Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Some food for thought...

John from Jacksonville: You often mention that postseason play is one of your criteria for entry to the Hall of Fame. Is the postseason even more important for a coach?
Vic: It’s important. I don’t care if it’s for players or coaches, postseason performance, in my opinion, is a major measuring stick for evaluating players’ and coaches’ careers. There are exceptions, of course. Some guys play their whole careers for bad teams and don’t see much postseason action. Barry Sanders kind of fits into that category. For the guys who have played a lot of postseason games, however, I judge them in a big way on what they’ve done in the postseason. Take a guy who’s played the equivalent or near equivalent of a whole season in the postseason. Now compare his stats from the postseason to his regular seasons. I’ll use two guys – Michael Irvin and Lynn Swann – as examples, but there are a lot more of them I could use. Irvin’s and Swann’s postseasons are as good as their best regular seasons. In other words, when the light was shining brightest, the games were the biggest and the competition was the toughest, they played at their highest level. That, in my opinion, is a Hall of Famer. The same goes for coaches.

http://jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=6183
Eh, but the thing is that Swann's regular season numbers are soo average that it's not that amazing that his post-season play is "as good" or "better" than his regular season numbers.

Talking about WR's... as a Bronco fan, I'm wondering what people would think about Rod Smith and his chances of the HoF.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling Dermontti Dawson will either not get in because of the amount of Steelers in there, or it'll take a long time.

He was the best Center during his career. I hope he gets in soon.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
Talking about WR's... as a Bronco fan, I'm wondering what people would think about Rod Smith and his chances of the HoF.
If Art Monk can't get in, Rod Smith has very little chance, although he does have a "signature play" from Super Bowl XXXIII, so that might help him out.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote