that no one has or will foresee.

The truth is, they just don't have that good of players on their team. They are currently starting a corps of LBs that were all backups for NFC East teams last year. That's how bad they are at LB. They are also employing no names and young guys at the DT positions. McKenzie is a good player in the secondary, but outside of him they have young unproven players and mediocre vets. Hell, they are starting Roman Harper, who, though he ended up being a second round pick, was projected as no more than a 4th rounder by every draft service I ever saw.

Anyhow, I don't know what happened last night, and I don't think I will ever know. If the conspiracy theorists are right, this kind of thing is their best evidence, because that Atlanta team sure looked like they were trying to throw that game. Every single player on that team looked bad. DeAngelo Hall got flat out embarrassed all night long. I mean, at what point do you realize that the other team is NOT going to throw deep and start covering up the short stuff better, but NO was constantly completing digs and short outs to his man. And he's just an example. Every other player on that team was doing the same thing. It was just uncanny.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:09 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone please explain to me how they are the 5th best ranked defense. I'm loosing my mind over this here.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roman Harper is a player. They was a great pick by New Orleans whether it was in the second round or not.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:16 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Anyhow, I don't know what happened last night, and I don't think I will ever know. If the conspiracy theorists are right, this kind of thing is their best evidence, because that Atlanta team sure looked like they were trying to throw that game. Every single player on that team looked bad. DeAngelo Hall got flat out embarrassed all night long. I mean, at what point do you realize that the other team is NOT going to throw deep and start covering up the short stuff better, but NO was constantly completing digs and short outs to his man. And he's just an example. Every other player on that team was doing the same thing. It was just uncanny.
:roll:

Just shut up.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:24 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only way that they will or can be "for real" is if some of the players that they have who are considered to be mediocre or even just plain bad emerge into quality players in a way that no one has or will foresee.

The truth is, they just don't have that good of players on their team. They are currently starting a corps of LBs that were all backups for NFC East teams last year. That's how bad they are at LB. They are also employing no names and young guys at the DT positions. McKenzie is a good player in the secondary, but outside of him they have young unproven players and mediocre vets. Hell, they are starting Roman Harper, who, though he ended up being a second round pick, was projected as no more than a 4th rounder by every draft service I ever saw.

The rest of your post seems to indicate that you have a hard time realizing that this might in fact be true.

Your comment about NFC East back-up linebackers also makes me think you have trouble realizing that the NFC East might not be all it's hyped up to be, which again is a hard time realizing that what is thought to be true is false.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if the Saints go 9-7 they aren't "for real"? What does for real mean? Hell if the Saints go 8-8 that would be an amazing season for them. Anyone expecting them to go 12-4 is an idiot. But they could finish the season 6-7 and sneak into the playoffs. I don't see why not.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

the saints will make the playoffs and beat dallas in the first round. the crowd will go wild and sean payton will be hurled into the air.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4 Sun, Oct 1 at Carolina
5 Sun, Oct 8 Tampa Bay
6 Sun, Oct 15 Philadelphia
7 BYE WEEK
8 Sun, Oct 29 Baltimore
9 Sun, Nov 5 at Tampa Bay
10 Sun, Nov 12 at Pittsburgh
11 Sun, Nov 19 Cincinnati
12 Sun, Nov 26 at Atlanta
13 Sun, Dec 3 San Francisco
14 Sun, Dec 10 at Dallas
15 Sun, Dec 17 Washington
16 Sun, Dec 24 at NY Giants
17 Sun, Dec 31 Carolina

The Saints are playing pretty good, but making the playoffs? Which 6 of these games are the Saints going to win (assuming 9-7 gets them in)? I don't see more than 4 or 5 wins here.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:06 PM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777
4 Sun, Oct 1 at Carolina
5 Sun, Oct 8 Tampa Bay
7 BYE WEEK
8 Sun, Oct 29 Baltimore
14 Sun, Dec 10 at Dallas
17 Sun, Dec 31 Carolina

The Saints are playing pretty good, but making the playoffs? Which 6 of these games are the Saints going to win (assuming 9-7 gets them in)? I don't see more than 4 or 5 wins here.
hmm 2 times tampa , 2 times carolina , makes 4
SF , 5
maybe one or two nfc east upsets

and iam not sold on the steelers yet.

its very hard but it isnt like walking on water.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:10 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Bush was the offensive MVP last night. I don't care what the stats showed. When Reggie was on the field, all eyes were on him. It seemed to me that the Falcon's biggest priority was to stop him. I felt like a big reason why the Saints won was because they gave too much respect to Bush, and not enough to Brees.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSaint
Quote:
4 Sun, Oct 1 at Carolina
5 Sun, Oct 8 Tampa Bay
7 BYE WEEK
8 Sun, Oct 29 Baltimore
14 Sun, Dec 10 at Dallas
17 Sun, Dec 31 Carolina

hmm 2 times tampa , 2 times carolina , makes 4
SF , 5
maybe one or two nfc east upsets

and iam not sold on the steelers yet.

its very hard but it isnt like walking on water.
I'll be suprised if you beat the Panthers once, let alone twice.

You will beat the Bucs twice-You will probably lose to 3 of the 4 NFC East teams-And you will probably upset one of the AFC North teams-leaving you with 4 more, maybe 5 more wins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:23 PM    (permalink

Quote:
4 Sun, Oct 1 at Carolina
5 Sun, Oct 8 Tampa Bay
7 BYE WEEK
8 Sun, Oct 29 Baltimore
14 Sun, Dec 10 at Dallas
17 Sun, Dec 31 Carolina

They'll win:

1 - one of the Carolina games
2 & 3 - both Tampa Bay games
4 - either Philadelphia or Baltimore @ home
5 - San Francisco
6 - Washington

9-7
Old 09-26-2006, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1
Carolina is going to blow them out next week.
Just like all the experts had Atlanta blowing us out last night. *yawns* I prefer it when people sleep on us. Keep it up.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote