Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-15-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
This fight I am looking forward too:

will most likely be a snoozefest because of styles, but I am interested in it. It is not often 2 top 5 p4p fighters go at it, I think that is what we are seeing here.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:44 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew Williams would win. Margarito needs to STFUP.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:48 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
will most likely be a snoozefest because of styles, but I am interested in it. It is not often 2 top 5 p4p fighters go at it, I think that is what we are seeing here.
Peekaboo style from winky against a bigger hitter will be interesting imo.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I knew Williams would win. Margarito needs to STFUP.

I understand where Margarito is coming from. Now, I dont think he won the fight, but he did land the harder shots and did do more damage. He did not win, but it is easy to see how he thinks he could have won. Plus, he has a right to be frustrated with Paul Williams' holding, which he easily could have been docked a point for, which would have made the fight a draw.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Peekaboo style from winky against a bigger hitter will be interesting imo.
Yeah, it could be interesting, but I dont think it will be. Here's why. I dont think either of the two will take on the roll of the aggressor. Every fight needs someone to come forward and push the fight. Bernard wont do that unless he feels he is much stronger and Winky wont do it unless the Jermain Taylor fight convinced him to be a pressure fighter. I dont think either is the case, I expect to see a lot of blocked shots, quite a bit of clinching, and some trademark punches by Hopkins to the back of Winky's head haha.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno, i think Winky will push the issue big time, reason being you can't really take a championship belt on a point, split decision.

From what I've seen if you want a belt you've gotta bust someone up or knock them down/out.

It'll start out slow, but imo by the 6th or 7th, tiredness will start to trickle in and they'll start opening up more.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

supposedly its now cotto/mosley on nov 10

mayweather/hatton dec 1

winners to meet each other in 08
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
supposedly its now cotto/mosley on nov 10

mayweather/hatton dec 1

winners to meet each other in 08
You got a link because I heard Mayweather is dodging Hatton again and De La Hoya is looking to fight Hatton.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22,895 View Post
You got a link because I heard Mayweather is dodging Hatton again and De La Hoya is looking to fight Hatton.
Today he (Hatton) was linked with Joel Casamayor, Ricardo Torres, David Diaz and Paul Spadafora in the press here, no Mayweather mentioned, apparently the problem is Hatton wants the same money as Mayweather for a fight, and Mayweather wants the bulk.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Last edited by UKfan : 07-26-2007 at 02:06 PM.
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Mayweather doesn't deserve the bulk. Hatton has proved him self against tough fighters in thier prime. All Mayweather has done is beat popular fighters that are way passed their prime, but of course that's Mayweather excuse not to fight Hatton is because he wants the bulk.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mayweathers callin his bluff; hatton called him out, mayweather said lets go, now hattons making unreasonable demands
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mayweather doesn't deserve the bulk. Hatton has proved him self against tough fighters in thier prime. All Mayweather has done is beat popular fighters that are way passed their prime, but of course that's Mayweather excuse not to fight Hatton is because he wants the bulk.

Mayweather is the superior fighter, and people will watch the fight for Mayweather, not Hatton. He deserves the bulk.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Please name for me the tough fighters Hatton has beaten in their prime. KT? JLC? Who else? (rolls eyes)
Old 07-27-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
Please name for me the tough fighters Hatton has beaten in their prime. KT? JLC? Who else? (rolls eyes)
Yep and who has Mayweather fought DLH? who is passed his prime AG? who is passed his prime Who else? (rolls eyes)
Old 07-27-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
mayweathers callin his bluff; hatton called him out, mayweather said lets go, now hattons making unreasonable demands
Unreasonable demends? All he wasnt is at least half. This Mayweather guy wants 80 % Thats unreasonable
Old 07-27-2007, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Mayweather is the superior fighter, and people will watch the fight for Mayweather, not Hatton. He deserves the bulk.
That's why Hatton has sold out all of the U.S. fights right? Because they don't want to see him right? People will watch Hatton also there probably more Mayweather "fans" but does he derserve 80%? I don't think so.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yep and who has Mayweather fought DLH? who is passed his prime AG? who is passed his prime Who else? (rolls eyes)

Dude, please find me ANY reputable boxing writer/analyst that thinks that Hatton has fought tougher competition than Floyd or more prime fighters. Mayweather hasn't fought world beaters every single fight, but who has? Here's a start...prime JLC (twice) and a prime and undefeated Diego Corrales. Please go to boxrec or somewhere to compare their careers fight for fight. It's no contest.

Last edited by SugarSean : 07-28-2007 at 01:09 AM.
SugarSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Dude, please find me ANY reputable boxing writer/analyst that thinks that Hatton has fought tougher competition than Floyd or more prime fighters. Mayweather hasn't fought world beaters every single fight, but who has? Here's a start...prime JLC (twice) and a prime Diego Corrales. Hell, even Baldomir was more in his prime than any significant fighter Hatton has beaten.
Hey I've seen you on TV! You're the guy who doesn't know Sports and talks out of his butt! Wow we have a cleb (besides me) on NFLDC!
Old 07-28-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Did anybody catch Berto get dropped tonight? I had to run to the store around the third round and missed the rest of the fight. Was it bad or a flash knockdown?
Old 07-28-2007, 01:15 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Quote:
Hey I've seen you on TV! You're the guy who doesn't know Sports and talks out of his butt! Wow we have a cleb (besides me) on NFLDC!

Dude, you are obviously a tard. Please explain to me what a CLEB is? Carlos Baldomir was coming off of wins over Zab and Gatti and he hadn't loss since '98 when Floyd fought him. Jose Luis Castillo, on the other hand, was coming off a HORRIBLE split decision victory over the great Herman Ndoudjo and a decision victory over another great...Rolando Reyes. Please tell me how Hatton beating an old out of prime JLC is better than Floyd beating Baldomir when 10 seconds into the fight, Emmanuel Steward stated that JLC looked shot? I'll ignore you from now on.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Skysports.com

Quote:
Ricky Hatton and Floyd Mayweather Jr. look set to go toe-to-toe in one of boxing's most eagerly anticipated bouts later this year, according to 'The Hitman's' father.
Quote:
No date or venue has yet been agreed between the parties, but Ray Hatton insists a deal has been struck 'in principle' for his son to face the 'Pretty Boy'.
"We have agreed a deal in principle. The date and venue is up in the air but we agreed via our lawyers what the financial side of it was going to be," Hatton said.
"I can't honestly tell you a deal has been done until I see the signatures on all the documents. But what I can tell you is that both sides were happy with what we finalised verbally."
http://www.skysports.com/skysports/a...277566,00.html for the whole article

Looks pretty good! In addition to this, Sky teletext over here has a quote from Mayweather's adviser Leonard Ellerbe in USA Today:

Quote:
"I never thought he would do it, but Hatton deserves credit for stepping up to the plate."

"He asked for it and now he's going to get it. Floyd is extremely excited. He wants to show Hatton that he's never fought at this level before."

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Last edited by UKfan : 07-28-2007 at 10:26 AM.
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Dude, you are obviously a tard. Please explain to me what a CLEB is? Carlos Baldomir was coming off of wins over Zab and Gatti and he hadn't loss since '98 when Floyd fought him. Jose Luis Castillo, on the other hand, was coming off a HORRIBLE split decision victory over the great Herman Ndoudjo and a decision victory over another great...Rolando Reyes. Please tell me how Hatton beating an old out of prime JLC is better than Floyd beating Baldomir when 10 seconds into the fight, Emmanuel Steward stated that JLC looked shot? I'll ignore you from now on.
You're still yapping out of you're butt? Dang look just quit talking because nobody is listening because you don't know WTH you're talking about.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just so i know...the xbox thread has turned into the boxing thread??

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're still yapping out of you're butt? Dang look just quit talking because nobody is listening because you don't know WTH you're talking about.
He's actually making sense, although the first line was unnecessary, and not just being blinded by his love for a certain fighter. I don't see how he's going to be able to counter this last post, however.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Veteran

LONDON (AP) - Ricky Hatton and Floyd Mayweather Jr. look set to fight before the end of the year.

Hatton's father said Saturday that his son (43-0, 31 knockouts) has reportedly agreed in principle to fight the American, probably in Las Vegas in November or December."The date and venue is up in the air, but we agreed via our lawyers what the financial side of it is going to be," Ray Hatton said. "I can't honestly tell you a deal has been done until I see the signatures on all the documents.

"Both sides were happy with what we finalized verbally."

The BBC reported that an official announcement could be made as early as Monday.

Ray Hatton did not say what weight the pair would fight at, although Hatton will likely move up to meet Mayweather, who won the 154-pound WBC super welterweight title against Oscar De La Hoya in May.

Ricky Hatton said he wanted to take on five-weight champion Mayweather (38-0, 24 KOs) after winning the 140-pound IBO light welterweight title last month with a knockout victory over Jose Luis Castillo.

Mayweather responded by saying he wanted the bout. He had announced his retirement from the ring after beating De La Hoya, but backtracked from a definitive decision shortly after.