Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.
Default Warren Sapp: Hall of Famer?

You Decide?

86.5 Career Sacks
1 Championship Ring
etc
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:06 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think so, he was the best DT in the league for a few years, and he is one of the best at getting after the QB from the DT position.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its possible he may get in eventually, he had a few very dominant years and was part of a superbowl team. He certainly has name recognition as well. I think he should be in more than anyone else on that Tampa team except maybe Brooks. I don't know if he will get in, it isn't easy to tell with defensive players considering the offensive bias of the Hall. Its ridiculous that Lynn Swann is in the hall and Richard Dent isn't.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

If he was 20-30 pounds lighter the last 4 years he would have a better shot case he would play better, I don't think he held up his elite status long enough.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:47 AM    (permalink
glennjamen3
Rookie

glennjamen3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i hope not

Thank you Jimmy for the sig.
glennjamen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:53 AM    (permalink
therock6000
Veteran

therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.

i'm not a big fan of his personality (or the fact he screwed over Cincy before he signed with oakland)...but he was very dominant in the late 90s early 00s...so i guess i think he will

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre
therock6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:54 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sapp was a dominant force for 5-7 years from the DT spot. He racked up a large number of sacks and was the center of offensive game planning from a position that generally doesn't get a lot of glory. Even now, on a bad team, he is still pretty effective. He made DT pretty relevant and helped bring the Cover 2 back into vogue with his skill set. I would say Sapp should be in the HoF, but he's not a first balloter.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe if he can get up to 100 sacks pretty sure his mouth with keep him from being a first ballot HOF.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

And the cheapshot on Clifton, he's lucky it didn't end his career, his pelvic bones completely knocked out of place or something like that.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:30 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

No way

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:01 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk
And the cheapshot on Clifton, he's lucky it didn't end his career, his pelvic bones completely knocked out of place or something like that.
That was a legal block. :?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a definate hall of famer.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk
That was a legal block. :?
It was a cheap shot.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He absolutely is.

High number of Pro-Bowls.

Superbowl Championship.

Impact player.

That's the formula.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
He absolutely is.

Superbowl Championship.

Impact player.

Defensive Player of the Year: 1999

That's the formula.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you tell the story of the NFL without Warren Sapp? In my opinion, no. He should be in.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:
He absolutely is.

Superbowl Championship.

Impact player.

Defensive Player of the Year: 1999

That's the formula.

Yup.

Here's the benchmark.

Have you been to at least or close to 8 Pro Bowls?

Have you won a championship and been on consistantly good teams?

Did you win an MVP award?

Has your presence in the league somehow changed the way the game is played?

Old 10-04-2006, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Can you tell the story of the NFL without Warren Sapp? In my opinion, no. He should be in.
I hear that a lot but I'm not sure how valid that is. Can you tell the story of the NFL without Phil Simms? Does that make him a HOF? There are lots of important players that aren't necessarily elite players.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I hear that a lot but I'm not sure how valid that is. Can you tell the story of the NFL without Phil Simms? Does that make him a HOF? There are lots of important players that aren't necessarily elite players.
Hell yes you can tell the story without Phil Simms. The important figures on that team were Parcells, LT, and arguably Harry Carson.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hell yes you can tell the story without Phil Simms. The important figures on that team were Parcells, LT, and arguably Harry Carson.
This is true. The only thing Phil really has going for him is that he basically had the Don Larson no hitter in the World Series, except in the Super Bowl.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This is true. The only thing Phil really has going for him is that he basically had the Don Larson no hitter in the World Series, except in the Super Bowl.
The question "Can you tell the story of the NFL without this person?" is the only reason Joe Namath is in the HOF in the first place. If it weren't for Namath, there would be no NFL. But look at his numbers, they're ATROCIOUS.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would like to see brooks, sapp, and rice all make it in eventually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:31 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, he makes it easily, for all the reasons Ward and Bearsfan already said.

The guy was the centerpiece on one of the most consistently good defenses of our era.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 1999 Bucs defense was awesome. They shut down the "greatest show on turf" in their stadium, in the NFCCG, without any offensive support to speak of.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
i would like to see brooks, sapp, and rice all make it in eventually...

I think all 3 may. About DT does anybody think if Sam Adams has a chance to be a HOF?