Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
Homerism or not Ike Taylor should be on the top 10 either this season or next.

Quote:
Chris McAlister should get some mention...anyone who has watched him thus far knows what I'm talking about. I'm not being a homer.

-He shut down Galloway - 0 catches - and he has a 50 yard INT return for TD
-Randy Moss only had 2 catches against him
-Cleveland Game: he makes the play of the game as he intercepted a Frye pass that gave the Ravens the ball back.
-Today: Goes up against McCardell and he has 0 catches
And during Crunch time last season Ike Taylor shut down Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Rod Smith and Darrell Jackson. Not to mention how many people during the season. if the Kid had a pair of hands he'd be great with INT's but he can't catch a cold. However, his physicallity and coverage abilities are on par with almost every guy everyone is putting on their top 10 list. I would say he's a much more raw Marcus Trufant. So he should be getting some top 10 love.
Ike is defintely on the way to becoming an elite CB. He has shut down Chad Johnson, what 4 times in the last 2 years? He has the same problem as Newman though, he doesn't get alot of INTs or have a loudmouth so he doesn't get the hype.
yea the kid doesn't have hands whatsoever. He dropped a gimme INT against miami. But when we need him most he comes up big (INT during the Ryan Clark hit on Chris Henry)
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 01:37 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

I'm a skins fan and I say that Terrance Newman is the real deal.. In a year or maybe by next he will be the top CB in the leage but right now I believe that it is Hall. Bailey is overated with a capital 'O'. Don't get me wrong he is good, but what has he done lately that people are all over his pills for?

My rankings as of right now are

1. Hall
2. McCallister
3. Newman
4. Mathis
5. Bailey
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:43 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Newman is a legit elite corner, as is Leigh Bodden. As for Ike Taylor, he has been eaten alive this season, I have seen two games and he definitely didn't look the part of an 'elite' corner.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:46 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77
I'm a skins fan and I say that Terrance Newman is the real deal.. In a year or maybe by next he will be the top CB in the leage but right now I believe that it is Hall. Bailey is overated with a capital 'O'. Don't get me wrong he is good, but what has he done lately that people are all over his pills for?

1. Hall
2. McCallister
3. Newman
4. Mathis
5. Bailey

lol he was a fianlist in dmvp last year..and he was injured with a disloacted shoulder...no he is healthy teams are not really even testing him...so i guess tacking half thje field away is nothing... :roll:
Old 10-03-2006, 08:57 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other Pacman

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:03 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Newman is a legit elite corner, as is Leigh Bodden. As for Ike Taylor, he has been eaten alive this season, I have seen two games and he definitely didn't look the part of an 'elite' corner.
If you consider Leigh Bodden an elite corner, may I ask who else you consider elite?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:23 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take D Hall over anyone else. Champ, Lucas, and Winfield are my other top guys.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris McAlister.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Burned_By_Santana
Veteran

Burned_By_Santana hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You all are all over DeAngelo Halls jock right now. Rashean Mathis is amazing. Him and D Hall will be the best in a couple of years.

Burned_By_Santana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:06 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

im a Chris McAlister fan so i will go with as he is my fav cb also he was never tackle by a tight end :D
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk
is Chris Gamble top 10 yet?

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
im a Chris McAlister fan so i will go with as he is my fav cb also he was never tackle by a tight end :D
tacking that in consideration i would go out on a limb and argue that ben watson is probally faster then chris mccallister....
Old 10-03-2006, 07:40 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56
Quote:

1. Hall
2. McCallister
3. Newman
4. Mathis
5. Bailey

lol he was a fianlist in dmvp last year..and he was injured with a disloacted shoulder...no he is healthy teams are not really even testing him...so i guess tacking half thje field away is nothing... :roll:

He was a finalist because of his name.. You as a Broncos fan should know that Baily isn't better (right now) than the other guys I listed.. Notice I didn't list put Lucas up there because he has sucked ass. Be unbiased for once..
Old 10-03-2006, 07:55 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Hall
2. McCallister
3. Newman
4. Mathis
5. Bailey

He was a finalist because of his name.. You as a Broncos fan should know that Baily isn't better (right now) than the other guys I listed.. Notice I didn't list put Lucas up there because he has sucked ass. Be unbiased for once..
are you a stathead or have you not noticed that no one throws at him anymore? speaking of "unbiased" :roll:

we won't even go into last year as you've clearly got little to no idea what makes a good cornerback because youre too blinded by champ-sucksism.

yet another person who hasn't added anything interesting to a conversation.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:59 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Hall
2. McCallister
3. Newman
4. Mathis
5. Bailey

Lucas is a top 3 corner right now.

I don't know where everyone is getting this "Deangelo hall is the most amazing corner ever" crap.

I guess everyone just believes everything he says.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Quote:
If you consider Leigh Bodden an elite corner, may I ask who else you consider elite?
Bailey
Hall
Newman
Bodden
Mathis
McCallister

Old 10-05-2006, 10:20 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Ken Lucas has sucked so bad against the run this year to the point that a rookie will be starting over him...
Old 10-05-2006, 01:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Quote:
Bailey
Hall
Newman
Bodden
Mathis
McCallister

your sig is awesome, it would be even better if it was a little bigger, and had a clip of deion doing his dance after a TD as well on the other side, and say something like passing the torch, just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:43 PM    (permalink
The Fat Kid
Pro Bowler

The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid

i think ken lucas is one of the more underatted corners in the league.

sig by CalBears99
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
I HAVE ISSUES!
The Fat Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Most overrated corner: Nate Clements. He's oft-targeted, teams throw towards him, they do not fear him at all.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:34 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Kid
Still unde when he is benched for a 2nd or 3rd round rookie because his tackling sucks?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 12:05 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
tacking that in consideration i would go out on a limb and argue that ben watson is probally faster then chris mccallister....
what you smoking can i get some of that?

chris is one of the fastest cb out there

and your trying to say Ben is faster?????

oh ya but realy can i get smoke of that

suff you smokeing???? :D :D :D :D
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 02:24 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

gotta go with Champ, he's been the best or one of the best CBs in the league every year for a long time now. He is a big time playmaker but also doesnt get beat often, he tackles well and he has all the tools.

But I gotta show love to my boy Ken Lucas, one of the most underrated players out there.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 02:25 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Kid
Still unde when he is benched for a 2nd or 3rd round rookie because his tackling sucks?
Where did you ever get the idea Ken Lucas' tackling sucks? IMO, he's the best run support/hard hitting CB in the league.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:13 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Cover Corners:
DeAngelo Hall
Rashean Mathis

Zone Corners:
Ken Lucas
Ronde Barber

Tacklers:
Nate Clements
Antoine Winfield
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote