Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What and saying he will get 1000 is any differnt nobody knows what will happen I think he will get hurt like always.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he doesnt even get him like that when he scrambles, why do you guys act like when he runs he goes head up with safeties and lb's and takes punishment, he takes some hits, but still goes out of bounds or slides...

and im sure everyone loves to say he will get hurt, thats the only thing you can say for mike vick if you dont like what he does or think it works...he'll just keep proving people wrong....

people said he couldnt run for 80 yds a game in the NFL, people were faster...now that he can, the only comeback is, "well he's gonna get hurt soon they better stop" :roll:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
What and saying he will get 1000 is any differnt nobody knows what will happen I think he will get hurt like always.

Chad Pennington?
Carson Palmer?

Even McNabb, when he stopped running, still misses more games than Vick does. Vick had the one fibula injury, besides that, he has missed two games due to injury.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
he doesnt even get him like that when he scrambles, why do you guys act like when he runs he goes head up with safeties and lb's and takes punishment, he takes some hits, but still goes out of bounds or slides...

and im sure everyone loves to say he will get hurt, thats the only thing you can say for mike vick if you dont like what he does or think it works...he'll just keep proving people wrong....

people said he couldnt run for 80 yds a game in the NFL, people were faster...now that he can, the only comeback is, "well he's gonna get hurt soon they better stop" :roll:
I never said I didn't like him but if he keeps trying to be superman and jumping over people and diving he is going to get hurt that is all there is to it.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

=

Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People are saying that he isn't going to get injured scrambling because he doesn't take big hits, but I would still say it increases his chances of getting hurt. Its a slippery slope, but they do have one of the best backup QBs in the league.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was his only major injury of his career. He has been a starting NFL QB for four seasons, besides that fibula injury, he's missed two games to injury. Vick has a stigma of being injury prone, yet a lot of other QBs have missed more time. Grossman, Pennington, Palmer, Roethlisberger, Leftwich included, not exactly scrambling QBs. :roll:

Old 10-02-2006, 03:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's something else that people are failing to note:

Even if scrambling does increase Vick's chances of sustaining a major injury, WHAT ELSE IS HE SUPPOSED TO DO!?!?

I think it's pretty clear at this point that Vick is a pretty crappy passer. Only those that have completely seperated themselves from objectivity could argue otherwise.

Therefore, if they decide they are going to protect Vick by preventing him from scrambling, they are pretty much turning him into a mediocre at best QB.

Oh wait, they already did that.

So........with that being said, they either go with what they have, and hope that they can win with it, or they simply sit one of the best offensive players in the league and turn to the Matt Schaub era because they think that eventually Vick will get hurt.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

It kills me how people spin what other people say on this site I never said they should not use him like that just that he is bound to get hurt doing it. If you guys think he is superman and can do what ever think what you want but I don't want to see people acting shocked when/if he gets hurt. I don't see how or way any WR would like to play with him they are not going to get the ball more then 3 times a game if that he only looks at the TE.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:18 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's something else that people are failing to note:

Even if scrambling does increase Vick's chances of sustaining a major injury, WHAT ELSE IS HE SUPPOSED TO DO!?!?

I think it's pretty clear at this point that Vick is a pretty crappy passer. Only those that have completely seperated themselves from objectivity could argue otherwise.

Therefore, if they decide they are going to protect Vick by preventing him from scrambling, they are pretty much turning him into a mediocre at best QB.

Oh wait, they already did that.

So........with that being said, they either go with what they have, and hope that they can win with it, or they simply sit one of the best offensive players in the league and turn to the Matt Schaub era because they think that eventually Vick will get hurt.
QFT

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:19 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger
This isn't good for a quarterback to be doing this....I don't care what you say. Soon he will be so beat up he won't even be able to throw a ball w/out pain.
sitting in the pocket sure worked wonders for david carr.
2drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:28 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:

Chad Pennington?
Carson Palmer?

