Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-07-2007, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default External HD w / Software?

Hey,

I am in the market for an external hard drive or flash drive but I want one with software that I can use to back up my files automatically. Either that or one I can do with the touch of a button.

Anyone have any recomondations?

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Last edited by Scott Wright : 08-07-2007 at 04:55 AM.
Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a recommendation......

Western Digital My Book Pro 500 GB 3.5" External Hard Drive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136047

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I highly recommend and external hdd from Seagate, I've had many years of experience with Seagate and love them. They also come with one touch backup ability.

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/pro...button_backup/

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I highly recommend and external hdd from Seagate, I've had many years of experience with Seagate and love them. They also come with one touch backup ability.

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/pro...button_backup/
So how does it work, do you just pick the files you want and then every time you hit the button it backs those up?

Old 08-07-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Totally unrelated topic, every time I see that commercial with Steve Spurrier I think of the time I first saw that commercial and remember me thinking

Did he just say click clack to end his phone conversation? Really? Reallllllllllllly???????
Old 08-07-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
So how does it work, do you just pick the files you want and then every time you hit the button it backs those up?
The software it comes with gives you a variety of options on what to back up, so you just set up the parameters of what you want to backup when you push the button. Seagate makes and excellent product and are very reliable.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Scott,

Are you looking to backup only certain files or your entire hard drive? How much space do you need?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Scott,

Are you looking to backup only certain files or your entire hard drive? How much space do you need?
I basically want to backup my music, photos and the site files. My entire hard drive is only at about 100 gigs right now and I think the vast majority of that is the operating system and stuff.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I basically want to backup my music, photos and the site files. My entire hard drive is only at about 100 gigs right now and I think the vast majority of that is the operating system and stuff.
Probably best to grab a nice external hard drive then. That way you can back up everything (even in the future) and a hard drive crash would barely inconvience you.

Look through some of these: http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...al-Hard-Drives
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote