Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-26-2006, 01:01 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

of course they are real i just saw them on TV.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1
Carolina is going to blow them out next week.
Just like all the experts had Atlanta blowing us out last night. *yawns* I prefer it when people sleep on us. Keep it up.
Well, you have every right to be confident right now. I would be too if I were a fan of the 3-0 Saints, so more power to you. But the Panthers started to click this week and I have to think that with every game Steve Smith plays, that team will take their game to the next level. I think the Panthers will win by 10+ this week, but by no means do I look down upon anyone for thinking the Saints will be 4-0 one week from today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
of course they are real i just saw them on TV.
:roll:
Old 09-26-2006, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:
Quote:
Just like all the experts had Atlanta blowing us out last night. *yawns* I prefer it when people sleep on us. Keep it up.
Well, you have every right to be confident right now. I would be too if I were a fan of the 3-0 Saints, so more power to you. But the Panthers started to click this week...
And, they still just barely beat a pretty 'eh' Tampa Bay team.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
If the conspiracy theorists are right, this kind of thing is their best evidence, because that Atlanta team sure looked like they were trying to throw that game.

Someone brought that to my attention, that ATL was throwing that game....and honestly you never know, they beat that team up like the Saints outmatched them at every position, and the Falcons started off so horrible it was too hard to come back from....

but that game being thrown was brought to me by another person and its not totally out of the question

but looking at the remaining schedule, they could easily come out with 7 wins this year, so that means they would only need 2 upsets to make 9 wins...why are you guys acting like in the NFL the only team that wins is the favorite, have you never seen an underdog win before?

Why do you think its so hard for teams to not go 0-16, because one of those powerhouses you see on the Saints schedule will look over them to the next weeks opponent and end up losing because of it, so please lets not look and say oh they will lose all these games, when you have no idea how that will play out, we know how tom coughlin prepares for games, injuries could happen in that timeframe, and teams just flat out dont play well some sundays, if 7 wins is almost a lock for them, they could sneak out another 3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:31 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Saints are for real and why I'm saying that is coaching. After watching the game last night, and then the previous two, Sean Payton is excellent at play calling, scheming, and finding how to attack the opposing offenses with his defensive personnel.

What Payton has done is taken out the "I' in "Team" and made this a cohesive unit on both sides of the ball. Brees is improving with each game he's played, Colston is turning into a stud and could possibly be in contention for OROY, and Bush leaves opposing defenses guessing.

Our questionable offensive line hasn't allowed that much pressure to get to Brees, our WR's are really stepping up, Deuce is showing that he still has what it takes and that all he needed was someone to spell him from time to time, Reggie Bush adds that other dimension to the offense and is as explosive as they come.

I know their schedule is tough but I see some upsets in the future.

I think we beat Carolina at least once. (1)
I think we beat TB both times. We play them hard and their offense is struggling (2,3)
I think we beat SF (4)
I think we beat Washington (5)
I think we beat NY Giants. I'm only saying this because Coughlin is losing it as a coach and his teams confidence in him is fading. (6)

That would put us at 9-7 and I think it would also put us in the playoffs.

Our far as the conspiracy theory. That's been eating away at the back of my mind. I hate to think that ATL just threw the game but they didn't look like a team that has knocked around TB and CAR. New Orleans looked really good and ATL looked really bad which makes me wonder.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:41 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Atlanta threw the game. :roll: Yeah, it's that hard to believe the Saints are a good team, people are saying the Falcons threw the game. :roll:

Some say the Saints don't have the talent, how did they win, blah, blah... Well, the Saints DO have talent, they were just missing the Coaching Staff, which they now have. Sure, we could use some more players, but most of the talent is already there. Just because you don't hear the players name on ESPN all the time, doesn't mean he isn't a good football player.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan
Atlanta threw the game. :roll: Yeah, it's that hard to believe the Saints are a good team, people are saying the Falcons threw the game. :roll:
The bad thing is I new people would say that. :roll:
Old 09-26-2006, 03:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan
The bad thing is I new people would say that. :roll:
its not as far fetched as you think...personally i think NO outplayed the falcons and the atmosphere was more of a difference then u knew unless u were there....but it could happen and probably has happened before...

thats the govtmnts way of saying im sorry, im sure if they wanted it to happen they could of, if you doubt that then you have no idea what the government can pull off...