Even McNabb, when he stopped running, still misses more games than Vick does. Vick had the one fibula injury, besides that, he has missed two games due to injury.
this is a good point and didnt vick get hurt getting sacked by adalius thomas??

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:10 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
this is the most ******** statement made so far. hurt like Always? he has only had one season in which he didn't play in 15 of the 16 games. (he takes one game off a year normally if it is serious enough) and that was a freak injury because his cleat got caught in the turf while he was sliding. shut up when you don't know what you are talking about.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:12 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It kills me how people spin what other people say on this site I never said they should not use him like that just that he is bound to get hurt doing it. If you guys think he is superman and can do what ever think what you want but I don't want to see people acting shocked when/if he gets hurt. I don't see how or way any WR would like to play with him they are not going to get the ball more then 3 times a game if that he only looks at the TE.
wow. proving once again you have no idea what you are talking about. against the saints he threw to Alge 6 times but he was throwing to WR's the other 20 some odd throws. please watch the games before you think you know what you are talking about.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 10-02-2006, 04:15 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:

=

you do know how that injury happened right? he was sliding, his foot got cuahgt in the turf. his cleat was stuck and he popped his ankle. no tackle even happened unless you consider Adalius Thomas's horse collar tackle a big hit.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 10-02-2006, 04:17 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probrably, but he's the biggest ball hog in the history of the NFL.

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this keeps up, he will be hurt. You don't let the main man of a franchise do that. He's gunna get hurt if he keeps trying to be a RB. Also, once he's used to running, the best teams in the playoffs are gunna shut him down, and then the game is over.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
I don't see how or way any WR would like to play with him they are not going to get the ball more then 3 times a game if that he only looks at the TE.

Jenkins and Lelie are the two receiving leaders for the Falcons.. :?

Old 10-02-2006, 05:01 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan
Probrably, but he's the biggest ball hog in the history of the NFL.
yeah, i mean, throwing the ball 4 times more often than he ran it last year... he sure hates to give it up. :roll:
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:01 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You do know that one of the pictures you posted is of him tying the game on a 4th down play with 1 minute and 30 seconds to go?

And to the people that say we wont be able to beat the fast defenses during the playoffs, we beat 2 of the fastest defenses in week 1 and week 2 when we beat the Panthers and Bucs. Vick has always struggled against the Bucs with running, but put 130 yards on them. The Panthers have one of the fastest defenses and he was able to put a solid 50 yards on them. To be honest, the only defense that scares me in the NFC is the defense of the Bears. Their defense is just plain .

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021
To be honest, the only defense that scares me in the NFC is the defense of the Bears. Their defense is just plain .

The Bears are the only team I am afraid of, period.

Old 10-02-2006, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

scar is the angriest poster on NFLDC. :D

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D

Him and Scorchin in their prime was something to watch, err read.

As for Vick; all he needs to be is 1999 mid-70 passer rating, Steve McNair with better legs. If the Titans can make the Super Bowl, and be close to winning it with McNair as a 'mediocre' passer, but runner, having Vick shouldn't inhibit the team's chances.

The only concern thus far from my perspective is red-zone offense. 2 dropped TDs, 1 blocked field goal, 1 interception, it's been straight up ugly. Why wont use Griffith in a power I situation?! It doesn't make sense to me.

Old 10-02-2006, 10:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D

Him and Scorchin in their prime was something to watch, err read.

As for Vick; all he needs to be is 1999 mid-70 passer rating, Steve McNair with better legs. If the Titans can make the Super Bowl, and be close to winning it with McNair as a 'mediocre' passer, but runner, having Vick shouldn't inhibit the team's chances.

The only concern thus far from my perspective is red-zone offense. 2 dropped TDs, 1 blocked field goal, 1 interception, it's been straight up ugly. Why wont use Griffith in a power I situation?! It doesn't make sense to me.
good points....i would think about griffin as well, the red zone play has been sloppy as if they are cramped as to what they want to do, but i think defenses key in on alge crumpler as the main red zone target as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:54 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would get eaten alive by chicago.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote