Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 07-28-2007, 02:47 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Devin Hester...He's a Stud

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....home-headlines

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If that article is accurate, I expect to see Hester become the 3rd receiver and slot man on the depth chart. I also expect so see a lot of screens come his way.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

holy hell.
sweetness. i whole heartedly agree with all those big smiles.

The future is the way to go here.
In two years we might have an arsenel of well developed recievers on our hands. Hester may enjoy the endzone a little more. Bradley gets maybe one more year into it all, when moose calls it quits, we're set. This is probably the best looking that the team has looked for the future since JA took over. Sure we're a contender now, but next year? We still have all these tools, same with next year, and our development is working very well. Hass or Rideau or Ball can step up and fill a spot in a big way next year if moose exits (although I think personally he may have two left in him, especially with bigger threats across from him, negating injury as well).

"What we have to do with him is just create opportunities, and create mismatches for him."

That right there lies to our advantage. If we make the packers move laterally with hester, it opens our running game against their front six.

I think the primary goal though is to keep hester injury free and to make sure wolfe can provide a similar threat on returning if the opportunity arises, sure, scoring is nice, but field position lets us work our magic. And who provides that? Oh the wheels of hester go round and round, round and round, round and round.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bad idea IMO. History shows return men slow quickly, especially when asked to do other things. This, IMO, should be his last year returning the ball if he wants to be a legitimate threat on offense.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Bad idea IMO. History shows return men slow quickly, especially when asked to do other things. This, IMO, should be his last year returning the ball if he wants to be a legitimate threat on offense.
Ok man, whatever you say. Hester did it in College as well, so this isn't his first time playing multiple positions at once.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:58 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Ok man, whatever you say. Hester did it in College as well, so this isn't his first time playing multiple positions at once.
to an extent he is right though, if Hester is to become a starting receiver at any point in his career, then it would be too risky to have him returning kicks as well, so it comes down to where he's more valuable, and if he produces as a receiver, his returning would undoubtedly suffer.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:06 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
to an extent he is right though, if Hester is to become a starting receiver at any point in his career, then it would be too risky to have him returning kicks as well, so it comes down to where he's more valuable, and if he produces as a receiver, his returning would undoubtedly suffer.
I disagree since the beginning of the NFL or football in general players have done it, now I havent seen him at WR yet but, a person with his skill set can do it, when he was drafted he was said to have lackluster speed so I don't doubt this kid for a second.....
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:24 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dante hall?
it's not like he's ever been a true #2 target in KC, but, his production never suffered greatly as a returner after he really started getting into the passing game... and sure his last year was lackluster for sure, but the two previous years, he still has a 25ypr average.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
Doesn't Steve Smith return punts?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Doesn't Steve Smith return punts?
i dunno, but I think thats what the Bears are trying to create. A Steve Smith clone, a guy who can take it the distance at any time.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:35 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
I disagree since the beginning of the NFL or football in general players have done it, now I havent seen him at WR yet but, a person with his skill set can do it, when he was drafted he was said to have lackluster speed so I don't doubt this kid for a second.....
i'm not saying he couldn't do it, he most certainly could do it, and would be amazing at it, but it would be pretty risky to have one of your starting receivers returning kicks and punts.

I'm just saying that if he becomes a starting receiver on this team (which i personally don't think he will, could be wrong though) he won't be returning both kicks and punts, if anything, just punts.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dieon Sanders had a long career returning punts, playing cornerback, and playing baseball. OK, so he didn't play baseball as long as football, but still, @ one point he was doing all 3 of those things.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears9654 View Post
Dieon Sanders had a long career returning punts, playing cornerback, and playing baseball. OK, so he didn't play baseball as long as football, but still, @ one point he was doing all 3 of those things.
In all fairness Deions a freak....
Old 07-31-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
In all fairness Deions a freak....
And so is Devin Hester. There's a reason why he set an NFL Record on Punt/Kick Return TD's this season...

Quote:
Old 07-31-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And so is Devin Hester. There's a reason why he set an NFL Record on Punt/Kick Return TD's this season...
Devin Hester makes grown men like Lovie Smith (and me) giddy as a schoolgirl.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

I'm not sayin anything bad about Hester hes ridiculous and the best part will be him as a decoy give him the ball or dont theres gonna be many big plays in Chicago this year....
Old 08-01-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would be thrilled -- and not surprised -- if it was 1995 all over again for the Bears offense. That kind of O, combined with the great D, watch out. The Bears would definitely be the 2nd consecutive defending league runners-up to head to the playoffs.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:48 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My dear lord. Please never compare Devin Hester to Primetime again.....And they call Packers fans homers.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
My dear lord. Please never compare Devin Hester to Primetime again.....And they call Packers fans homers.

wow did you misread? Hes saying both Primetime and Devin are freaks. No one was saying anything about Hester being able to do what he could.

and Packer fans just jump all over anybody who says anything bad about their beloved Brett Favre regardless of whether its deserved.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 08-01-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
After this season, i bet we could call hester the better Returner...
but i don't think there's anyone at CB now who's like deion...
so. to compare the two at a particular position isn't out of the question. like returner.
but give it two more years, and we'll see.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
After this season, i bet we could call hester the better Returner...
but i don't think there's anyone at CB now who's like deion...
so. to compare the two at a particular position isn't out of the question. like returner.
but give it two more years, and we'll see.

no he has to sustain it. For all the positive vibe going here we all have to realize, right now Hester has been a one year wonder. No one knows if this will become consistent.

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 08-02-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
My dear lord, you've think Packer fans would be able to understand sentences, I guess not...Where did I say that he was better than Primetime? Where?

I said he was a freak, like Deion was.

Quote:
Old 08-02-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
no he has to sustain it. For all the positive vibe going here we all have to realize, right now Hester has been a one year wonder. No one knows if this will become consistent.
i meant after the next year. the 07-08 season. two years should dispel myths.

i'm putting odds on consistency or kickers prepping their squibbing.
that's a funny phrase. prepping their squibbing.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
i meant after the next year. the 07-08 season. two years should dispel myths.

i'm putting odds on consistency or kickers prepping their squibbing.
that's a funny phrase. prepping their squibbing.
lol it is a funny phrase ^_^.

Even after two good years (hes not going to repeat 6 tds maybe 3 if we're lucky). Id still say he has to do it for a third before I consider him one of the best returners of all time.

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3