I dont believe it, but all im saying is i dont doubt it either...nothing against the Saints, because Payton is an offensive genious and he has been my favorite coach a long time, i liked him here in dallas and hated to see him go, but im glad he ended up in a good situation instead of somewhere like oakland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

They only play 16 games no way they threw the game it could be to huge one game could cost you a playoff spot ask my Chiefs.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:
Quote:
Well, you have every right to be confident right now. I would be too if I were a fan of the 3-0 Saints, so more power to you. But the Panthers started to click this week...
And, they still just barely beat a pretty 'eh' Tampa Bay team.
On the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:50 PM    (permalink

they have a new coaching staff. they will not be contenders this year but in the coming years they may no longer be called the aints.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:53 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
I think the Saints are for real and why I'm saying that is coaching. After watching the game last night, and then the previous two, Sean Payton is excellent at play calling, scheming, and finding how to attack the opposing offenses with his defensive personnel.

What Payton has done is taken out the "I' in "Team" and made this a cohesive unit on both sides of the ball. Brees is improving with each game he's played, Colston is turning into a stud and could possibly be in contention for OROY, and Bush leaves opposing defenses guessing.

Our questionable offensive line hasn't allowed that much pressure to get to Brees, our WR's are really stepping up, Deuce is showing that he still has what it takes and that all he needed was someone to spell him from time to time, Reggie Bush adds that other dimension to the offense and is as explosive as they come.

I know their schedule is tough but I see some upsets in the future.

I think we beat Carolina at least once. (1)
I think we beat TB both times. We play them hard and their offense is struggling (2,3)
I think we beat SF (4)
I think we beat Washington (5)
I think we beat NY Giants. I'm only saying this because Coughlin is losing it as a coach and his teams confidence in him is fading. (6)

That would put us at 9-7 and I think it would also put us in the playoffs.

Our far as the conspiracy theory. That's been eating away at the back of my mind. I hate to think that ATL just threw the game but they didn't look like a team that has knocked around TB and CAR. New Orleans looked really good and ATL looked really bad which makes me wonder.
could end up 9-7 but i think the two wild cards will come from the nfc east.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:22 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I don't think the Saints will have to worry about a wild card spot, I believe they'll win the NFC South.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:53 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

U will know if they beat an actual NFL team on the road and if they can continue to play that well at home.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you consider "for real" to be a team that competes for a playoff spot in the NFC, then yes, the Saints will be "for real".

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:06 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

Not buying into this Hype , for crying out loud it is only week 3. ATlanta had a bad game as a whole unit
2drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In that stadium, on that slow surface concealing their defense's lack of speed*, I have no doubt they will win most if not all their home games. That means they will go 9-7 - 10-6, and that's assuming they do not win any road games which is unlikely.

* Re-watching the game, I saw Mike McKenzie, a corner who has looked like he was past his prime in past seasons run step for step with the Falcons fast receivers, when they weren't falling down on the turf. I also saw the Linebackers (Fujita, Simoneau, Shanle) contain Vick and Dunn on the edges, something Carolina and Tampa didn't have enough speed to do. Although one negative of that turf is Reggie Bush wasn't very explosive for the same reasons. The turf played a large factor in that game, and will continue to be a huge advantage for them the rest of the season.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:00 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMG! Look I can use the " :roll: " too. Does that make me special? It must make me special because this thread is obviously a contest to see how many " :roll: " one can use.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:37 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
* Re-watching the game, I saw Mike McKenzie, a corner who has looked like he was past his prime in past seasons run step for step with the Falcons fast receivers, when they weren't falling down on the turf. I also saw the Linebackers (Fujita, Simoneau, Shanle) contain Vick and Dunn on the edges, something Carolina and Tampa didn't have enough speed to do. Although one negative of that turf is Reggie Bush wasn't very explosive for the same reasons. The turf played a large factor in that game, and will continue to be a huge advantage for them the rest of the season.
Have you not been a big proponent of Dwight Freeney, in that you think the negative vibe about him is false? Because using this argument, then Dwight Freeney is indeed a product of the turf in the RCA dome. I could be wrong, but if I'm right, than what you said could be seriously contradictory.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No I haven't, I have always held the notion that on that turf, in that enviroment, Freeney is a beast. Whereas his impact on the game is no where near what it is on the road.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:41 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, just checking.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

That was the foremost thing that stood out to me. They will not lose on that turf to any speed based teams, period.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:12 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't think they would have beaten the falcons if it wasn't for all the emotion on monday. i don't think they'll make the playoffs but i'd like to be proven wrong.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:14 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

The New Orleans Saints play on Momentum Turf, designed to maximize player speed and performance. Also provides stability, traction, and speed, simulating a perfect natural grass. So this is an extremely fast, yet safe playing field

If anything, players will be faster on our field