Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-29-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
HerthaFootballFan
Rookie

Location: from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, Germany but now living in Buffalo
HerthaFootballFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't necessarily disagree with this. Chris Houston was my 2nd favorite CB in this draft behind Darrel Revis.

But I do think that Ross has potential to be very good. We'll just have to wait and see. Him and Houston are the only CBs in this draft that I feel have shutdown potential. I just happened to like Houston more because he was faster and can probably defend the deepball better because of it.
Both have potential but they're potential's where different. Houston showed to naturally have a great feel for how to stick with a guy and just needs to have experience while Ross still needs to get a good feel for how to stick with receivers. So both could be shut down, but Ross will need to be taught to be a shut down guy and Houston already knows, he just needs to work on it, plus he's younger. IMO Atlanta got the steal of the draft getting Houston in round two, and not Arizona getting Branch, who i also loved.
HerthaFootballFan is offline   Reply With Quote